The Unreal Admins Page - Forums

The Unreal Admins Page - Forums (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/index.php)
-   UT Releases (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   QValidate V111 (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7346)

ProfessorQ 5th August, 2004 05:04 PM

QValidate V111

4 Attachment(s)
Well, here we go then :D.

CHANGES SINCE V110

- Linux compatibility! This version comes with a QValidate111.so which is (should be) fully Linux-compatible.
- Changed hook detection method so all HelioS Hooks up to V2.6 will be detected.
- Some other minor things I don't remember at the moment :P.

FILES

QValidate111_client.zip - files for manual client-side installation.
QValidate111_server_win32.zip - files for manual Windows server installation.
QValidate111_server_linux.zip - files for manual Linux server installation.
QValidate111_all.zip - all of the above :).

LucK 5th August, 2004 06:47 PM

GJ :thumbup:

safe for Mac clients? (not mac servers, just players) NOT that we need to be scanned anyway :rolleyes:

jamaica 5th August, 2004 07:32 PM

congratulations ProfQ! :D i'm gonna test it as soon as I reach $home ;)

Azura 5th August, 2004 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucK
safe for Mac clients? (not mac servers, just players) NOT that we need to be scanned anyway :rolleyes:

Hmmm, I'm not sure about this. The client requires the files QValidate111.u and QValidate111.dll. I don't know if the mac version supports dlls and I'd be interested to find out if this is the case.

SixtSense 5th August, 2004 08:23 PM

test

testing will post tommorow :thumbup:

Azura 5th August, 2004 08:54 PM

Tested and approved :) . This is a log of a test involving the latest version of the hook.

DevNet: Join request: Index.unr?Name=***?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=0?ski n=SoldierSkins.***?Face=SoldierSkins.**?Voice=BotP ack.VoiceMaleTwo?OverrideClass=?password=***
ScriptLog: Team 0
ScriptLog: Login: ***
ScriptLog: Password ***
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: TMale2 dm-Turbine.TMale3
DevNet: Join succeeded: ***
x3dfxMapVote: New Player ***, ***
QValidate: QValidate Client-side error!!!
QValidate: Player is has applied illegal DLL hooks!
QValidate: Player Name : ***
QValidate: Player IP : ***
QValidate: Hooks :
QValidate: Stealth code inject
QValidate: ########################################
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection12 Thu Aug 5 20:32:03 2004
DevNet: NotifyAccept

LucK 5th August, 2004 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearless
I don't know if the mac version supports dlls and I'd be interested to find out if this is the case.

nah, Mac OS's in general doesnt support .dll's

Azura 5th August, 2004 09:00 PM

Do you have any idea on what's used instead ? I know that on Linux DLLs are replaced by SOs. Unfortunately, this might mean that Macs aren't supported as QValidate relies on a native part to go rummaging in system memory.

{ROW}Mase 5th August, 2004 09:23 PM

this thing rocks!!!!

w00t w00t! Go Prof Q

works great!

Mase

jamaica 5th August, 2004 10:15 PM

one stupid question: does it detect Radar 5.1 too? :P

nice work there, finally linux support has arrived!!! :D :D :D

Azura 5th August, 2004 10:26 PM

What's radar 5.1 ? A sort of addong or separate hack ? Send me a PM with more info please.

Bedlam 5th August, 2004 10:38 PM

Works great so far, only problem is that one our clan cannot connect he gets this error message popup - http://www.clan1234.com/Lotesdelere/Temp/QValidate1.png

He's running Win98, is that likey to be the cause? (I've alrady told him to get with the times, but he like Win98 :p

New Pure + QVal, time to enjoy the servers again :)

{ROW}Mase 5th August, 2004 11:15 PM

yes....

Radar is gone!!

w00t!!

MAse

Azura 5th August, 2004 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bedlam
He's running Win98, is that likey to be the cause? (I've alrady told him to get with the times, but he like Win98 :p

If he has a recent machine (Pentium 3) with more than 512 MB of ram, tell him to try out Windows 2000 :) .

jamaica 5th August, 2004 11:44 PM

hey my Duron 655 with 256 SDRAM is running windoze 2k sp4 and it r0x o_O

-graVe- 5th August, 2004 11:58 PM

this win98 problem suxx, because in my clan we have more than 2 Win98 User and one of then has a P3-600MHz

Bedlam 6th August, 2004 12:05 AM

I've told him about Win2000, but now it seems 95% of the people who try and join get the same error message, XP, Win2000 etc :/ most can manually download the packages, but most don't bother :/

jamaica 6th August, 2004 12:14 AM

the problem is, it seems that it doesn't matter wheter ppl install qval manually or automatically, because it is reporting some false-positives.

I was using Pure 7E, qval 111, modos utils and monster announcer. ASH and MMC were commented out in the ini, and it falsely detected illegal hooks in udemo.dll, which seems to be ut demo manager 2.

problem is, profQ is on vacations. maybe we should get ones too =)

Azura 6th August, 2004 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bedlam
Works great so far, only problem is that one our clan cannot connect he gets this error message popup - http://www.clan1234.com/Lotesdelere/Temp/QValidate1.png

Hi, I've just invited someone onto our server and he's getting the same error message. He has Windows XP, however.

Edit: I told him to empty his cache and to install the clientside files manually. He was able to join the server afterwards.

Azura 6th August, 2004 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamaica
hey my Duron 655 with 256 SDRAM is running windoze 2k sp4 and it r0x o_O

Yes; Windows 2000 rocks indeed :P . I simply said 512+ MB ram as Windows 98 is unable to handle higher capacity memory. And a Duron is well worth a Pentium-III processor if not better.