The Unreal Admins Page - Forums

The Unreal Admins Page - Forums (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Anti-Cheat Discussion (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Crouching players (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=297)

Whoop 28th October, 2001 01:32 AM

This may be a stupid question,But,Can you get a headshot
with the sniper rifle on a player when they are crouching down?

DarkByte 28th October, 2001 02:46 PM

I wasnt sure so i asked the experts.

The answer is No. Headshot happens when you hit the upper 20% of the hit cylinder of the player.

Whoop 28th October, 2001 05:36 PM

Thanks for the info DarkByte
Whoop

Elvis 29th October, 2001 01:09 PM

So, does the size or shape of the cylinder change when the player crouches? Probably. Then the upper 20% has changed in size or shape, but still exists. Still ought to be able to get a headshot. Not with a standard AIMBOT though.

UsAaR33 30th October, 2001 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Elvis
So, does the size or shape of the cylinder change when the player crouches? Probably. Then the upper 20% has changed in size or shape, but still exists. Still ought to be able to get a headshot. Not with a standard AIMBOT though.

Nope. All trace shots (enforcer, impact hammer, chainsaw, shock primary, pulse alt, minigun, and sniper rifle) run a special function on the pawn it hits. It checks if the hitlocation is "legal". If not it continues tracing. As the upper 1/2 of the model is illegal on crouching and the upper 33% is a headshot..well you get the picture :)

Elvis 1st November, 2001 01:45 AM

So it's not the upper 33% of the legal hit zone, it's the upper 33% of the total model including the illegal zone..?

UsAaR33 1st November, 2001 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Elvis
So it's not the upper 33% of the legal hit zone, it's the upper 33% of the total model including the illegal zone..?

correct.

Elvis 1st November, 2001 05:14 AM

Unrealistic :)

Mortus 1st February, 2008 03:15 PM

Is there anyway to change this to the upper 15% say?

[SwS]Next 1st February, 2008 11:30 PM

BULL!!

I can get a headshot if you are crouched!

I dont know who is telling you this lie but come to my server or I will come to your server and I will prove it to you!

dang, it is so easy

PizzaMan 2nd February, 2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [SwS]Next (Post 137183)
BULL!!

I can get a headshot if you are crouched!

You have zeroping on your server, which is totally different. With zp, you can aim at where the head would be if the player was standing up and get a headshot. Without zp, you cant do that.

[DANISH]TheDane 2nd February, 2008 10:22 AM

It's a bug, i don't run zeroping, but sometimes i can headshoot players even if they crouch. [SwS]Next is using cheats if its "EASY", because it's a bug in the engine, the hitlocation is checked twice, by the mother class and then by the weapon used. If the enemy sits absolutely still and you are able to get the exact same angle to your shot everytime, well then it's MAYBE easy, but when the game is on it would happen something like 1/500 times.

However, my newest versions of the rifle checks if the player is crouched and disable the headshot option if true.

The hitarea is defined within the rifle script and is changeable to whatever you want them to be.

SilentButDeadly 30th April, 2009 09:30 PM

To get a headshot while someone is crouched, just shoot the person from directly above them. Any sniper who's been playing awhile should know this... :cool::P

{DOU}Draco 8th May, 2009 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentButDeadly (Post 148763)
To get a headshot while someone is crouched, just shoot the person from directly above them. Any sniper who's been playing awhile should know this... :cool::P

Yep, I always have to hit them twice, though. It's like the momentum of the first shot bounces them upward high enough for the second shot to register as a headshot.:D

~Johnny Jones

werewolf 15th June, 2009 01:16 AM

like silentbutdeadly said, you can get headshot from shooting someone directly above.

fntx 12th June, 2015 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [DANISH]TheDane (Post 137192)
It's a bug, i don't run zeroping, but sometimes i can headshoot players even if they crouch. [SwS]Next is using cheats if its "EASY", because it's a bug in the engine, the hitlocation is checked twice, by the mother class and then by the weapon used. If the enemy sits absolutely still and you are able to get the exact same angle to your shot everytime, well then it's MAYBE easy, but when the game is on it would happen something like 1/500 times.

However, my newest versions of the rifle checks if the player is crouched and disable the headshot option if true.

The hitarea is defined within the rifle script and is changeable to whatever you want them to be.

can i see that version of the rifle?

medor 12th June, 2015 10:13 PM

Head shot on a player when he is crouched it's UT.

If you want you can use RealCrouch
http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/f...2140&view=next
Download http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/u...RealCrouch.zip

evilgrins 15th June, 2015 12:44 AM

I've done it.

medor 15th June, 2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilgrins (Post 170964)
I've done it.

Have you try it with newnet ?

evilgrins 17th June, 2015 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admin (Post 170965)
Have you try it with newnet ?

Nope, I don't have that.