The Unreal Admins Page - Forums

The Unreal Admins Page - Forums (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/index.php)
-   Admin (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Nexgen Server Controller (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26835)

qwerty 3rd April, 2008 01:33 AM

absolutely interested in frag recovery :) my players are crying without it lol

qwerty 3rd April, 2008 01:39 AM

I was also wondering the best set up with nexgen boot. For instance when the server master boots off of mlds.sh how should it boot? meaning what settings? because what happens on linux servers is after a crash the mlds reboots then nexgen will boot and thus sometimes causing the non process kill bug (linux)which ends up changing the query port of the server.

well that happened with ASC not sure if negen would have the same issues or not.

Thank you for your amazing work.

Jantje 3rd April, 2008 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defrost (Post 139069)
To enable reboot the server with the last played map make sure both 'Enable Nexgen boot control' and 'Restart game on last map' are checked (don't forget to hit save).

Thanks for the quick reply.
You are right I forgot to hit save!:redface:

It works perfect now!:D:thumbup:

Defrost 3rd April, 2008 11:49 AM

Here's how I implemented SmartCTF stats recovery in my plugin. You'll have to modify the code a bit if you wish to create your own Nexgen plugin.

Code:

class YourPluginNameHere extends NexgenPlugin;

var SmartCTFGameReplicationInfo SCTFGame;

// Extra player attributes.
const PA_Captures = "captures";
const PA_Assists = "assists";
const PA_Grabs = "grabs";
const PA_Covers = "covers";
const PA_Seals = "seals";
const PA_FlagKills = "flagKills";
const PA_DefKills = "defKills";
const PA_Frags = "frags";
const PA_HeadShots = "headShots";

function bool initialize() {

foreach allActors(class'SmartCTFGameReplicationInfo', SCTFGame) {
                break;
        }

return true;
}

function playerJoined(NexgenClient client) {
        local SmartCTFPlayerReplicationInfo pri;

// Restore saved player data.
        if (SCTFGame != none) {
                pri = SCTFGame.getStats(client.player);
                if (pri != none) {
                        pri.captures  = client.pDat.getInt(PA_Captures,  pri.captures);
                        pri.assists  = client.pDat.getInt(PA_Assists,  pri.assists);
                        pri.grabs    = client.pDat.getInt(PA_Grabs,    pri.grabs);
                        pri.covers    = client.pDat.getInt(PA_Covers,    pri.covers);
                        pri.seals    = client.pDat.getInt(PA_Seals,    pri.seals);
                        pri.flagKills = client.pDat.getInt(PA_FlagKills, pri.flagKills);
                        pri.defKills  = client.pDat.getInt(PA_DefKills,  pri.defKills);
                        pri.frags    = client.pDat.getInt(PA_Frags,    pri.frags);
                        pri.headShots = client.pDat.getInt(PA_HeadShots, pri.headShots);
                }
        }
}

function playerLeft(NexgenClient client) {
        local SmartCTFPlayerReplicationInfo pri, cPRI;

// Store saved player data.
        if (SCTFGame != none) {
                //pri = SCTFGame.getStats(client.player);
                foreach allActors(class'SmartCTFPlayerReplicationInfo', cPRI) {
                        if (cPRI.owner == none) {
                                if (pri == none) {
                                        pri = cPRI;
                                } else {
                                        // Multiple pri's without owner, can't find player relations.
                                        pri = none;
                                        break;
                                }
                        }
                }

if (pri != none) {
                        client.pDat.set(PA_Captures,  pri.captures);
                        client.pDat.set(PA_Assists,  pri.assists);
                        client.pDat.set(PA_Grabs,    pri.grabs);
                        client.pDat.set(PA_Covers,    pri.covers);
                        client.pDat.set(PA_Seals,    pri.seals);
                        client.pDat.set(PA_FlagKills, pri.flagKills);
                        client.pDat.set(PA_DefKills,  pri.defKills);
                        client.pDat.set(PA_Frags,    pri.frags);
                        client.pDat.set(PA_HeadShots, pri.headShots);
                }
        }
}

defaultproperties {
        pluginName="Name of your plugin goes here"
        pluginVersion="0.01"
        pluginAuthor="Me"
}

qwerty 5th April, 2008 03:14 AM

thanks! Ill give it a try:)

[BOSS]Snipes' 8th April, 2008 05:27 PM

Have this on our Sniping Server.. Mainly Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch... only problem i see is no tournament mode.. which has to be set up in Webadmin or console (no button or checkbox for it on the conole, which would be sweet), but your current configuration starts the game before all peeps can flag in when playing a match.. Everything else is working great, no lag, no errors and looks nice on the server.. Is there anyway to add a tournament checkbox or fix this problem Defrost?? Thanks for all the hard work and i also sent you an email with more detail.. keep up the great work! :thumbup:

Defrost 9th April, 2008 09:47 PM

Thanks for your interest in this server controller. I've received your e-mail about it. Unfortunately I haven't been able to answer it yet as I'm very busy at the moment. I'll have a look at it this weekend, but I'm confident it won't be a problem to support tournament mode in the next version of Nexgen.

qwerty 10th April, 2008 10:46 PM

With Nexgen boot how should the mlds.sh be configured? What should be its start up parameters? reason im asking is i know with asc boot it would sometimes change the query port number. This is a known linux bug with hanging processes. I hope I made sense lol

with asc i choose the intro map to boot with then asc would kick in and boot the correct params.

Thank you!

[BOSS]Snipes' 11th April, 2008 12:42 AM

Thanks Defrost.. standing by for the next version.. Please feel free to contact me via email or here for any testing that you need done (prior to release) I would love to give the next version a go around the block... I have a server available and standing by.. The work you've done so far on this is very impressive.. thanks in advance!! :thumbup:

Defrost 11th April, 2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwerty (Post 139331)
With Nexgen boot how should the mlds.sh be configured? What should be its start up parameters? reason im asking is i know with asc boot it would sometimes change the query port number. This is a known linux bug with hanging processes. I hope I made sense lol

with asc i choose the intro map to boot with then asc would kick in and boot the correct params.

Thank you!

To be honest I don't know what you mean. I think ASC and Nexgen use the same way to boot a server. The command line I use in my startup script is simply 'ucc SomeMap.unr -ini=server.ini'. As soon as the Nexgen controller is being loaded it will simply abort it's loading process and does a servertravel call. No idea how ASC does it, but since I don't think there's another way it's probably the same.

CoD|»»[Ava]n0x«-- 12th April, 2008 02:10 PM

Will this cause downloads for the players playing on the server?

Matthew 12th April, 2008 05:06 PM

Defrost is correct. ASC simply performs a servertravel.

Killerbee 23rd April, 2008 07:19 AM

well done!

Hi Defrost,

i'ts a great programm, we use it on all our seven servers atm!
and it's also very friendly to use!
:D
check: www.online-multigaming.com

cu

KB

SC]-[LO]\[G_{HoF} 24th April, 2008 05:14 PM

I think this doesn't work with AnthCheckerC_v138. I tried to get it working one day with one of my servers and server wouldn't boot. Maybe I needed to have AnthChecker configured to see the controller but I never got that far trying to get it to function.

qwerty 24th April, 2008 07:29 PM

I'm running anth checker and the controller np ;) lets talk again and I'll try and help you

SC]-[LO]\[G_{HoF} 24th April, 2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwerty (Post 139586)
I'm running anth checker and the controller np ;) lets talk again and I'll try and help you

OK I'll talk to you on xfire then.

P.S. Thx for the help. It was all serverpackage placement the whole time.

qwerty 29th April, 2008 06:05 PM

Ok I'm retarded and couldn't figure out how to add the frag recovery lol. I hope you implement it in your next release :D

*TNT*Strych9 1st May, 2008 12:34 AM

This is a very cool and only have seen a few small issues that i am sure will be fixed in the next release. Just wondering if you know when the next release will be.

Thanks,

*TNT*Strych9

qwerty 3rd May, 2008 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *TNT*Strych9 (Post 139627)
This is a very cool and only have seen a few small issues that i am sure will be fixed in the next release. Just wondering if you know when the next release will be.

Thanks,

*TNT*Strych9

yeah cant wait for next release. I have been having issues on my server with setting up matches, setting a pw, pausing matches, restarting matches, and force switching maps all of these options lead to a server crash.. I dont know what im doing wrong :( other wise everything else works.. bans,kicks etc work fine

2399Skillz 4th May, 2008 02:37 AM

I am not sure how this is the same or similar to ASC. This is a server controller from a command line, within Linux type interface?