The Unreal Admins Page - Forums

The Unreal Admins Page - Forums (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   [Release] TweakBlocker BETA v0.1 (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29176)

AnthraX 21st April, 2009 04:21 PM

[Release] TweakBlocker BETA v0.1

1 Attachment(s)
TweakBlocker is a new antitweak tool that blocks all of the MAJOR rendering tweaks. It will detect/block a whole bunch of tweaks that are undetected by any other tools. My goal is to stop any tweaks that have a severe impact on the looks of the game (wallhacks/skinhacks/...).

Features include:
* Every check can be toggled on or off
* External logging
* To maintain compatibility with external mods, TB will only kick for non-replicated tweaks

medor 21st April, 2009 07:20 PM

What about AntiTweakV42 ? we drop it for take TweakBlocker ?

Protos 21st April, 2009 07:53 PM

AnthraX :thumbup:

AnthraX 21st April, 2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admin (Post 148565)
What about AntiTweakV42 ? we drop it for take TweakBlocker ?

No. TB only blocks major tweaks, most of which are undetected by AntiTweak. AntiTweak will block a whole set of minor tweaks (weapon/powerup tweaks and so on). Personally I find all of these minor tweaks perfectly acceptable but there aren't many people who share my view. If you want to block all common tweaks then use both tools. If you only want to block major tweaks, use TB.

Letylove49 21st April, 2009 11:19 PM

NO block special weapons is not good. is for this reason i don't use that. because antitwick kicked me on the map who have no-standart weapons

Protos 21st April, 2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letylove49 (Post 148570)
NO block special weapons is not good. is for this reason i don't use that. because antitwick kicked me on the map who have no-standart weapons

So what ....... so because you got kicked, antitweak is bad?

Anth thanks for the explanation. I am one of those admins who does not want even minor tweaks allowed. I appreciate the added protection you provide to current anti tweak muts.

Very Glad to have the extra protection tweakblocker provides. Cheers.

Acid Rayne 24th April, 2009 05:13 PM

minor tweaks such as? I'm not against tweaking as long as its legit but i guess im not aware of these tweaks. Can someone link me somewhere to learn more or give a few examples ?

SC]-[LO]\[G_{HoF} 24th April, 2009 09:52 PM

I got a bunch of these after I put this on my Rocket-X server

Quote:

[TBv01] === Player Kick ===
[TBv01] Player Name : NONE
[TBv01] Player IP : **.**.**.**
[TBv01] Tweaks found : 4
[TBv01] Tweaks : Brightskins -> UnrealShare.Belt_fx.Invis.Invis
Any ideas which setting I need to disable or will this antitweak be pointless to put on my server.

AnthraX 24th April, 2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC]-[LO]\[G_{HoF} (Post 148613)
I got a bunch of these after I put this on my Rocket-X server

Any ideas which setting I need to disable or will this antitweak be pointless to put on my server.

bCheckPlayerSkins to false. Is that mod UTPure compatible?

SC]-[LO]\[G_{HoF} 24th April, 2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthraX (Post 148615)
bCheckPlayerSkins to false. Is that mod UTPure compatible?

StrangeLove and Rocket-X have never worked with UTPure which is why I don't run them on this particular server. Thats kinda why I been looking for anticheats that won't conflict. I was hoping your antitweak would help me keep the server a bit more free of idiots.

I appreciate the fact there are still people like yourself making UT99 a fair game to play. Thanks for the reply and I'll try that setting later tonight when traffic slows down. TTYL

medor 24th April, 2009 11:27 PM

same error and if i set:
bCheckPlayerSkins to false

i have:
[TBv01] Player Name : ************
[TBv01] Player IP : *************
[TBv01] Tweaks : Check Failed - Code 2 - 4 3

SC]-[LO]\[G_{HoF} 26th April, 2009 07:41 PM

Just curious..... What mods are you using on your server admin.

McNamara 29th April, 2009 06:38 AM

thanks for this! :thumbup:

SoNY_scarface 30th April, 2009 01:28 AM

Anth, is there any news on the logs I sent you?

maDC0w 3rd May, 2009 06:00 PM

hi, i've been getting a handful of kicks similar to this:

Code:

ScriptLog: [TBv01] === Player Kick ===
ScriptLog: [TBv01] Player Name  : xxx
ScriptLog: [TBv01] Player IP    : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
ScriptLog: [TBv01] Tweaks found : 2
ScriptLog: [TBv01] Tweaks      : Brightskins ->  UnrealShare.Belt_fx.ShieldBelt.newgold, MeshEnviroMapped skins ->  UnrealShare.Belt_fx.ShieldBelt.newgold
ScriptLog: [TBv01] === Player Kick ===

can anyone give me some more info on this "brightskins" tweak? is this an ini setting? an external program? how unfair is the advantage? i don't want to set "bCheckPlayerSkins" to false if this is legit. thanks in advance.

Protos 4th May, 2009 02:06 AM

Its very unfair.

Basically makes the player skin much 'brighter' often a dayglow color so that you can see players often through walls or in darker spots of the map.

Its 2009 and there is no need to 'tweak' for performance.
Any machine out there can play this game max everything plus ultra high s3tc textures at a bazillion frames per sec.

Tweaking is for bitches who need an 'edge'

Just my two cents.

maDC0w 4th May, 2009 08:40 AM

thanks for the reply. i figured by the name that it made skins brighter, but seeing through walls is a pretty unfair advantage. it's sad that i'm getting so many of these. but i'll keep the check on.

chicken- 14th May, 2009 06:42 AM

I'm also getting the shieldbelt brightskins thing on several players that I do not believe are using this.

chicken- 19th May, 2009 07:42 PM

Guess this one is DOA :(

AnthraX 19th May, 2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicken- (Post 149054)
Guess this one is DOA :(

I will fix it eventually but I'm very busy right now. (Projects/Exams + UTDCPlus)