The Unreal Admins Page - Forums

The Unreal Admins Page - Forums (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/index.php)
-   UTAN (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   UTAN R-Team Announced (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9646)

Limited 19th January, 2005 01:25 AM

UTAN R-Team Announced

UTAN 3MAC Press ReleaseUTAN would like to announce the opening of a new UTAN sub-system named the Reconnaissance Team or the R-Team. This system has been introduced to help improve Unreal Tournament and Unreal Tournament 2004 Anti-Cheat Software.

The R-Team will monitor and process information and files contributed by members of the public. Due to the sensitive nature of such data, all information can be contributed anonymously and in confidence. No names will ever be mentioned if developments are made based on the information contributed.

Contributions can be made by visiting the R-Team website at the address below...

http://utan.unrealadmin.org/rteam/

Azura 19th January, 2005 04:34 AM

Ambitious but nice. How do you intend to prevent redundancies in the files being uploaded :p ?

Wormbo 19th January, 2005 06:18 AM

I wouldn't know if that could be seen as an actual problem...

Azura 19th January, 2005 06:21 AM

Ok. Well I hope you don't mind all of the junk I've uploaded lol.

Truff 23rd January, 2005 10:02 PM

Why is there a need to set up something different to the existing UT anticheat groups such as www.anticheat.co.uk and clanbase's UT anticheat site, channel and processes (which has close ties with anticheat.co.uk)? Surely we would be better all working as one, coherent unit?

Wormbo 23rd January, 2005 10:13 PM

The point is, that the cheaters can submit their stuff anonymously and other potential cheaters have no way of accessing the uploaded cheats.
Anticheat and especially Clanbase want to ban cheaters, we want to invite them - that's the difference. We're interested in the code, not the persons.

Azura 23rd January, 2005 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truff
Why is there a need to set up something different to the existing UT anticheat groups such as www.anticheat.co.uk and clanbase's UT anticheat site, channel and processes (which has close ties with anticheat.co.uk)? Surely we would be better all working as one, coherent unit?

Well, I'd be tempted to say that the anticheat people are too secretive in what they do, each anticheat author working away in their corner. Also efforts to coordinate things have improved but aren't yet ideal. And I just hate the idea of witchhunts. That's just my opinion though.

Edit: Wormbo has a point too. Which cheater in their right mind would address people on a site like anticheat.co.uk ?

Truff 23rd January, 2005 11:33 PM

Well, I guess we all have the same ultimate goal but I'm afraid I don't get it though - why on earth would a cheater send you files?

Azura 23rd January, 2005 11:43 PM

That's a good question. I think most useful submissions will come from people who know cheaters and form the thin layer between the cheat and anticheat worlds. Either that or an individual might find this the perfect way to cause trouble for a rival. Cheating, stealing, lying, backstabbing ... all part of the same game ^^.

Shambler 23rd January, 2005 11:57 PM

By guessing, it's purpose seems simple enough?....i.e. If someone is globally banned and he thinks he can give you something usefull (i.e. one of the private hooks) in return for being unbanned then he comes to the R-Team?

I wish they were called the Anti-cheat Team :) (emm...A-Team)

SixtSense 15th January, 2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wormbo (Post 52595)
Anticheat and especially Clanbase want to ban cheaters

LoL About clanbase I saw many conflicts that where lost because clanbase protected there friends, I saw demo's with 100 % cheat or wallhack and still clanbase let these guys play because they are close to them IRL :thumbup:
1 of the reasons we dont play clanbase nomore :neutral: Half of the admins is laming or cheating them selfs :cry:

Azura 15th January, 2007 04:12 PM

Yeah, some clanbase admins tend to be biased.

The_IMMortal 16th January, 2007 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azura (Post 108610)
Yeah, some clanbase admins tend to be biased.

and after what Fusen did, one of them caught if i remember right. but not UT series player ;) , which is good.
what do u think, shall we hire Fusen and Ronner do to something for us? ;) :P