Nexgen Server Controller
Nexgen Server Controller v1.12
Nexgen is mod for dedicated Unreal Tournament servers to facilitate server administration tasks. Rather than having the execute console commands or edit configuration files, Nexgen allows server administrators to change settings and perform actions in game via an user friendly interface. Nexgen also provides several useful features that are commonly desired, such as spawn protection, message logging and a ban system. The complete feature set is quite extensive and can best be studied by looking at all the available options in the Nexgen control panel interface. Finally Nexgen has support for plugins so that extra features can be added.
=== NEXGEN v1.12 ===
- Fixed: Separate by tag function not working correctly.
- Fixed: Compatibility check at server startup causing some servers to crash.
- Fixed: Client controllers sometimes not receiving the client initialized signal.
- Fixed: Nexgen alert windows not showing up.
- Fixed: Nexgen control panel window from previous game not always properly closed.
- Fixed: Auto reconnect not working if server restarts too fast.
- Changed: The position of ipToCountry in the server actor list does no longer matter.
- Changed: Players are no longer banned by their nickname.
- Added: Queue and map data structures for the plugin framework.
- Added: Client support for simple web services over HTTP POST requests.
- Added: Button in match control tab to force the game to start.
- Added: Support for reliable data transfer and flow control in client controllers.
- Added: Data synchronization manager for plugins.
- Added: Protection against brute force admin login attacks.
- Added: Option to enable game start control only for match administrators (if they are present).
=== NEXGEN v1.11 ===
- Fixed: Color codes not stripped from Nexgen messages if HUD extensions are disabled.
- Fixed: Friendly fire scale setting not working even if team kill damage protect is disabled.
- Fixed: Failed to load texture CountryFlags2.xx warnings in client side log.
- Fixed: Exploit that could crash the server.
- Changed: Team kill damage protector will no longer protect enemy damage.
=== NEXGEN v1.10 ===
- Fixed: Several accessed none warnings in NexgenClient.
- Fixed: Login timeout with diagnostics code 0x000000FF.
- Fixed: Exploit that could crash the server.
- Changed: New method for enabling the Nexgen HUD (should support more mods).
- Added: Automatic adjustment of netspeed setting when a login timeout occurs.
- Added: Moderator event signals for plugins.
=== NEXGEN v1.09 ===
- Fixed: Nexgen treating MessagingSpectators as clients.
- Fixed: Muted players could still send voice messages.
- Fixed: Mapvote not appearing when the game is ended manually with Nexgen.
- Fixed: Wrong Nexgen message HUD color in non team games.
- Fixed: Accessed null class context in NexgenController.mutatorBroadcastLocalizedMessage( ).
- Fixed: New players unable to use Nexgen if the match password is changed.
- Fixed: Plugins not being notified when the server switches to another map.
- Fixed: Security issue with passwords.
- Fixed: Nexgen HUD not working with UTPure (Nexgen HUD will be forced).
- Fixed: Players starting with a flag on their back with UTPure and tournament mode.
- Fixed: Accessed none warnings in NexgenClient.timer().
- Changed: Better support for plugins to modify the client login procedure.
- Changed: Message flash effect is now disabled by default.
- Added: Option to announce private messages to messaging spectators.
- Added: A player recieves a message if a login timeout occurs instead of just connection failed.
- Added: Option to use variable player slots (admin and vip slots will be disabled).
- Added: HUD extension support for plugins.
=== NEXGEN v1.08 ===
- Fixed: Typing prompt being cleared once the Nexgen client initializes.
- Fixed: Player lists in the control panel being empty because of some rare bug in the Unreal Engine.
- Fixed: Root admin login would give the player all privileges while some shouldn't be given.
- Fixed: Login security issue when a player has a modified/hacked Nexgen package.
- Fixed: Value of 'Allow spectators to enter the game without a password' getting inverted.
- Changed: No more false crash warning messages shown once the server was rebooted using Nexgen.
- Changed: Increased account and ban list sizes.
- Changed: User account lists are now sorted by account title in the accounts tab.
- Added: Feature to view a players IP address and client ID in the moderator tab.
- Added: Option to automatically register the server in the Nexgen server database.
- Added: Better client controller synchronization support for the initialization process.
=== NEXGEN v1.07 ===
- Fixed: Game never starts when game wait time is set to 0.
- Fixed: Global and admin server password not being read from the servers config file.
- Fixed: Removing an account type did not update the user account list.
- Fixed: Changing a players name via the Nexgen control panel didn't update the player lists.
- Fixed: Ban system not working anymore since version 1.06.
- Changed: Maximum length of mutator list size increased (fixes the missing mutators issue).
- Changed: Control panel height has been slightly increased.
- Changed: Language variables have been changed to constants in order to reduce memory usage.
- Changed: Improved performance of the configuration replication control subsystem.
- Added: Option to prevent players from losing a frag when they switch to another team.
- Added: Option to disable the Nexgen controlled game start.
- Added: Support for tournament mode when Nexgen controlled game start is enabled.
- Added: Special privilege to be able to ban players from the server that have an account.
- Added: Option to enable / disable tournament mode.
- Added: Map checking before loading a map during the boot phase.
- Added: A warning message is shown once the server restarts after a crash.
- Added: New privilege to hide a players admin status.
- Added: Better support and control over the logging of administrator actions.
- Added: Option to make Nexgen create log files.
=== NEXGEN v1.06 ===
- Fixed: Accessed none warning in NexgenClient.setEncryptionParams().
- Fixed: Unrelevant client controllers getting activated when viewing another player.
- Fixed: Improper handling of players that disconnect before the Nexgen login procedure is complete.
- Fixed: False 'enemy has the flag' messages shown in CTF games.
- Fixed: Zone names shown when spectators use teamsay.
- Fixed: Several plugin hooks not working correctly.
- Fixed: Clients that have a different character set then the server can't initialize.
- Fixed: Banning or kicking a player not working correctly if the player has an expired ban entry.
- Changed: Admins or vips will no longer use free player slots.
- Added: Support for the Nexgen message HUD for custom game types.
- Added: Plugins can now also add client settings instead of only server settings.
=== NEXGEN v1.05 ===
- Fixed: Custom game type description string not read from .int files.
- Fixed: Zone names not appearing in the Nexgen HUD when using voice or teamsay commands.
- Fixed: Some special messages aren't displayed in the center of the screen with the Nexgen HUD.
- Fixed: Changing a players name doesn't save the name clientside in user.ini.
- Fixed: Spectators not able to join a server when all player slots are used.
- Changed: Plugin & GUI framework extended.
- Added: Compatibility mode for UTPure.
=== NEXGEN v1.04 ===
- Fixed: Game pauses during a match when a spectator leaves the game.
- Fixed: Game not responding to certain events when the game is paused.
- Fixed: Nexgen doesn't initialize clients joining a paused game.
- Changed: Everyone can start the game even if an administrator is present, except in match mode.
- Changed: Default player join and leave messages are suppressed.
- Changed: Nexgen messages are displayed in a different color.
- Added: Keybind for administrators to pause/unpause the game.
- Added: Separate idle time counter for the time spend with an open control panel.
- Added: A warning sound is played if the idle time remaining is below 15 seconds.
- Added: A welcome message for player that are new to Nexgen.
- Added: Retry button on the 'client ID already in use' dialog.
=== NEXGEN v1.03 ===
- Fixed: Server crashes with: 'AActor::TestCanSeeMe'.
- Fixed: Team balancer sometimes switches a player that has the flag.
- Fixed: Duplicate client id's not detected.
=== NEXGEN v1.02 ===
- Fixed: Teambalancer not working in some cases.
- Fixed: Admins sometimes not being able to switch players to another team.
- Fixed: Boot control panel not updated if settings are changed by another admin.
- Changed: Increased player data storage capacity.
- Changed: Account managers can no longer grant or revoke rights not owned by themself.
- Changed: Account managers can no longer edit accounts of server administrators.
- Added: Additional plugin hooks.
- Added: Weapons can be excluded from cancelling spawn protection.
- Added: Server reboot delay.
- Added: !TEAMS and !GOLD commands.
- Added: Control panel includes option to add and remove HUD class replacements.
- Added: Additional right for allowing administrators to use the match setup control panel.
- Added: A warning is displayed if a Nexgen.ini file is present at the client.
=== NEXGEN v1.01 ===
- Fixed: Restarting a game changed the names of players.
- Fixed: Player names sometimes not being colorized.
- Fixed: Client crashes with "Assertion failed: Font".
- Fixed: Mutator not showing up in the active mutator list.
- Fixed: Changing a players name on v451 servers.
- Fixed: Unable to enter a value in the separate by tags input fields.
- Fixed: Spectators with a colon in their name can't execute message commands.
- Fixed: Messages send by spectators written twice to the log.
- Fixed: Chat messages send by spectators were not displayed in the chatbox.
- Fixed: Various timings not being independent of the game speed.
- Fixed: Joining spectators getting spawn protected.
- Changed: The Nexgen window will now close once open mapvote is pressed.
- Changed: No screenshot will be taken if a player has spend less then 30 seconds on the server.
- Changed: Received private messages now include the admin title of the sender.
- Added: A two second delay before a screenshot is taken automatically.
- Added: Time remaining is displayed for games with a time limit in the Nexgen HUD.
- Added: Encrypted password storage and transfer for enhanced server security.
- Added: Mutator hooks to the plugin system.
- Added: Option to reboot the server in the boot control tab.
- Misc: First public release version of NEXGEN.
=== NEXGEN v1.00 ===
- Misc: First public test version of NEXGEN.
Nexgen112.zip (815 KB)
Nexgen111.zip (743 KB)
Nexgen110.zip (744 KB)
Nexgen109.zip (750 KB)
Nexgen108.zip (736 KB)
Nexgen107.zip (721 KB)
Nexgen106.zip (668 KB)
Nexgen105.zip (656 KB)
Nexgen104.zip (626 KB)
NexgenACE111_08g.zip (9.46 KB) (for Nexgen 1.11 and ACE 0.8g only)
NexgenACE112_08.zip (11.2 KB) (for Nexgen 1.12 and ACE 0.8 only)
NexgenGLS100.zip (55.3 KB) (for Nexgen 1.08 only)
NexgenGLS103.zip (58.2 KB) (for Nexgen 1.09 only)
NexgenGLS104.zip (58.2 KB) (for Nexgen 1.10 only)
NexgenGLS105.zip (58.3 KB) (for Nexgen 1.11 only)
NexgenGLS106.zip (57.8 KB) (for Nexgen 1.12 only)
NexgenHelpPlugin102.zip (33.6 KB) (for Nexgen 1.11 only)
NexgenModConfig101.zip (86.1 KB) (for Nexgen 1.12 only)
NexgenPlus100.zip (273KB) (for Nexgen 1.12 only)
NexgenStatsViewer100.zip (46.6 KB) (for Nexgen 1.07 only)
NexgenStatsViewer101.zip (48.9 KB) (for Nexgen 1.08 only)
NexgenStatsViewer102.zip (50.0 KB) (for Nexgen 1.09 only)
NexgenStatsViewer103.zip (49.9 KB) (for Nexgen 1.10 only)
NexgenStatsViewer104.zip (49.9 KB) (for Nexgen 1.11 only)
NexgenStatsViewer105.zip (49.3 KB) (for Nexgen 1.12 only)
NexgenX104.zip (73.2 KB)
NexgenX105.zip (100 KB)
NexgenX106.zip (165 KB)
NexgenX107.zip (219 KB)
NexgenX108.zip (239 KB)
NexgenX109.zip (229 KB)
NexgenX110.zip (264 KB)
NexgenX111.zip (264 KB)
Universal Unreal v1.09 Build 5 (2.71 MB) (for Nexgen 1.09 only)
Universal Unreal v1.10 Build 2 (2.74 MB) (for Nexgen 1.10 only)
Universal Unreal v1.11 Build 1 (2.83 MB) (for Nexgen 1.11 only)
yes but open source means open server :(
it work together with utpure ????????
does it work with all the latest cheat protects
is the code similiar to asc58 and has any checked to see if there is an exploit like in asc758
I did a few tests on a server with UTPure and EUT.
Noticed a couple of things:
- I am not able to pick up flags. This was after forcing a match start with Nexgen. I have not tried it with other people on the server.
- It does not recognize the EUT gametypes. In stead you have two entries for each standard type (DM/TDM/CTF). Both entries are treated the same, ie. BotPack.CTFGame for both CTF entries.
I'll mess around with it some more if I find the time.
Sorry for the late reply (been a bit busy lately).
I'm not really sure what caused the exploit in ASC758, however I don't think Nexgen is vulnerable to the same exploit as the code isn't based on any of the previous server controllers and it doesn't use mutate commands (except for the additional keybinds).
Currently Nexgen hasn't been tested with the latest cheat protection mods, so I guess you'll just have to try and see if it works ok. I don't expect there to be any issues but if they do arise let me know and I'll try to deal with them in the next version.
Support for EUT and UTPure has been added to the next version. However you won't be able to use the warmup feature of UTPure and the new Nexgen message HUD won't be available for UTPure either.
I've added the latest version of the controller to the first post. Not much has changed since the previous version, a few bug fixes and a compatibility mode for UTPure (automatically enabled if UTPure is detected on the server). Because of the restrictive nature of UTPure you won't be able to use the Nexgen message HUD. Also the warmup feature of UTPure will not work with Nexgen (instead the game will act like it isn't enabled, so you don't have to turn it off in the UTPure settings).
The extension plugin has also been updated. It now has a full server redirect option and a configuration section in the Nexgen control panel (see below).
So far so good.
Found a bug.. when you grab the enemy flag. It automatically says the other team has your flag when they dont.
also random kicks while in spec mode.
Reboot with same map doesn't work for me. It reboots with a random map.
Thanks for sharing this!:thumbup:
Is it also possible to add frag recovery for your next release?
makes sense if you have multiple game types. say server crashes on ictf and your bootMapPrefix=JB for instance.
To enable reboot the server with the last played map make sure both 'Enable Nexgen boot control' and 'Restart game on last map' are checked (don't forget to hit save). If the 'Restart game on last map' feature is enabled the other settings, such as map prefix, are ignored. Nexgen simply restarts the server with the same 'launch url' as the last game.
Nexgen does not kick/disconnect players without a message. The only way this can happen is when there was a timeout when nexgen is trying to login a new player/spectator. This however can only happen in the first 30 seconds after you just joined the server (the timeout is 30 sec).
Frag recovery is already implemented in the NexgenX plugin. If you are using this plugin and it isn't working let me know. Note however it will only save the player's score and doesn't store custom stats like those of SmartCTF. The reason for this is that support for these kind of stats can't be added without making the plugin dependent on these mods. And of course you don't wish to install SmartCTF on your server if you only host DM games. If you wish to save these stats as well you'll have to make a plugin for it. I've already made a special Nexgen plugin that is specifically designed for my server that has support for SmartCTF stats recovery. I'll be happy to share the code if you're interested.
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:27 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.