View Single Post
Unread 23rd August, 2003, 09:38 PM
zenbog

Quote:
Originally posted by KillerJB
Ocassionaly I am seeing clients in my logs that apparently have been or are trying to connect to the server , but for whatever reason are not getting connected. Other players and myself connect just fine.

The problem is these clients continue to generate the open mylevel message at least twice a second for long periods of time, each time with a different port. Todays episode was just with one client but I have seen this same thing before with multiple clients.

I normally will shut the server down as these client requests are taking all the bandwith.  

I am running  436 with an older utpure.

Has anybody experienced this on thier server

NetComeGo: Open MyLevel 08/23/03 13:51:10 130.xxx.72.156:45509
NetComeGo: Open MyLevel 08/23/03 13:51:11 130.xxx.72.156:31464
[snipped]

You are not alone in the "attacks", I have been in touch with at least 2 other admins and they are getting the same in there logs.
I have also pulled our Fragism sever log (5 of them) and the same is happening there also, so it seems that this is not just a windows server related issue, Fragism servers are Linux based.

So far I have not heard a word back from the Tampere University of Technology in Tempere, Finland. I have email them on this matter.
For those that have not traced the IP (130.230.72.156) that is who it is registered to.