View Single Post
Unread 29th July, 2014, 12:43 PM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by masturbaker View Post
333networks is not the defacto standard for this problem. Reason? Because the master server is not dead. Epic has been running their own master server, utmaster.epicgames.com & unreal.epicgames.com since April/May. And luckily these are master servers the game was designed to use, so they are already in most peoples .ini's w/o need to update/change.

The dealio is that when gamespy shut down, Tactical Ops : Assault on Terror did not fallback to the epic provided master EXCEPT for servers, which are properly listed in the master server list.

And the client has a problem when you do manage to get it on the epic provider master, in that it displays all UT games instead of just tactical ops games.

If anyone wants to see what I mean they can download the game image and test it themselves. I'm hosting it @ http://ut.strags.com/

The only way I actually found to get Tactical Ops to use an alternative server was to edit the host file, so that master0.gamespy.com resolved to the same IP as unreal/utmaster.epicgames.com.

For some reason it would not accept my ini entries and seems hard coded for master0.gamespy.com ..

Did anyone else notice this or find a working work around?

Next up is getting the server list to only display Tactical Ops: AOT games.
The workaroud is:

In the TacticalOps.ini

1. add the new server actor in the line: [Engine.GameEngine]
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=gsm.qtracker.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900

2. in the line: [UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow]
Add:
ServerListNames[2]=TOServers

3. Add the folowing lines after [UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow] or in the end of th .ini:
[TOServers]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserA ll,GameType=TO350,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

4. In the file Ubrowser.int open it with Notepad++ ot Notepad and isert after the last line:
TOServers= TO Servers