View Single Post
Unread 10th May, 2018, 11:43 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default Removing the redeemer

Hi guys,

I've recently bought a UT99 server with www.gameservers.com - bit of a ballache not having access via SSH so I can use terminal and the ASH command line - everything has to be done via a bog standard text input within the admin pages of gameserver's platform to edit the UCC bootup script and UnrealTournament.ini, files done via FTP - the whole process is fiddly.

I've managed to get most mods I wanted installed via the UModBrowser app to unpack the mods, FTP the files up and adjust the UT INI file accordingly - but there's one main objective I can't crack, and that's to remove the redeemer.

I've installed NewNet v0.9, here's my ServerPackages / ServerActors config:

ServerPackages=NewNetUnrealv0_9
ServerPackages=NewNetWeaponsv0_9
ServerPackages=MapVoteLA13
ServerPackages=SmartDM105
ServerPackages=SmartDMScoreBoard105
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=SecureValidate.SVUdpServerQuery
ServerActors=SecureValidate.SVUdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=SecureValidate.SVUdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=SecureValidate.SVUdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerActors=2k4Combos.CombosSA
ServerActors=SmartDM105.SmartDMServerActor

I wanted my server to be an 'All Weapons' server, and I think NewNetWeaponsv0_9 by default is achieving that (I'd installed the AllWeapons2 mod but I've not activated it via the UCC boot command or in any of the mapvote config so I assume it's NewNetWeapons) - but it's starting players with 2x redeemer alongside all other weapons. People are joining and just instantly launching redeemers and it's a nightmare.

Does anybody know of any mods which would allow me to disable the redeemer? I don't know if there's any NewNetWeaponsv0_9 INI settings which can achieve this (i.e. specifying weapon config), but I've Google'd high and low and I've had no joy finding anything on the subject.

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by shux : 10th May, 2018 at 11:46 PM.