View Single Post
Unread 16th January, 2005, 12:48 PM
Holy Shit!!

who says they have to buy the game from the same shop. perhaps take it back and buy it somewhere else. either way it will happen. its ironic how they are not allowed the right to play on servers when they bot, but they never had any right to play on any servers in the first place... i think that really needs thinking about. you purchasing a multiplayer capable game for the internet means you have a right to play that game online.

i think global banning is simply quite an arrogant, if not quite a lazy approach to administrating your servers. i once again ask:

why ban when there are anti cheats that work?
why have anticheats if your going to ban anyway?
and why accept global bans when you can ban people from your server in your own right?

if you want to ban guids, thats fine, per server. but global guid banning is ignorant. granted a player knows he is not supposed to cheat and will cheat on other servers if banned from one. however this wont go on forever, it shocks a person to be banned and they are less likely to cheat. either way even if that player is a persistent cheater, what does it matter if each server admin can just ban him/her in his or her own right

also i see no point in such cheat protection, whatsoever, if people are to ban anyone who cheats anyway... the way this is going it seems more logical to have all UTAN servers free of cheat protection, free of downloading all the compressed files and just global ban anyone who tries to cheat...

its like banning a child from every store in the world that sells sweets, just because he or she wanted to steal a few sweets in one shop.... but not only that, its like banning every relative of that person. (anyone who has the same genes - or GUIDs...)