View Single Post
Unread 7th October, 2004, 03:20 PM
Holy Shit!!

oops thats a long one. i think i brought up a few points worth saying though. its like if we have global banning on UT99 i would not be a part of it. so far i will not trust the judgement of other admins. there are too many flaws and we might aswell let the public use a ban function rather than a kick function. it can however be stopped with improvements to the anti cheat system and thats where the help is needed and what i want to be a part of. fix that and with the help of things like anti flood and easy mute we can finally have friendly servers with control and fun at the same time. sounds good to me

simply put its a game i love and i want to be able to keep that and keep playing and allow others to play with no problems.

i think the best idea is to have an updated UT patch. in the auto unzip ie 436b 440b and 451b or something named like that. all problems should be improved upon. that way the download of anticheat dlls is not necessasary as all who need to update will also have all anticheats installed. we can then run a simple check like a validator to check for the new files and any tampering... i have lots of ideas like that and would like to see some of them put through. i really want to help and be a part of this. if such a community is made theres no limits to the progression we can make together, i think i can help and i want to put a stop to cheats.

its not odd, its something i enjoy and want to be a part of to improve. whats odd is the anti cheat systems running at the moment and the way things are run... which is where i think i come in - i would like to have improvements to put on my server in the local business centre for WAN/LAN games and internet UT99 games.

oh and az if you want to query my server now its been up for a while now... im off to newent for my appointment. tnx again for the suggestion Fearless, il ask about them today

Last edited by LittleHorn : 7th October, 2004 at 03:57 PM.