View Single Post
Unread 1st August, 2015, 02:45 PM
Godlike

There hasn't been a game yet that effectively dealt with cheating. That's a full decade plus of very intelligent people working on a seemingly simple problem that's become arguably impossible to solve. Everything is there to ensure the problem is solved too. Many games have withered on the vine because of cheaters (I'm looking at you DayZ, you broke my heart) and they directly affected the sales of the game. That's a huge financial incentive to finally fix it but sadly even heavy hitters like Steam and PB can't do it.

It may be that the architecture of server/client will never allow for total security. It certainly is beginning to look that way. Cheaters used to really bother me but I've just adopted a "meh" attitude now. If I play a game I do it on passworded servers and in groups that are established. If that's not available then I just don't play the game on public servers. It does kinda suck but there's not much of anything that can be done otherwise. I see no reason at all things are going to change course in the near/middle future so it's best to align yourself now with the way to play that has the most entertainment value and the least aggravation.