View Single Post
Unread 26th February, 2007, 01:09 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthraX View Post
the newer builds only have changes in the AnthCheckerS_v138.u file. The .so file is identical
Forgive my complete ignorance when it comes to Linux ^^
I assumed the .so file was a linux specific file. In the release notes it says:
Quote:
* The serverside of this version includes native code. It has been tested on all post-436 versions of UT but the linux version might still be unstable.
"Native code" led me to believe you needed something "more linux like" for getting your code run on the server, hence the .so file (since it's not been there in previous releases afaik)

Now why am I writing this? I uploaded the build 6 .u-file and in the initial check that shows up in your console it still says BUILD 1... I then deleted the .so file to check which file it was using on my server, and the server wouldn't start. I don't know if a Windows server is dependent on this .so file since I didn't test it on a local (windows) server. And I don't know if a Windows server also displays the "Build 1" in the console, or whether it correctly writes "Build 6" there when you install the build 6.

Does this mean, even though it displays Build 1, that I actually am running Build 6 successfully on my linux server?

Thnx for clearing this up for me
cheers