View Single Post
Unread 14th January, 2005, 06:20 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHorn
so... whats going to happen when you ban a load of people by GUID and they just decide to take their game back or sell it for a 2nd hand box and then someone else gets that game with a banned GUID?

i think ips are more reliable for banning people than GUIDs as it is the person who is banned not the copy of the game (am i getting this wrong)...

hmm its very controversial and i just dont understand why, when we have so much anti cheat work going on, do we need to ban people on such a huge scale? personally i think its a bad idea, can someone explain it to me, or is it really just a bad idea?

GUID banning is actually more effective then IP in some cases.
If my IP was banned, I could have a new one in less then ten minutes.

Taking a game back might work once, or maybe twice, if you cliaimed it was defective, but no retailer is going to let you keep returning an opened game for an exchange time and time again.

Selling it is possible, and by looking at eBay very likely, but that is why you should NEVER purchase a second hand game that requires a unique key to play online. It's a case of buyer beware.

Damn! b][rch.Co30 beat me to it.

Last edited by ShiningSquirrel : 14th January, 2005 at 06:23 PM. Reason: b][rch.Co30 beat me to it.