View Single Post
Unread 14th July, 2013, 10:21 AM
Holy Shit!!

Arrow

This post gets more and more interesting everytime.

Quote:
Oh and your point about "Pathetic Speeds" when a file is sent directly from a server is well taken. But it raises another annoyance a Torrent would fix... Did you ever notice that once a file comes from the UT server [...like when it's not on the redirect] the client never goes back to the redirect for successive files? It just continues at "Pathetic Speed" and gets them all from the UT server. I usually abandon the connection attempt, and re-connect to cure this, but it's an unnecessary PITA.
Yes that annoys me to no ends , which is why I say put the offending file at the end of the list.

Quote:
This could be fixed in the usual web.u code dealing with redirects, or by replacing / augmenting the mechanism to use this Torrent concept.
just having a squiz into this uweb.u file and have noticed these couple of lines here;

WebConnection.uc
Code:
	Line 116: 		Response.Redirect(WebServer.ServerURL$S$"/");
	Line 122: 		Response.Redirect(WebServer.ServerURL$Webserver.ApplicationPaths[Webserver.DefaultApplication]$"/");
	Line 154: 		Response.Redirect(WebServer.ServerURL$S$"/");
WebResponse.uc
Code:
	Line 88: function Redirect(string URL)
I will see what I can do.

appended: if you or someone else would like to have a look at the full source for UWeb then here it is.
@admins if their are any legal or otherwise issues with this package , then Iam sorry & do as you will.

in fact have a look at this excellent tutorial here to learn a little coding by a very good Teacher.

at the very least you could learn something new and... at the worst you could get more hooked on this cocain that won't relinquish it's grip on the worst of us... that is to mean.. UT btw.

also re: Cache Files etc.. sorry nub here.. but what are these one's in the Parent UT folder for?.. Cache0001.tmp-Cache0999.tmp

Cheers

Last edited by back4more : 14th July, 2013 at 10:42 AM. Reason: added sources.