View Single Post
Unread 25th March, 2006, 05:10 AM
Forum Newcomer

Possible fix for "Potentially faked KeyEvent detected" kicks:

As strange as it sounds I am attributing the fix to Window's Automatic Update. I have mine set to only download and install after checking with me, so when a new update comes out I end up with the yellow shield in my system tray reminding me to update.

Now, I went through the usual steps of wiping my cache directory, doing a console 'flush' and downloading all the mods again and I still was kicked. I did the search above looking for a file that may be causing this but I didn't find any.

Finally, I recalled that my machine starts to flake out when Automatic Update is sitting in my tray so I let download and install. Next, I tried playing again and voila, no more kicks.

The only other clue that this may have been the fix is looking at the logs and seeing that this began on 3-22, a Wednesday. Now Microsoft pushes out their updates on Tuesday but I didn't play that day. So, the Automatic Updater shows up and starts getting me kicked.

Anyway, that's what seemed to have worked for me. I'll post if back if I'm still getting kicked but for now I'm optimistic. If anyone else is having this problem and the above doesn't fix it post that here too.

xorb