View Single Post
Unread 26th December, 2001, 05:12 AM
Kosh Vorlon

Hey, I know this is not a main priority project for you, but I just wanted to follow up with you on what I found.

First, I like this a lot. I see great potential. I also run a Counter-Strike server with admimmod and this works much like that, but for UT. I have a couple of things to run by you.....

(1) Documentation update:
Current - "mutate users mod [username] password [newpassword]
Update - "mutate users mod [username] pass [newpassword]

(2) I had set up three MasterAdmin accounts and then changed my mind on one. It would not let me deleted it and gave me a message about not being permitted to deleted the last MasterAdmin account.

(3) I set up two additional groups "MiddleAdmin BGKMOS 9 9" and "LowerAdmin KOS 9 9". I get the BGKMOS part, but don't get the 9 9 part. I know you said you use 0-9 and 255, but what exactely do these number represent.

(4) I set up around 10 MiddleAdmins, 5 LowerAdmins, and two MasterAdmins. I didn't tell the clan yet as I was messing with the commands to try and figure out access levels. All the ones I tried seemed to work great. A clan member jumped it and I decided to let it go for a bit and have some fun. We had played a couple of maps and the game crashed. On auto restart I decided to log into SemiAdmin and change the map and found that all the accounts and groups were gone. I set them up again a night or two later and the next day when I had time I logged in and they were gone again. I decided to just set up a MasterAdmin account for myself. The next day the account was gone. Was wondering (a) where are you storing this information? (an int file would be nice as I could set up much easier and also for recovery).

Anyway, I would be more than willing to test anything that you have. This or anitcheat and provide additional feedback. I'm running two UT servers currently. One 8 plr DM that is only getting around 500 connections a day and a 20 plr CTF that is getting around 3000-3500. So, I can provide a good tryout or stress test.

---edit---
I figured out the reboot thing. It was something else I was messing with that caused that problem.
--/edit---