View Single Post
Unread 11th July, 2008, 04:02 AM
Forum Newcomer

The wiki should provide enough information to get a server started, if you have had any previous ut game admin experience. Not much has changed for the execution of a server, just the location of the files

I start my server with -configsubdir=<directory name> on the commandline. This means that all the server config files now reside in

<ut3ded directory>/UTGame/Config/<directory name>/

whilst the packages now reside in (which is available serverwide)

<ut3ded directory>/UTGame/CookedPC/

For packages that used to reside in System/ under the old games they now live in the root of <ut3ded directory>/UTGame/CookedPC/ and the sub directories under CookedPC are familiar enough from previous games that you should have little problems determining where to put new packages.

My test server is a linux server which i only set up the other night running BiaVote, here is the basic startup script i'm using. Should be able to tweak it to fit win32 if required.

Quote:
#!/bin/bash

### UT3 Dedicated Server Startup Script

HOME='/home/ut3server'
UT3DIR="${HOME}/ut3-dedicated"
CONFIGDIR='ut3server'

MAP='DM-Heatray'
NUMPLAY='8'
MAXPLAYERS='8'
TIMELIMIT='20'
GOALSCORE='40'
BOTSKILL='3'

MUTATORS="BiaVote.BiaVoteMutator"
LOGFILE="${UT3DIR}/Logs/ut3server.log"
PORT='57777'
COMMAND='./ut3 server'

cd ${UT3DIR}/Binaries/
nohup ${COMMAND} ${MAP}?Mutator=${MUTATORS}?numplay=${NUMPLAY}?maxp layers=${MAXPLAYERS}?timelimit=${TIMELIMIT}?goalsc ore=${GOALSCORE}?botskill=${BOTSKILL} -port=${PORT} -configsubdir=${CONFIGDIR} -nohomedir -unattended > ${LOGFILE} &
could do with refining and additional functionality, oneday

Hope this helps. Although i may be entirely on the wrong path here. My server would no show up in the client browser without -nohomedir, which was the same behaviour i experience with one of our ut99 servers initially.

I'm supposed to be installing a win32 dedi once a box arrives at my place so will able to relay any problems/fixes i come across. Hopefully none.

Last edited by ruki : 11th July, 2008 at 04:11 AM.