You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - Linux Specific

Unread 20th June, 2011, 03:24 AM
Forum Newcomer

Default Segmentation Fault when copying files to another machine.

I backed up my Ut2004 Linux Server a few weeks ago to replace a hard drive. I made a copy of my Unreal Server and after I had copied the files to the NEW hard drive. I tried starting the server and I got a Segmentation Fault!

So I started a vanilla server and noticed after I had started the server it did a bunch of revision stuff? I am assuming the initial startup edited a file in the System folder. My question is what file does the server edit on the first Startup?

After the initial startup I copied the files I needed manually which is a pain but I was trying to make sure I did not overwrite the file that was causing the seg fault before. Thanks for your help!
Unread 20th June, 2011, 01:41 PM
Holy Shit!!

set permissions to 775 ? or 777 then try?
BUNNYTRACK NY
Unread 20th June, 2011, 05:10 PM
Forum Newcomer

Permissions were the first thing I checked. If it were permissions then usually you get "Permission Denied" this is a segmentation fault.
Unread 20th June, 2011, 06:19 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default Solved

I looked into this some more this morning. When you first start the linux server it will revise the Packages.md5 file. It will also create a User.ini and UT2004.ini along with editing the CacheRecords.ucl

Somehow this binds this to the current server so transferring those files elsewhere will not work. I reapplied the Linux server Patch (System folder only) just out of curiosity and the Segmentation Fault was gone and the server booted fine.

So to anyone having a Segmentation Fault you may wanna try reapplying the patch and see if that resolves the problem.

Hope I did not confuse anyone