You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - General Chat

Unread 21st August, 2007, 11:03 AM
Unstoppable

Yes this is why you need a id. The mod aka try to solve this: http://www.ut-files.com/Admin/AKA/
Unread 21st August, 2007, 04:11 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogginBasher View Post
MasterJohnny, I realised that you probably only want to auto-balance teams when players leave the game, making it 5v3 for example, which seems like a sensible feature to add. I was concerned about another issue: AutoTeamBalance can swap 2 players when it's 5v5, but one team has stronger players than the other. However, I think that swapping 2 players is quite disruptive, and that should only really be done if a player has requested it. I guess I could make both of these force-balance features optional anyway...
For example, yes. So e.g. teamballance runs every 30 sec or what. Another suggestion would be an option that ASC has too:
bBlockBadSwitches - Attempt to detect and prevent teamswitches that will make teams uneven during team games,
so I would only use 1 mod for teamballancing, and I don't have to worry about their compatibility together.

Swapping 2 players in such cases would really cause whine, I think.

Introducing another player ID-system would be unnecessary for such a mod, imo, this seems to do a good job on my servers, not causing any extra-lag (I have bWarnMidGameUnbalance=False and bUseOnlyInGameScoresForRebalance=False).

And one more notice: I don't get any message despite of this:
HelloBroadcast="AutoTeamBalance (beta) is attempting to balance the teams"
Unread 25th August, 2007, 03:38 PM
Holy Shit!!

he noggin i was wondering if you could lift out the script for !red, !blue, !spec, !player to a small little mod?

Unread 7th September, 2007, 06:50 AM
Dominating

Made a new release to meet your feature requests.

For MasterJohnny, bForceEvenTeams defaults to True, but can be disabled. It acts when one team has 2 more players than the other team. I'm afraid it is fixed to check every 10 seconds. It will not block bad switches, so if a player unbalances the teams on purpose, it might switch a different player back! However, it will always try to switch the player (without flag) that will make the teams most even, so maybe the player who moved did a good thing. ^^

SoNY_scarface, you will need to set bSeparateStatsByGamemode to True. Each player will have the gametype and a signature of the current mutators appended to their name in the database. So if your server has 4 different modes, each player will end up with 4 separate records in the database. You may want to leave the current strengths in the database until they migrate over to records with signatures (by IP matching), then eventually delete those records without signatures.

Also scarface, here are the teamswitching commands in a little mutator: http://neuralyte.org/~joey/ut/TeamSwitcher.zip (I didn't test it, but it compiled so how could it go wrong?!)

Ah Johnny, the HelloBroadcast in the config was deprecated. However, if you set bBroadcastStuff=True, you will see "Red team strength is X. Blue team strength is Y." at the start of each game, and also "AutoTeamBalance is updating player stats." at the end of the game.

Oh and while I'm releasing, here's a little mutator which will display the number of caps, and the remaining game time, at the end of the server title, so that they can be seen from outside the server: http://neuralyte.org/~joey/ut/PubliciseScore.zip

Last edited by nogginBasher : 8th September, 2007 at 02:07 AM.
Unread 7th September, 2007, 07:43 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Oh and while I'm releasing, here's a little mutator which will display the number of caps, and the remaining game time, at the end of the server title, so that they can be seen from outside the server
Does it actually change the server name? If so it will create lots of new servers in utstats.
Unread 7th September, 2007, 11:02 PM
Dominating

I haven't tested it with utstats, but I think we might get away with it.

PubliciseScore changes the server title that is displayed (every 29 seconds), but only temporarily. When there are no players on the server, the name stays as normal.

It changes Level.Game.GameReplicationInfo.ServerName, but the changed title does not get written to UnrealTournament.ini. I found I didn't need to reset my changes, because they did not persist when the map changed. So if utstats reads the title from somewhere other than the replication-info, there might be no problem.

Please let me know If this does cause a problem with utstats, and if there some way i can work around it. (I could set the server name to default at the end of the game; at the moment it appends "[scores] Game ended".)

Last edited by nogginBasher : 20th September, 2007 at 03:14 AM.
Unread 9th September, 2007, 03:22 PM
Godlike

Looks very nice! Im currently running my own implementation of adwvaad's teambalancer (basically if there are an uneven amount of players it adds or substracts one bot to even the teams).

I'll take a look how this could be combined or even replace my existing solution!
Unread 9th September, 2007, 08:58 PM
Holy Shit!!

nice...thank you, thank you so much can !vote, !spec and !play be added to it?

also do i add this line? bSeparateStatsByGamemode or is it supposed to be there? i dont see it anywhere in the ini file...

Last edited by SoNY_scarface : 10th September, 2007 at 12:29 PM.
Unread 11th September, 2007, 11:25 AM
Dominating

I'm running AutoTeamBalance alongside adwvaad on my server, without any problems. Except occasionally the bot is quite relevant to the game, so maybe I should set bBalanceBots.

scarface, !spec and !play should be working, are they not? I'll let you know if i add !vote.

bSeparateStatsByGamemode (and the other new option bForceEvenTeams) should appear at the very *bottom* of your ini file the next time it is saved (when 4 players end a game, or if you type "mutate saveconfig" as admin). But you can also add it in advance.

Last edited by nogginBasher : 20th September, 2007 at 03:56 AM.
Unread 11th September, 2007, 12:50 PM
Holy Shit!!

!spec works !play or !player doesnt seem to...

Unread 11th September, 2007, 01:16 PM
Holy Shit!!

the mod needs to be renamed accoring to release (v1, rev1) or somethin if it stays named as u have left it from the original file name it gives version mismatch

Unread 11th September, 2007, 03:58 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNY_scarface View Post
the mod needs to be renamed accoring to release (v1, rev1) or somethin if it stays named as u have left it from the original file name it gives version mismatch
As long as it is a serveractor, it doesn't matter.
Unread 11th September, 2007, 04:40 PM
Holy Shit!!

it does....its giving version mismatches on my server...

Unread 11th September, 2007, 04:58 PM
Holy Shit!!

Dont add it to server packages.
Unread 11th September, 2007, 06:56 PM
Unstoppable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaMan View Post
Dont add it to server packages.
It is serverside .
Unread 12th September, 2007, 04:09 AM
Holy Shit!!

sorry just noticed....i had it in serverpackages and as an actor..

Unread 12th September, 2007, 01:10 PM
Killing Spree

Hi there,

Will this work with 4 teams? eg. Blue/Red/Green/Yellow in a game of CTF or TDM .
Unread 16th September, 2007, 01:02 PM
Rampage

could you maybe add an additional option to bLetPlayersRebalance=True ?

so that a certain amount of players have to write !teams to rebelance

so a single player cant mess around with teams
has to be no vote or sth just a minimum number

Last edited by destination6 : 16th September, 2007 at 01:07 PM.
Unread 17th September, 2007, 03:49 AM
Dominating

scarface: Added !vote, and fixed !spec (untested) in: http://neuralyte.org/~joey/ut/TeamSwitcher-0.2.zip

Demolution, there are currently !yellow !gold and !green commands, but no support for balancing 4-team games. Without some extra coding, it will most likely fail to populate the green and gold teams, and may exhibit other problems. By the way, when and where do you play 4-team games?

destination6, it will only act on "!teams" if it can make the teams fairer; once teams are as even as possible, it will refuse to make any more changes, until a player joins or leaves the game, or until some captures cause the team-strength difference to exceed StrengthThreshold.

If players are abusing "!teams", you could try increasing MinSecondsBeforeRebalance, or lowering FlagStrength to 0.

Alternatively, disable bLetPlayersRebalance, set a SemiAdminPass, and tell trusted players to type "mutate teams <pass>" in the console when teams are uneven.

I will consider adding extra functionality, such as MinimumStrengthDifferenceBeforeRebalancing, or MinimumRequestsBeforeRebalancing.

Note: if you are playing DOM games, it's possible that FlagStrength will be multiplied by DOM score, which is usually much larger than captures. For servers hosting DOM games, set FlagStrength in the range 0-2.

Last edited by nogginBasher : 17th September, 2007 at 04:16 AM.
Unread 17th September, 2007, 07:58 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
destination6, it will only act on "!teams" if it can make the teams fairer; once teams are as even as possible, it will refuse to make any more changes
It would be nice if it could do an exception to the rule when there are only 2 players on the server. I have seen several times that it refuses to move one of the two players to the other team because the teams are already balanced