You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > General > Tips & Tutorials Followups

Unread 15th September, 2002, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Follow up thread for this tutorial
Unread 21st September, 2002, 04:58 PM
Forum Newcomer

This tutorial page assume a lot of prior knowledge of UT.

What I need explained is the .ini files. Should I just copy my UT2003.ini to a different name (one for each server) and make my edits there? What kind of edits do i need to make to the .ini file (and are they the same edits I would want to make for the original UT?)

Thanks,
Hornswoggler
Unread 21st September, 2002, 06:40 PM
Dominating

Yes, rename your UT2003.ini for each server. All of the changes are pretty much the same except for how far apart your ports should be. You need to allow a cushion of 20 with UT2003. server1=7777, server2=7797 &amp; etc.
Unread 23rd September, 2002, 07:31 PM
Forum Newcomer

Is there a way to start a server in conse mode directly from the command line?

Thanks
Unread 17th October, 2002, 01:18 AM
Forum Newcomer

Is there a way to have SET commands loaded by the INI file or some other CFG file without having to type them at the WebAdmin command line (when running dedicated)? If the server crashes, then restarts, all of the custom SET commands I have entered are nulled.

Note: You may want to mention that for multiple Mutators, you need to insert a comma between each mutator. It took some trial and error to figure that one out.
Unread 20th October, 2002, 08:33 PM
Forum Newcomer

Heyy there.
My english is werry bad but i try.
i have read the toturial about rstart the UT server with a runserver.bat file, but i cant get it work
my linux server is af RedHat 7.3

in my .bat file i have the folloving lines

&lt;----runserver.bat start-----&gt;
@echo off
:10
ucc server BR-Disclosure?Game=XGame.xBombingRun ini=UT2003.ini GameSpeed=1.00 WeaponStay=True Translocator=True FF=0.00 GoalScore=31 TimeLimit=0 MaxLives=0 GameStats=False BalanceTeams=True MinPlayers=0 MaxPlayers=20 MaxSpectators=2 AdminName=Bacce AdminPassword=mypassword difficulty=6 -server -log=Server.log -multihost=ip-number -port 7777
goto 10
&lt;-----runserver.bat end-----&gt;

my runserver.bat file is located in the same map as the "ucc" file is and i start the script with the command ./runserver.bat and i get the folloving errors

[root@fastweb ut2003_dedicated]# ./runserver.bat
./runserver.bat: @echo: command not found
: command not found0
./runserver.bat: ucc: command not found
./runserver.bat: goto: command not found

what have i done wrong
plzz help a little ??
Unread 20th October, 2002, 09:30 PM
Administrator

runserver.bat is for windows

Try here
http://www.unrealadmin.org/modules.p...iewtopic&t=325
for a good linux start script
Unread 21st March, 2003, 04:30 PM
Dominating

NOTE to Unrealadmins:

Seems like first time server admins trying to get WebAdmin working are often getting this type of situation (not capitalizing the A in Admin for the default Adminname), e.g. http://www.unrealadmin.org/modules.p...ewtopic&t=1317 and http://www.unrealadmin.org/modules.p...ic&p=7204#7204

I've checked the Tutorials and perhaps adding in this distinction into the STARTING A SERVER tutorial ( http://www.unrealadmin.org/modules.p...rticle&artid=8 ) under the WebAdmin section would help alot of first time admins. Btw, the Server Administration tutorial does point out this distinction but it does so under the Advanced Administration section.
Unread 21st March, 2003, 10:45 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHead
Is there a way to have SET commands loaded by the INI file or some other CFG file without having to type them at the WebAdmin command line (when running dedicated)? If the server crashes, then restarts, all of the custom SET commands I have entered are nulled.
I have found that the answer to this is profoundly NO. It ended up being far easier to create a mutator that did the same as the SET commands I was trying to use. I originally used SET commands to change the behavior of the RocketLauncher to shoot Redeemer missiles and set the RL ammo count. It was rather easy to just do this be creating a mutator to do the same.
Unread 20th May, 2003, 04:43 AM
Forum Newcomer

I have tried everything to run a server from a command line for windows 2K and I keep getting an error saying "commandnet Server not found"

the command line I'm using is
UCC.exe Server DM-Antalus?game=XGame.XDeathmatch?AdminName=adminname ?AdminPassword=password ini=TypeIniFileHere.ini log=TypeLogNameHere.log

I'm using the dedicated server 2225 if that helps
Unread 21st May, 2003, 04:28 PM
Forum Newcomer

I cannot join a dedicated server on winME.

when I create a server using UCC and then set its priority everything works fine. However, when I try to join the server from the same machine I CANNOT! If I click the mouse I don't join the game. I tried not using the priority program and I tried starting the server form UT2003 menu, but nothing works. What should I do
Unread 21st May, 2003, 06:57 PM
Dominating

The trouble with running Server AND Client on the same machine is the ports.

I am pretty sure running the client after the server the client is not 'smart enough' to re-arrange its ports. --&gt; conflict.

So in this case you would have to run the server as if it was a SECOND server and adjust the ports it uses.

There still might be a conflict with one port GameSpy uses.. I forget if you can adjust this. It might be that multiple servers can use it but toss in a client might be trouble.

Anyway, try runnin yer server as a second and see how it goes.

To connect use 'localhost:SecondServerport' or wiat for it to show up on in game browser. Like 'localhost:8877' if 8877 is the main port for second server.