You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > Dr. SiN's Mods > Visual UC++

Unread 27th February, 2002, 03:13 PM
DrSiN

I'm going to be spending some time updating VUC++ in a bit and I'm wonder if people have any requests. First on the list will be moving to SynEdit so it can be 100% open sourced. Second is adding much better link in support for VC++. Anything else people are really jonesing for?
Unread 27th February, 2002, 09:46 PM
DrSiN

Wow.. I now know why noone has implemented SynEDIT in to VUC++.. yech!

And no documentation.. that's sucky.
Unread 28th February, 2002, 07:41 AM
MadOnion

Object and Properties Browser would be nice (I am missing it ..), as well as a better Find & Replace function. Utd it doesn't ask for replacing, it just replaces the next matching searchstring ...
Unread 28th February, 2002, 02:20 PM
DrSiN

on the find and replace.. huh?
Unread 28th February, 2002, 02:23 PM
MadOnion

yep ...
Unread 1st March, 2002, 04:12 AM
DrSiN

no.. huh as in what are you talking about for the find and replace stuff?

I'm not going to port to SynEdit.. it's pretty shitty for the work that's required.
Unread 1st March, 2002, 11:15 AM
MadOnion

Uhm .. sorry never mind about the find and replace stuff .. I didn't see the little checkbox.

However the Object-/Propertiesbrowser would still be nice.
Unread 1st March, 2002, 04:57 PM
Mr.Mitchell

For suggestions:
  • Well I guess you already had a look at the forums to see the suggestions that were posted before. So I won't list my previous suggestions.
  • Selecting Package flags on the System tab will stop VUC++ from functioning. (Have to kill it through the taskmanager).
  • When exporting a package the Meshes option has three states(on, off, grey) and doesn't seem to function.
  • I am currently working on 2 different mods and it would be nice if the list with open windows would be saved per project. When I am working on Airfight I have a bunch of Airfight related files open. When I open the Badlands project it would be nice if the open files were saved with the Airfight project so when I open the Airfight project again those files will be opened again. Because now when switching projects I usually close all edit windows and open the classes that I was working on before.
  • It would be nice if the files in the projecttab could be "sorted" by dragging it to the correct place.
  • Allow to change the order of the Editpackages on the System tab. Somtims when I have been messing around with the .ini-fles I forget to restore the Editpackages section. Fortunately VUC++ asks me if I want to add the missing packages. But when there are multiple packages are missing these packages can be added in the wrong order so I can't compile, because of the dependencies. So then I have to exit VUC++ fix the .ini file and restart VUC++. I would be easier if it could be done from VUC++.
  • When I compile and the .u file is in use (for example by UEd) it cannot be deleted. It would be nice if I would get a warning about the fact that the file could not be deleted (and thus could not be compiled). This would reduce the time finding out why my changes sometimes don't show up in UT

It took some time to find some things that I want to be added to VUC and these aren't even big flaws. So I won't even mind if you decide not to implement this stuff.

BTW: If you didn't have a look at the older threads. I think these are worth a look, regarding problems and new features:
Suggestons for VUC++ 7
Bug(s)
No cut, copy and paste in Win2K
WotGreal
I can edit the files i open with the workspace
Unread 10th March, 2002, 04:01 PM
2COOL4-U

Try to remove the company tools, you should aim at making the source editable by a large group of people and not just a few who have exactly the same version as you

I have mentioned most of my wishes for VisualUC++ in other threads. But I have a few other cool ideas
  • Make it possible for us to edit the external tools list, right now we can only remove or add tools
  • Compile and run should not execute UT if you cancelled the compilation
Unread 10th March, 2002, 07:05 PM
DrSiN

Good news..

This has gone from a minor update to a fairly major rewrite.

Bad news...

It's using a commerical editor component. SynEdit sucks really badly.
Unread 10th March, 2002, 07:52 PM
2COOL4-U

From the experience I've got with SynEdit, it's a really hard to configure component with the weirdes tab system ever
Unread 10th April, 2002, 05:39 PM
Mr.Mitchell

Just found two other things that would be usefull in a next version of VUC++.

Add shortcut for Redo, most programs use CTRL+Y

Change the drag and drop. Currently when a file is dropped on an editor window it is inserted in the text. Most of the time (at least in my case) that is not what you want. You just want to open a file. I tried drag&drop to open a .log file, but that won't work. It would also be nice if the gray "background" would accept files that are beeing dropped. With the gray background I mean the area you can see if th editorwindows are NOT maximised.