You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTAN > Bugs

Unread 10th October, 2005, 05:58 AM
Killing Spree

Default Receiving No Updates at all

I'm running the UTANBanManager101. I entered the correct username and pw hash but log message gave error saying incorrect username or pw. Yes, I am using the pw hash and not the actual pw. So I changed my pw and got the new hash and entered it in the .ini file. Now I don't get any error messages at all. No updates, no error messages, nothing. It's like I'm not even running UTAN. So I have no Idea what to do with it now. Any info would be great Thanks

I Blame it on the ghost of Little Kitty Pee-A-Lot

[iX]C.N.F.O.S. :http://www.ix.clanservers.com
Unread 13th October, 2005, 09:15 AM
Killing Spree

Wow, I wonder how long you are supposed to wait for a response. Does anyone answer these posts or am I just rambling to myself? It's now going on approximately a month now that UTAN hasn't been updating. This is now my third post concerning this issue.

1. First, I get error message saying "Update Failed, Incorrect Password Hash". I discover what a password hash actually is, I correct it and run BanManager.

2. Second, After inputing password hash and not actual password, I check logs to discover that...yes, once again..."Update Failed"....Reason:
" Incorrect password hash".

3. I head to UTAN site, Log in, choose new password, update my profile and headed over to get "new" password hash. Magically, one was generated, so I take my new found password hash and place it in the .ini along with my username which is still the same as when I started. I upload to the server and restart it.

4. Of course the suspense is killing me, so I have to wait until a current log file gets generated. That in itself seemed to take forever to happen. But, OMG, yes one finally gets generated. I open the log up and what do I see? Oh Yes, that's right............"Update Failed, Incorrect user password"!

5. I then proceed to remove BanManager101 and reinstall it on the server. I got new files going on, a new BanManager .ini file etc...I've got the right user name going on....I've got the correct password hash going on...and everything seems to be moving along just fine. So after A day or two of waiting for BanManager to generate a friggin log file, it finally produces one and to my astonishment....Yes, that's right...I get this message..

10-10-2005*00:06:30 - ERROR: Ban Database Update Failed - Reason: Insufficient Paramaters - Blank Password

I'm curious as to how it is that BanManager101 is confused about wether or not there is actually a password hash listed? I may be a noob at UTAN but I'm certainly not so much of a noob that I have forgotten to even place a password hash in the specified location? Especially after all the editing and uploading and password hashing and password changing and forum posting etc. that forgetting to input a password hash is seriously unlikely to happen. Of course when I go to verify if there is a password hash listed....Oh my...why yes there is and it's the one given to me by UTAN.

I truly don't know what the problem is with the BanManager but some sort of response would be nice I think. Yes, I have looked through many posts about login errors and I have tried those tips and tricks with no positive results. So some assistance would truly be appreciated. Thank You

Last edited by [GU]AnnaBeaver : 13th October, 2005 at 09:18 AM.
Unread 13th October, 2005, 09:34 AM
out of order

Make sure there aren't any spaces or other weird characters in or around your username and PW hash.
What is you UTAN user name?
Unread 14th October, 2005, 04:17 AM
Killing Spree

Thank You!! For replying to this post, I truly appreciate it. Username: guannabeaver. The weird thing that I found just today is that I get error message for the pw but log does say that there are something like 512 files. So, I don't know if that means that it's updating or not. It appears to be updating yet still giving error message but I'm not sure if it is or isn't.