You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTAN > General Chat

Unread 17th June, 2007, 06:14 AM
Killing Spree

Default Botters and UTAN

Our server got targeted last night by botters. As I banned one, he'd rejoin with different guid but same ip. I tried to ban with demo as evidence but it kept timing out(I assume because demo is 15megs). I didnt try shortening demos due to multiple botters on server at once and it's throughout the whole match. Also they hijacked our ventrillo server so I'd really like to deal with this. I'd appreciate some info on how to handle this with UTAN....pm's are ok.
Unread 17th June, 2007, 03:11 PM
out of order

Upload the demo elsewhere (preferrably compressed as ZIP or the like and including required packages for playback) and make sure it's available for a long time. Then add the ban and link to the evidence location. Feel free to post the ban in our ban upgrade subforum so we can have a look at it. Include all the GUIDs used (best probably is to add and post a ban for every GUID) so we can check them for widespread use.

Last edited by Wormbo : 17th June, 2007 at 03:13 PM.
Unread 17th June, 2007, 05:06 PM
Banned

They also crashed the server and it went offline for the night =\
Unread 17th June, 2007, 06:29 PM
Holy Shit!!

Crashlog? (PM instead of posting here preferably)
Unread 18th June, 2007, 08:26 AM
Dominating

I'm willing to put the demo on my webspace if needed, as to assure it'll be available for quite some time.
Let me know if you want to take me up on the offer.
Unread 18th June, 2007, 01:27 PM
Holy Shit!!

Do pm Shambler the crash log.
Unread 18th June, 2007, 10:17 PM
Killing Spree

They didn't crash the server....I took it down since it was obvious that they had multiple guids and they brought a spam bot into the vent server.....I had too many things to deal with so I shut it all down until I got organized. I have put the demo on our redirect and am posting UTAN bans as we speak and will apply for globals as well. One botter was good with it, the other was bad. I have proof of 3 guids total being used, a fourth suspected but no proof(IP range similar but joined in spec only). Anyone else want the demo, pm me and I'll pm you the link and guids.
Unread 19th June, 2007, 03:38 AM
Banned

No, it crashed right before you took down the server. It switched to DM-Deck17-FPS [I guess that's your default map?] then you took the server down. =\
Unread 21st June, 2007, 04:18 AM
Killing Spree

These asshats are still hacking my vent server. Got some more ip's and hostnames, gmails.....any thoughts on how to deal with these punks?
Unread 21st June, 2007, 10:37 AM
Dominating

Dunno if you host the vent server yourself or have it co-hosted somewhere, but maybe you can block the ip range they have with a firewall (hoping that their ip range is not the same as your legitimate vent users).
Unread 21st June, 2007, 01:50 PM
Killing Spree

I'll have to check if that's possible. We rent our servers from Gameservers and they host our vent. It's the same assholes that were botting as their ip ranges are the same and are using the same names they used to bot in-game. I guess we'll start by reporting it to their isp's and to gameservers and see what happens. I guess they ran out of guids since they haven't been on the ut server lately, however, unless they get a global ban some of you other admins may have to deal with them and their bs.
Unread 11th July, 2007, 05:32 AM
Forum Newcomer

I'm an admin on the server with Starfire. I've made a highlight video of the demo just to make it easier for it to be reviewed - once you watch it I'm sure you'll agree it's an open and shut case. Is it a problem if I post a link here?

edit: since no one complained here are links to demos on filefront. The streaming version quality is good enough to see what is going on but you can download a higher quality version if you want. As you can see you just need to watch the first couple rounds of the demo.

http://files.filefront.com/Vekz01-Di.../fileinfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/Apu-DivX..../fileinfo.html

Last edited by Mojo : 19th July, 2007 at 01:36 AM.