You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - Mac Specific

Unread 13th January, 2004, 09:04 PM
Forum Newcomer

Hi all. I've got a small home network, and I want to set up a UT2k3 server on one of my machines. I've gone through a number of tutorials that are Windows targeted, and tried to get it up, but I can't seem to get everything together. I'd appreciate information that would help.

Details:
DHCP network on Asante 4-port router.
I've tried opening up the appropriate ports on the router (80,7777,7778,7787,7788,28900,28901) and targeting the specific machine, but I can't seem to get a response from the master server. (the response always hangs after supposedly sending out the port IDs.

Do I have to open up the ports on the machine somehow (remember this is OSX, a.k.a. unix, and Apple locks a bunch of stuff down by default)?

Is there a decent Mac-targeted tutorial for setting up a UT server on a Mac that's not intranet but internet?

Thanks.
Unread 15th January, 2004, 09:05 PM
Killing Spree

Doesn't OSX now have a built in software firewall? You would have to config. that as well. Other resources to look into would be:

http://www.macaddict.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=58

&

http://pub88.ezboard.com/fosxmacutmessageboardfrm10
Unread 22nd February, 2004, 04:33 AM
Forum Newcomer

First of all I don't believe that OSX setups it's firewall by default. I could be wrong, but I've always had the choice to turn it on after any fresh installs of OS X.x.

Which then brings me to believe that the problem is in your .ini file for UT2003, because you seem to have all the ports opened up for your machine's IP that you want to run the server on. Again I could be wrong, just adding my $.02.

Within your UT2003.ini or your Server.ini file or if you don't have one or the other your Default.ini file there should be a line that looks like this:

ServerBehindNAT=False

you need to change "False" to "True".

The easiest way to do this is to use Terminal & vi (VIsual Text Editor) and do a search with the "/" function within the .ini file. An example would be

Within Terminal:

"cd" to the "System" directory within UT2003

type

vi whicheveroneyouareusing.ini

Within VI:

type ":" to get to the command line for vi

and then

type "/Behind" without the quotes and then hit the [Enter] key

you should see something like this now

[IpDrv.MasterServerUplink]
DoUplink=True
UplinkToGamespy=True
SendStats=True
ServerBehindNAT=False

Let me know if this works out for you. If you have any problems, when looking through the Tutorials, you want to check out the llinux stuff more than windows stuff because OSX is closer to linux because both are closer to UNIX then Windows.

Cheers!

ServersUp! Now go kick some A$$

BeTACoDE