You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 3 > UT3 Server - Windows Specific

Unread 19th December, 2007, 12:09 PM
Forum Newcomer

Post Dedicated server crashing with warfare

I'm trying to get a warfare server running, but the server crashes when it loads the warfare gametype.

I have ctf, vctf and dm running perfectly, advertizing in the server, people can connect etc.. so I'm stumped as to why warfare bombs.

Here's my startup line:

C:\pathtoserver\Server\Binaries\ut3.exe server WAR-Avalanche?Game=UTGame.UTOnslaughtGame?GameMode=2?n umplay=8?BotSkill=1?minnetplayers=1?maxplayers=16? timelimit=0?goalscore=3?GamePassword=****?AdminPas sword=****?bIsDedicated=True?bShouldAdvertise=True -login=*** -password=*** -Port=9999 -log=..\Logs\jonestown-war-public.log -configsubdir=jonestown-war-public -multihome=86.58.130.7 -nohomedir -unattended

The ini files are the same as for the other gametypes, copies of the defaults in thier own subdirs via -configsubdir, only with warfare setup for mapvoting.

Latest official patch has been applied.

Server is a dual core xeon 2.13 with 2 gigs ram.

== server errors from console ==
Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTEditor.int
Init: UEngine initialized
Log: Looking for DLC...
Log: Object size..............: 60
Log: Actor size...............: 436
Log: ActorComponent size......: 88
Log: PrimitiveComponent size..: 448
Log: Performing DNS lookup for stunserver.org
Log: Browse: WAR-Avalanche?Name=Player?team=255?Game=UTGame.UTOnsla ughtGame?GameMode=2?numplay=8?BotSkill=1?minnetpla yers=1?maxplayers=16?timelimit=0?goalscore=
3?GamePassword=****?AdminPassword=****?bIsDedicate d=True?bShouldAdvertise=True
Log: LoadMap: WAR-Avalanche?Name=Player?team=255?Game=UTGame.UTOnsla ughtGame?GameMode=2?numplay=8?BotSkill=1?minnetpla yers=1?maxplayers=16?timelimit=0?goalscore
=3?GamePassword=****?AdminPassword=****?bIsDedicat ed=True?bShouldAdvertise=True
Log: Virtual memory allocation size: 134.26 MByte (140779520 Bytes)
Log: Physical memory allocation size: 0.00 MByte (0 Bytes)
Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTGameContent.int
Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Localization\int\WAR-Avalanche.int
Log: Incomplete cached shader map for material M_NEC_Wires_SM_Umbilicaltube01_Large
Log: Game class is 'UTOnslaughtGame'
Warning: SpawnActor failed because class UTOnslaughtGame is abstract
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Assertion failed: Info->Game!=NULL [File:.\Src\UnWorld.cpp] [Line: 2018]

Stack:
Critical: Windows GetLastError: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed. (299)
== // server errors from console ==

After this in the console, the server just hangs and won't quit unless I kill the process.

Any ideas?
Unread 9th February, 2008, 10:23 PM
Forum Newcomer

I had the same problem when using Darks command line generator. The error with warfare is the wrong game type is being used. instead of "Game=UTGame.UTOnslaughtGame" use "Game=UTGameContent.UTOnslaughtGame_Content"

When I made this change the server launched normally. I dont know much about this.. but ive been tinkering with the server most of the morning. This seemed to be the trick.
Unread 10th February, 2008, 03:32 PM
Dominating

For starters, strip some redundant command line options:
Game=UTGame.UTOnslaughtGame
GameMode=2
bIsDedicated=True
bShouldAdvertise=True

Most of the others can be placed within the appropriate config file, and are not needed in the command line either.