You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - General Chat

Unread 15th July, 2014, 03:17 AM
Killing Spree

Default Dtr.exe

Found disallowed prefetch file(s) 'DTR.EXE-CFACE388.pf'

Any ideas what this might be ?
Unread 15th July, 2014, 03:54 AM
Dominating

If this is about Mafiaman i can vouch for him, he would not willingly cheat, i wasnt on ts with him tonight to help him and ask what was going on, but from what it looked like, he tried to look for any files that may have been causing the issue, by the time it was me (zero), storm, power, hogwash, freeman, tron and him he had finally found the file or whatever that was causing the issue and deleted it, im guessing since he was able to play at that point. Once i talk to him i will have the full story, but the guy is far from a cheater.
Unread 15th July, 2014, 04:20 AM
Forum Newcomer

that's is a windows prefetch file....Prefetch Files
A prefetch is a Windows file that indexes information about programs you use. When you run Microsoft Word, it needs to load several things, such DLL files and drivers, before it is launched. These files are scattered in different directories, which Windows has to fetch every time you run Microsoft Word. The prefetch files speed up this process by indexing the information needed to launch the program. Instead of locating every directory for the drivers needed to launch Microsoft Word, it simply checks the prefetch file then launches the program.
The prefetch file is named similarly to the application it is set to launch. The information it contains includes the executable associated with launching the program, the directory location where the process is located, the last time you ran the program, and how many times you've launched the program since the prefetch file was created. The prefetch also contains a list of all the DLLs and drivers used in launching the program and where they can be found. The indexing process used by the prefetch makes it easy for Windows to launch commonly used applications.
Read more : http://www.ehow.com/about_6642578_pf...xtension_.html
http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8919
http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30219
things that make you wonder or kinda go wow.....
false positive?

head scratch.....

Last edited by [ARC]zena : 15th July, 2014 at 07:10 AM.
Unread 15th July, 2014, 04:21 AM
Forum Newcomer

a hash of the file would help
Unread 15th July, 2014, 05:54 PM
out of order

[ARC]zena, Anti TCC reports prefetch files as a hint for the potential or former existence of unwanted (for the other players) programs. Since the actual file is our of reach for Anti TCC or hard to find (and therefore not checkable directly), this is a viable (yet imprecise) way to detect the presence or previous use of cheats. Asking for a hash is pointless in this case.
Unread 15th July, 2014, 09:20 PM
Dominating

"The file was from where I installed an old Dirt Track Racing game hence the DTR.exe. No clue as to why anti cc would go crazy over it and ban me. I finally found the file in the prefetch folder and deleted it and was able to play. "

"If anyone feels the need to inspect the file, I would be more than happy to email it to you as it is still in my recycle bin."
Unread 16th July, 2014, 07:19 PM
out of order

Anti TCC would go crazy about it if the server admin configured it to do so.
Unread 16th July, 2014, 11:07 PM
Killing Spree

Before i could get a screenshot of his monitor he was kicked...Ok thanks i appreciate the feed back