You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTAN > General Chat

Unread 17th June, 2004, 02:11 AM
Forum Newcomer

Question I'm kinda confused, please help...

This system seems quite awsome. I run a GISP and I signed up in the utan system. I run a bunch of ut2k4 servers for clans. I know for each clan that would want to participate, they would need to install the utan actor. The question is for the utan user / password hash, would they use my username and password hash so that way they would be part of our GISP utan network? If a clan I host already has a utan account, how would they be "bound" to the GISP?

Also it seems there's 3 levels of bans, there's the individual server ban, the GISP level and also global ban. Is that right?

Thanks
azbok
Unread 17th June, 2004, 01:47 PM
UTAN Admin

If you want to allow other people to access/modify/delete your bans, they must register with the same GISP details. Then all the bans on the GISP account are accessible to anyone registered under that GISP name.

There are only 2 levels on banning, Global and GISP/User

Global bans, which the UTAN admins control, are given to all servers that have UTAN installed, if they choose to receive them, and GISP/User bans are specific to a user or GISP.

Server Actor Coder For

Creator Of SafeGame
Cruicky's Lab
Unread 17th June, 2004, 04:34 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default Registering

On the register page, there's a check box if you are a clan owner. It says that the GISP data would be ignored if that box is checked. Does that mean the clan owners signup as a GISP as well?

Also if a user has already signed up, would they have to delete their account and register if they want to signup with the same GISP details as me?

Thanks for explaining the global bans and the diff levels. I got those parts now

Thanks
azbok
Unread 17th June, 2004, 04:38 PM
Killing Spree

Oh thank goodness, Please do this azbok, I'm losing my mind trying to set it up. Heh, would be much easier if you did it.

Postal
Unread 18th June, 2004, 12:03 AM
Forum Newcomer

Hey ms postal Fancy meeting you here. I would like to set this all up, but I'm still confused on the topic of binding the users to the GISP. So I assume if the user is properly bound to the GISP then they would use their own username / password hash in the configuration?

Another question is if a clan owner can change his GISP association?

azbok