You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - General Chat

Unread 27th June, 2011, 06:16 PM
Unstoppable

Default SmartDM

I am no longer developing/supporting SmartDM. To get my last release (0905), please go to SmartDM @ utfiles.
ProAsm has taken over the development of this mod. You can follow him here.

I have been working on a project named as SmartDM. Needless to say, it is based on code of SmartCTF, but with some tweaks and major changes.

SmartDM is supposed for "non team" gametypes like DM and LMS

Some features
1)New style of replication. It will save lot of bandwidth.
2)Support for custom scoreboards.Scoreboard is not hardcoded. It will be easy to switch to snowy or other fancy scoreboard.
3)Useful stats

Here is the snap

The coding part is 95% complete. Currently beta testing is in progress.
Suggestions are welcome!

Beta Downloads
SmartDM0849
SmartDM0899
SmartDM0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO. Sure, without the source code the package is smaller, but let's be honest - text compresses well, so the difference isn't really noticeable for redirected downloads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralidragon
Trial and error is sometimes better than any tutorial, because we learn how it works for ourselfs, which kills any doubts about anything

Last edited by The_Cowboy : 5th August, 2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Status Update
Unread 27th June, 2011, 07:12 PM
Unstoppable

That's pretty awesome I know that are a lot of people that are looking for this in the community. Maybe you can change the color of the first, second etc? Looks a bit confuse right now.

MulKil probably should be changed to MulKill looks better imo.

I can't think in more right know, but I will post if I remember.

Good work.
Unread 27th June, 2011, 07:24 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Cowboy View Post
1)New style of replication.It will save lot of bandwidth.
is it the same as EUT uses?
Unread 27th June, 2011, 07:25 PM
Godlike

Definitely interested in a new scoreboard based on smart ctf.
Please add support for country flags if not already working.
Unread 27th June, 2011, 07:30 PM
Killing Spree

Not sure how hard it would be but a configuration option for scoring would be nice. Sniper servers would use frags-deaths=score.
Unread 27th June, 2011, 11:01 PM
Holy Shit!!

Nice cowboy is a very great idea.

Letylove49 aka Shado
Unread 27th June, 2011, 11:26 PM
Godlike

I was gonna go this route but decided to go with the MH2Gold scoreboard that gopostal came up with. Gopostal was nice enough to let me use his code for DM even though he provided his MH2Gold source code to begin with. Sure gopo would have some tips for your code cowboy.

Last edited by SC]-[LO]\[G_{HoF} : 27th June, 2011 at 11:30 PM.
Unread 28th June, 2011, 12:44 AM
Banned

First off, nice SB. The part that worries me is your screen was done at 1280 and it's fairly cramped. How does it look at 800 and even 640? I logged players screen res that joined my servers for a while just to see what the averages were. DM players don't use the mammoth screen sizes like you think. There are still a hell of a lot of players that use low-res, 6 or 7 year old systems to play. In fact I might entertain the idea that the majority of long time (and regular) DM players mostly use lower res because that's what they have used for ever. If you think no one uses 800 you'd be badly mistaken.

I've worked both sides of this equation. Players want to know three things:
1- Who won
2- How many times did I die
3- What country are you?
with #3 probably being more important than #2.

After that it's a steep dropoff. Maybe 20% of players will care what their efficiency is. Even less will care about sprees or time played. Honestly the best way to handle this stuff is a simple SB with the server feeding stats to a UTStats page. That program gathers more data and saves it than you would ever use and players can explore it to their hearts content. Setup is simple and it's pretty much self-maintaining once it's rolling.

If you really want to interest players build an on-server stats program. I put mine on the SB but I wish now I had used F2. Letting your players fight for a top spot in the leaderboard will interest them far more than visual stats that disappear next round.

MRS here: 24.4.71.4:7757 has a nice, simple server stats program on the SB as an example. You can tweak the stats to track whatever you like, we just happen to use score as the decider. Also there is a "postal babes" type mod at the end of a perfect game (happens occasionally). That's the sort of thing that interests a DM server. Most DM'ers have seen it all and honestly would like some recognition of their skill. Giving them a server rank lights that fire, trust me.

All this stuff I've mentioned is available in MH2Gold source code. You are welcome to any of it. It's posted to ModDB.
Unread 28th June, 2011, 01:07 AM
Holy Shit!!

nice

few things I would like to add to this;

the red icon thinggy above player avatars.. perhaps depending on the color of the player these could be adjusted?.. blue players/red players etc.. (as is) in TDM games ..

country flags is a plus.
in terms of themes if there was a way that it could autochange scoreboard depending on the dates (configurable/country) for certain days would be funny.

like Easter,Xmas,Halloween,GuyFalks,Motherdays,Valentin es day etc.

perhaps admin's could configure the dates etc in the .ini for when certain SB's come into rotation ..

regarding the top players thing as Gopo suggested that is also a great idea... Perhaps on FunctionKey-X (FX) it would display the top 10 all time players and would have the #1 Players avatar rotating with the Gold Cup at the top?..

excellent stuff.

keep up the good work CB.

Unread 28th June, 2011, 03:23 AM
Unstoppable

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveut99 View Post
That's pretty awesome I know that are a lot of people that are looking for this in the community. Maybe you can change the color of the first, second etc? Looks a bit confuse right now.

MulKil probably should be changed to MulKill looks better imo.
I will put textures of golden, silver and bronze trophies for 1,2 and 3rd players.Also, color change is in todo list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtosX View Post
Please add support for country flags if not already working.
Yup , it is essential feature.Coutryflags are not shown because I am playing on lan , and other are bots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopostal View Post
How does it look at 800 and even 640? I logged players screen res that joined my servers for a while just to see what the averages were. DM players don't use the mammoth screen sizes like you think. There are still a hell of a lot of players that use low-res, 6 or 7 year old systems to play. In fact I might entertain the idea that the majority of long time (and regular) DM players mostly use lower res because that's what they have used for ever. If you think no one uses 800 you'd be badly mistaken.
NO idea about 800/640.But I will check now

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopostal View Post

If you really want to interest players build an on-server stats program. I put mine on the SB but I wish now I had used F2. Letting your players fight for a top spot in the leaderboard will interest them far more than visual stats that disappear next round.
I dont want to interests players.I do coding for educational purpose and fun .

I got idea of efficiency from "DM" players only.

F2 is showing serverinfo and bestsomething records.Like SmartCTF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by back4more View Post
in terms of themes if there was a way that it could autochange scoreboard depending on the dates (configurable/country) for certain days would be funny.

like Easter,Xmas,Halloween,GuyFalks,Motherdays,Valentin es day etc.

perhaps admin's could configure the dates etc in the .ini for when certain SB's come into rotation ..
All this can be easily achieved because I have added support for custom Scoreboards (provided there are other scoreboards ).

Quote:
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO. Sure, without the source code the package is smaller, but let's be honest - text compresses well, so the difference isn't really noticeable for redirected downloads.
Quote:
Trial and error is sometimes better than any tutorial, because we learn how it works for ourselfs, which kills any doubts about anything

Last edited by The_Cowboy : 28th June, 2011 at 12:41 PM.
Unread 28th June, 2011, 03:31 AM
Unstoppable

Quote:
Originally Posted by {SoP}axewound View Post
Not sure how hard it would be but a configuration option for scoring would be nice. Sniper servers would use frags-deaths=score.
Yeah about that.We know what frags mean and what scores mean.Inspite of this, epic's default scoreboard shows "score" under frags heading in default scoreboard.
In my scoreboard data under frags is score only(frags-deaths).I will make an option for it.

bNewFragsSystem=True will count only frags and affect the game in that way.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 28th June, 2011, 04:19 AM
Killing Spree

Yes I do, something like AMLP_HaSm camper enhanced.

From the readme:
Quote:
Camper enhanced mode adds a 'Score' column to the DeathMatch scoreboard.
The value in the 'Score' column is equal to your Frags minus Deaths.
Sorry, I should have asked if you were taking feature requests first.
Unread 28th June, 2011, 04:25 AM
Holy Shit!!

man wicked stuff.

OT: do you have any idea's on how to get the current player counts from selected servers list?.

kinda like have game-server ping other connected servers and display on client HUD's...

5-10 sec delay or something.

if you could perhaps append it to this mod send2-7c that would be awesome.

*g*-*g*-*g*-*g* (Gameservers Linked Query's)
*p* *p* *p* *p* (Players Linked to GameServers)

BT++ (10 players) Type !bt to join
DM01 (8 players) type !dm1 to join
CTF01 (4 players) type !ctf1 to join
----------------------------------------
type !<cmd> to connect to service
!web |website
!for |forums
!stats|stats
good work , great SB

Last edited by back4more : 28th June, 2011 at 04:40 AM. Reason: soem kinda concept thinngy goin on.
Unread 28th June, 2011, 01:20 PM
Holy Shit!!

i hope this will work with Nexgen

Letylove49 aka Shado
Unread 28th June, 2011, 04:30 PM
Unstoppable

Maybe you can set the stats boxes for players in lms to black and white if they are already dead?
Unread 28th June, 2011, 04:49 PM
Unstoppable

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveut99 View Post
Maybe you can set the stats boxes for players in lms to black and white if they are already dead?
Nice thinking1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letylove49 View Post
i hope this will work with Nexgen
It should.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 3rd July, 2011, 03:41 PM
Unstoppable

Ok fellas here is the first beta version of SmartDM

SmartDM0849

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 3rd July, 2011, 04:47 PM
Holy Shit!!

Nice one

Is the FlagAnnouncements is fixed now ?

Unread 3rd July, 2011, 04:56 PM
Unstoppable

Ok I will fix it tomorrow

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 3rd July, 2011, 05:31 PM
Holy Shit!!