You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > General Anti-Cheat Discussion

Unread 25th November, 2005, 03:47 AM
Holy Shit!!

Wow. Can't get the mesh to show up if I force it to use a mesh and textures in the folder I'm compiling from. I got meshes in meshes, etc. but it won't show up until I release from it. And I tried increasing the fire rate (naturally), but I couldn't get it to do that, either. Odd.

There is a chance though, however remotely that a new version could be made from scratch...
Unread 25th November, 2005, 06:29 PM
Holy Shit!!

Good luck ^
Unread 26th November, 2005, 05:33 PM
Holy Shit!!

Lmao, I need it!
Unread 20th December, 2005, 05:03 PM
Holy Shit!!

Okay, the way I understand it so far, it's not just the HUD that is a problem with pure, but also the fact that the client touches the jet and becomes invisible, which pure doesn't appreciate at all.

IF those two are the only problems, then fixing the HUD is no big deal, and neither is invisibility.

There are perhaps a couple of ways out of this invisibility, imho, and I will share my thoughts on this in the hopes that someone who has more ability than I can take this and run with it.

First off, is the way invisibility is called in JetFighter.uc

Code:
var bool UserInvisible;

~~~

function SetUserInvisble(bool InvMode)
{
	If  ( InvMode == TRUE ) {
		Instigator.SetDisplayProperties(ERenderStyle.STY_Translucent, 
							 FireTexture'unrealshare.Belt_fx.Invis',
							 true,
							 true);
		UserInvisible = True;
	} else {
		Instigator.SetDefaultDisplayProperties();
		UserInvisible = False;
	}

}

~~~

function ProcessTouch (Actor Other, Vector HitLocation)
	{
		if ( Other != instigator ) {
			SetUserInvisble(false);
			Instigator.bcollideworld = TRUE;
			Explode(HitLocation,Normal(HitLocation-Other.Location));
		}
	}
What if the actual UT_Invisibility.uc file in it's entireity were used instead? Would pure see invisibility called "natively" and leave it alone?

Maybe, maybe not.

Therefore...

How about not use invisibility at all, and make process touch turn the client's actor's mesh into the Qjet's mesh for the ride, and back into the original mesh upon eject? (for you perverts, that is what is referred to as EJECTIONSPECULATION, and of course, I'm way ahead of myself here, so it's PREMATURE EJECTIONSPECULATION. now stfu, we got work to do)

(don't expect me to put any code here, mkay?)

Maybe, maybe not.

Therefore...

What about not using invisibility at all, but use the Shrinker mutator instead?

That's what I did, and it works, but there's two problems.

1. it makes behindview look crappy. Therefore, I would imagine that any demos one might make would be horrendous. You see a tiny widdle fella in side the jet mesh.

2. I am still working on making the var bool into shrinker instead of just adding shrinker, because as it stands, it ejects me prematurely because of the following from GhandiGuidedJetFighter.uc

Code:
simulated function MoveUser() 
{	
	local GhandiJetLauncher GW;	

if (Guider == None )
		return;	
	GW = GhandiJetLauncher(Guider.FindInventoryType(class'GhandiJetLauncher'));
	//GW.AmmoType.AmmoAmount = 0;
	If ( GW.Eject != 1 ) {
		if ( !userInvisible ) {
			SetUserInvisble(True);
		}
		Guider.Setlocation(Location);
		Guider.SetRotation(Rotation);
		Guider.DesiredRotation = Rotation;
		Guider.Velocity = Velocity;
		Guider.bCollideWorld = False;

if ( lifespan < 6 ) {
			GW.FuelAlert();
		}
	} else {
		//Ejecting
		//Give the user time to get away
		SetUserInvisble(FALSE);
		Guider.bCollideWorld = True;
		GW.EndRide();
	}

}
If I can get that code at the beginning to reference the shrinker script instead of invisibility, perhaps like

Code:
var bool UserWeeWillyWinky;
or something, , then it would work right, I'm sure, as long as I changed all instances referred to previously (and in other places, if memory serves me) of invisibility to weewillywinky (actually, shrinker would make more sense).

I am presenting all this here because I still don't quite understand well enough to just spit all this out and say here you go (assuming that this is all that there is to it), and am hoping that perhaps these angles weren't thought of previously, and that some 1337 scripting God will hop on it and spit it out in like 5 minutes and we'll be done with it.

Of course I'd love to do it myself and claim all the credit, but that is selfish, and from what I hear, people are at wit's end wanting a fix.

So what are the chances that I'm right on this, and "whatcha gonna do 'bout it"?

(and please, do not say it can't be done until you try it. I've done 3 things already that I was told can't be done, the first of which was stopping the first helios hook with cshp because I refused to hear, "it can't be done" if nobody is trying)

(oh, thanks to tomcat, shadow stalker, and I can't remember the other guy's name, we had a skull session the other night when the part about using shrinker came up)

Last edited by BLTicklemonster : 20th December, 2005 at 05:07 PM.
Unread 25th December, 2005, 05:48 AM
Holy Shit!!

Either we are experiencing a shortage of Einsteins, or I killed this thread.

Either way, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!
Unread 25th December, 2005, 05:54 PM
Holy Shit!!

I still keep watch

Merry Christmas to you too!
Unread 25th December, 2005, 05:58 PM
Holy Shit!!

|o| I would play around with it but I have about 3 other coding projects I need to work on
Unread 4th March, 2006, 03:38 PM
Holy Shit!!

Funny it wasn't mentioned here, but from what I understand the new pure works with stangelove.

On a different note, I just got off the phone with Britton Wesley, aka Zencoder. He was surprised that the jets were still going strong.
Unread 5th March, 2006, 04:51 AM
Holy Shit!!

New Pure?
Unread 5th March, 2006, 02:21 PM
Holy Shit!!

Someone somewhere said there was a new pure that worked with strangelove, I swear they did!
Unread 11th August, 2006, 03:51 PM
Holy Shit!!

Matthew, aren't you working on getting this to work with pure?

Let me ask you something; do the bots know how to use the jets? If not, would you like to look at some script that will get them to?
Unread 11th August, 2006, 04:07 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTicklemonster
Matthew, aren't you working on getting this to work with pure?

Let me ask you something; do the bots know how to use the jets? If not, would you like to look at some script that will get them to?
Yes I am, along with a few others as part of a dev team.

They have been known to use the SLVs and know when to eject when bot AI is set to a high value.
Unread 11th August, 2006, 07:15 PM
Holy Shit!!

Been known to use, or know exactly what they are doing and will use them for a purpose on any AI setting?
Unread 12th August, 2006, 02:06 AM
Holy Shit!!

Been known to use
Unread 12th August, 2006, 03:09 AM
Holy Shit!!

Then check out what the bots do now with the bat wings...

http://files.filefront.com/Hellhouse.../fileinfo.html

And Henry isn't done yet. That's just a beta. He's working on more this weekend.

Also I asked him, and he said it would be okay for you all to look it over once he's done and see if you can use what you can out of it.

Last edited by BLTicklemonster : 13th August, 2006 at 12:50 PM.
Unread 12th August, 2006, 03:21 AM
Holy Shit!!

Mind hosting that yourself for a bit? I don't have an account there and certainly never plan to.
Unread 12th August, 2006, 07:12 PM
Holy Shit!!

You don't need an account, Matt.

Just click the Download Now button.
Unread 13th August, 2006, 01:26 PM
Holy Shit!!

Yes, Matt, it's straighforward, or I wouldn't use it.

New version up now, look up at the links.

The previous version had a problem in BatEgg.Tick which caused many accessed none script errors in the server log.
Unread 4th March, 2007, 03:20 PM
Godlike

Hi all

I have PURE 7G installed and as you know, PURE kicks you when you select a fighter jet on maps that have them. It also kicks you on maps that have Titan monsters.......I don't get that?

Anyway.....

Am I right in saying there is currently no fix?

If so, is it possible to disable PURE for certain maps.....as a work around?

Any help appreciated.

Piley
Unread 4th March, 2007, 04:56 PM
Holy Shit!!

Piley, there are no right or wrong answers here. While one would suppose that, seeing as this is a known issue, this would have been resolved by now, on might also wonder who would be the one to correct it, the authors of Pure, or the authors of the jets. With my limited abilities, I attempted a fix, and while the concept I had was good (in my opinion) I was unable to implement it. Then I come to find out that I was on the wrong path all along. What I last heard about all this was that the actual vehicle itself was of the wrong class to be accepted by pure as being used for what it is used for. (someone correct me?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post
The problem is your using a decoration as a weapon. So when a client picks up/ becomes the Jet (weapon) the initial animation sequence is not 'Select'. That mesh for the jet doesn't even have a sequence of 'Select' built into it. Reguadless......Pure doesn't like that. It determines that the the weapon is not a weapon because of the animation. Build a new class onto Fighter and integrate a mesh sequence of 'Select' then apply that when the client picks up the weapon. Or find a way to have a fake animation played on pickup (that could be interesting).

IMO, what needs to be done is a new class needs to be created specifically for the jets that falls along the lines of perhaps a tournament weapon, not a decoration or whatever it currently is.

The scripting for the jets is soooooo complicated that I never have gotten a chance to ever get it to fully work. Every time I've ever attempted to compile it, I get errors that just do not make sense.

A total rewrite of the code is the best chance for this to work, either of pure or of the jets themselves.

For that, someone who knows way more than I do will have to tackle this. My suggestion would be either Henryhouse or BlackCheetah. Yeah, BlackCheetah, the 15 year old kid everyone gets annoyed with. He's a freaking codal savant, and way underappreciated.

Last edited by BLTicklemonster : 4th March, 2007 at 05:07 PM.