You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - General Chat

Unread 2nd January, 2013, 12:42 PM
Unstoppable

Exclamation New mutator 'EnhancedUT' discussion!

Hey guys. I'm a newb coder working on my 1st legit mutator and I'm having a few issues =\ I'm working on a new mutator to "enhance" the gameplay and some of the weapons textures when firing. I will go into detail about the mutator in just a bit but here's the problem that I am currently having.. I am trying to import a new scope texture (one exported from EUT) to replace the old 'RReticle' scope texture. I am doing the following steps to import the texture and set it as the new scope.. (using UnrealEd) 1.) Open the texture browser, FILE > IMPORT! 2.) Select the textures you wish to import (.pcx or .bmp) 3.) Name of your package, group and texture name. 4.) Save texture (EU1beta_Textures) Now I'm trying to set this as the scope texture in my code but when I goto compile I'm getting this message;
Code:
"Can't find file 'TEXTURES\xScope1.PCX' for import C:\UnrealTournament\EU1beta\Classes\SniperRifle1.uc(7) : ExecWarning, Import texture xScope1 from TEXTURES\xScope1.PCX failed"
Here is the code from my SniperRifle.uc
Code:
//===================================================================
// Copyright (C) 2013 by *Kr!D_o)
//===================================================================

class SniperRifle1 expands SniperRifle;

#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=xScope1 FILE=TEXTURES\xScope1.PCX GROUP="HUD" MIPS=OFF FLAGS=2 LODSET=2

simulated function PostRender( canvas Canvas )
{
	local PlayerPawn P;
	local float Scale;

Super.PostRender(Canvas);
	P = PlayerPawn(Owner);
	if ( (P != None) && (P.DesiredFOV != P.DefaultFOV) ) 
	{
		bOwnsCrossHair = true;
		Scale = Canvas.ClipX/640;
		Canvas.SetPos(0.5 * Canvas.ClipX - 128 * Scale, 0.5 * Canvas.ClipY - 128 * Scale );
		if ( Level.bHighDetailMode )
			Canvas.Style = ERenderStyle.STY_Translucent;
		else
			Canvas.Style = ERenderStyle.STY_Normal;
		Canvas.DrawIcon(Texture'xScope1', Scale);
		Canvas.SetPos(0.5 * Canvas.ClipX + 64 * Scale, 0.5 * Canvas.ClipY + 96 * Scale);
		Canvas.DrawColor.R = 0;
		Canvas.DrawColor.G = 255;
		Canvas.DrawColor.B = 0;
		Scale = P.DefaultFOV/P.DesiredFOV;
		Canvas.DrawText("X"$int(Scale)$"."$int(10 * Scale - 10 * int(Scale)));
	}
	else
		bOwnsCrossHair = false;
}

defaultproperties
{
    AmmoName=Class'BulletBox1'
    DeathMessage="%k sniped %o down with the %w."
    PickupMessage="You got a Sniper Rifle."
}
Idk what the hell I'm doing wrong here, this is my 1st time having to import textures to use in a mutator so yeah... LOL! If someone could help me I would greatly appreciate it! Please and thank you! Let me know if you need the source code and I will gladly send it to you! But please DO NOT release this code =]P

Last edited by ~{kRiD}~ : 9th April, 2013 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Thread is very un-organized.
Unread 2nd January, 2013, 09:23 PM
Killing Spree

You don't have to import the image using UED. Create a folder in the same level as your classes folder called Textures, you include other resources in your compile this way also (i.e. Sounds, Models, etc).

Your folder structure under UnrealTournament will look something like this (note I've added Models and Sounds for clarity):
EnhancedUT
- Classes
- Models
- Sounds
- Textures

Add your pcx or bmp file to the Textures folder and the compiler will find the resource and add to your mutator package.
Unread 2nd January, 2013, 10:34 PM
Unstoppable

Nvm man, I figured out my issue and I feel like such a dumbass! But I'll clue you in as to what I did.. I had everything correct but the 'Texture' folder I had named 'Images' Yeah.. Total newb mistake! At least I caught it on my own. You even told me right there and I didn't catch it. I was doing something else and the thought poped in my head. I didn't even realise what you had said til just right now as I'm replying to your post. Thanks again soo much man!

Last edited by ~{kRiD}~ : 2nd January, 2013 at 11:06 PM.
Unread 4th January, 2013, 06:17 PM
Unstoppable

Okay so now I'm experiencing the original RReticle texture merging with mine sorta speak. This is what I mean.

What it's supposed to look like; http://i50.tinypic.com/inbmzd.jpg

What I'm getting when compiled and in the game; http://i46.tinypic.com/2cp2lia.jpg
Unread 5th January, 2013, 04:20 AM
Godlike

You should back up a class and create a child of TournamentWeapon and bring forward the entire Sniper Rifle class with your new edits. Skip the model imports at the top as they are already in the parent package and you can call the models already. This will clear these extras that are sneaking in and it's an appropriate way to handle the issue seeing as how you are making fundamental changes to the weapon.
Feel free to email me directly if you have problems. I share my home number with US people if you want to talk in person and not wait for messaging.
Unread 5th January, 2013, 05:38 AM
Unstoppable

Yeah I had that idea too but I was getting double sounds and that ammo wasn't decreasing as I fired. Altho I didn't add all of the default properties as I figured they would already be called. I'll give it another shot. This time tho when doing the class should I have it extend SniperRifle or Tournament weapon? Igreatly appreciate the kindness man, like I said I'm new at coding =]P I have a lot of plans to add into this. I'm hoping this mutator is a hit tho, lots of good ideas! I will shoot you and email if I do not get a responce.
Unread 5th January, 2013, 09:42 AM
Godlike

Keyword in this case is Inheritance. By expanding the SniperRifle class, you copy exactly all its properties. Like variables, but also all functions. So, this method is always a nice thing if you just want to tweek a few things on a already existing class, so you don't have to manually copy all the existing code. By calling the PostRender function, you are overwriting the original one - fine. So, if you would leave this block empty, your weapon would draw nothing at all at the HUD. Also, it was right to add your custom code in here - but, the first statement in this function is Super.PostRender(Canvas), which will execute the exact original function (=from your SuperClass, SniperRifle). This is the reason why you also have the original HUD drawings like the scope in addition to your custom stuff.

The only way to get rid of that is to completely leave out the Super Statement. But now you have to copy manually all stuff from the original function which you want to use.

In general, it really depends what you want to do when it comes to Inheritance. I personally would use it as much as possible, and since you want to modify existing weapons, I would definitly subclass them.

Last edited by Sp0ngeb0b : 5th January, 2013 at 09:45 AM.
Unread 5th January, 2013, 04:56 PM
Unstoppable

To UTrustedPlayer-

I tried sending you an email and it says that you do not wish to recieve emails. Mine is [email address]; send me and email if you would so I have yours. I would like to discuss my project with you. I would rather call and talk but I'm going thru a rough time right now so I don't have a phone right this second. I'm using my HTC Evo right now to pull a WiFi signal, !
Unread 5th January, 2013, 11:24 AM
Godlike

Sorry bro. I did update my email of record on this forum a little bit ago but I must have not set it to share. I'll email you directly. BTW, I'm a Davis too
Unread 5th January, 2013, 11:42 AM
Unstoppable

No biggie man! But hah, that's freaking awesome! Almost let myself use the F word like I love to.
Unread 10th January, 2013, 12:09 PM
Godlike

There's a basic old one called Pinata, which basically just makes killed players/bots drop everything they were carrying where they died, plus health if you click the option.

GoPostal actually just made a reward mutator here:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=199643
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Unread 25th January, 2013, 12:06 PM
Unstoppable

Yeah I know about that but I'm working on a new mod. One which options only drop the udamage when killed, which the remaining amount of time intact with it. And man, UTrustedPlayer is gopo, hince why he was talking about making that mod and posted it here. Anywayz,making some good progress with my mod. It's close to finished and should be released soon!
Unread 2nd April, 2013, 11:06 AM
Unstoppable

Ok.. So this is exactly what I have done so far. Fixed key binds to all stock weapons subclassed. Tickrate Independent PulseGun/Minigun as well as the famous NoLockdown feature from UTPure. Client side hitsounds. (floods the server log with scriptwarning's, need to recode it) UTPure style HUD's with the Match Time and JumpBoots charge display, but also a new counter display for the DamageAmp. Faster Weapon Switching 'FWS' witch is exactly what it says. New UT3 style Amplifier, when you get fragged and you have the Amp you drop it with whatever time was remaining when you were killed. Fixed the pick-up's arrays, you have to actually touch an item to pick it up. Fixed the stackable armor bug, you can no longer stack the Body Armor and Thigh Pads on top of the Shield Belt to gain additional armor. New scope texture for the Sniper Rifle. (zoom feature doesn't work with UTPure, needs to be fixed) Visual effect changes to the following weapons; Shock Rifle - Removed the hit ring effect from the shockbeam and shockproj whenever they make contact with anything. (cleans it up a bit and gives it a cleaner look) Flak Cannon - Added a new ring feature to the flak shrapnel for both primary and secondary fire. (give it a bit of a glow sorta similar to 2k4, looks a lot better!)

If anyone is willing, I could use some help fixing a few bugs and making some things configurable via ini. I will email whom ever helps me fix my mod. And I greatly appreciate it.

Needs to be fixed ..
Client hitsounds - Could be done the same way as UTPure but I can't seem to get it to work =/

Sniper scope - Needs to be recoded to work with UTPure

Amp counter - Skips every couple of seconds due to the net update intervals I believe. Needs to be configurable via ini.

DamageAmp Reward - Needs to be configurable via ini.

FasterWeapon Switching - Needs to be configurable via ini.
Unread 3rd April, 2013, 06:08 AM
Holy Shit!!

For scope and utpure give a look here http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/f...php?f=14&t=192

Unread 5th April, 2013, 02:12 PM
Unstoppable

I've tried that and it didn't help. So I remembered before I tried something and it mixed the scopes (original and new) it still looks good and it works with UTPure. So any other suggestions about my other issues?
Unread 5th April, 2013, 03:07 PM
Holy Shit!!

For what are you using pure ? tournament on , setting netspeed.

No need it as anticheat. If you need it for tournament on , setting netspeed you can downgrade for the UTPureRC7E and set TrackFOV=0

Last edited by medor : 5th April, 2013 at 03:10 PM.
Unread 5th April, 2013, 03:19 PM
Unstoppable

Well since ACE is out there's no need for UTPure in my eyes. So that's why I'm putting features feom UTPure into my mod. But a lot of ppl are still using UTPure which is why I'm working on making my mod comparable. But yeah, UTPureRC7E is what I prefer. I mostly use it for NoLockdown (which I have in my mod now too) and warm-up fortourney mode. (which I'm also working on putting in my mod.
Unread 5th April, 2013, 03:46 PM
Holy Shit!!

If you want i ave a mod for NoLockdown with no pure.

Unread 5th April, 2013, 03:59 PM
Unstoppable

Yes plz. I would like to compare it to my code. I may be able to make mine better. Also, any ideas on the warm-up feature? I've looked and looked some more at UTPure's and its a bit confusing. There's alot of code. I'm very new to coding, this is my 1st mutator. I'm shocked and proud I've got this far but its getting more difficult. So I just keep learning as I go
Unread 5th April, 2013, 04:58 PM
Holy Shit!!

UTToolbox-111 contain 17 very cool mods ; two are nice for you i think http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/u...oolbox-111.zip
Found here http://ks.dnsalias.org/modules/d3dow...e&cid=7&lid=20

[UTToolbox.NoLockdown]
bReplaceMinigun=True
bReplacePulseGun=True
bLockdown=False
bKnockback=False
bFlashing=True
bShaking=True

and to a Fast switch weapon

[UTToolbox.FasterSwitching]
DownRate=1.000000
SelectRate=1.000000