You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTAN > Feature Requests

Unread 21st February, 2005, 02:05 PM
Dominating

Default GUID on watch

What would be great would be the ability to place a GUID on 'watch', and have the server mail you when that person joins. What would be really nice would be if the server could mail you the chat log of that player at the end of each map, for easy review of their behaviour.
Unread 21st February, 2005, 08:25 PM
Holy Shit!!

Hmm, I don't think it would be feasible the way UTAN is working now but it would make a nice project for an intermediate script that users could install on their web site. I'm thinking of starting a project that does various things with a server remotely via FTP and would be happy to share with anyone that wants to give a hand .

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 21st February, 2005, 09:26 PM
Dominating

Hmm. My thought was that the system currently emails you when someone banned tried to join - a 2nd list of 'on watch' GUID's which, when connected, just emails you without kick wouldn't I thought (foolishly no doubt) have been too difficult.
Unread 21st February, 2005, 09:31 PM
Holy Shit!!

You have to consider the fact that the UTAN system currently manages thousands, if not more, servers. It's imperative to keep data streams to a minimum and the process of sending off e-mails will add unnecessary load (and perhaps create a vulnerability). However, the server actor could be redesigned to connect to a secondary local system that could handle this no problem.

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 22nd February, 2005, 09:15 PM
Unstoppable

I agree with Azura. It's not that the feature is really a bad idea but this could quickly get abused and the load would be too much. Epic has a whole stats system that either can't keep up or isn't accurate. Imagine what such a load and the added features on utans system might accomplish.
Unread 10th March, 2005, 11:31 AM
Dominating

i think this is a great idea..and I don't see it as being that much overhead...how many GUIDs are you gonna be watching...maybe 1 or 2 i would guess...this is far less than your GISP ban list...I don't see needing more than 3-4 instances of being alerted before you either add a ban or remove them from the watch list..

if overhead is a concern limits could surely be put in place...xx amount of watch guids allowed at one time.

getting the chatlog may be more difficult, but if you get an email with the time they enter you should be able to quickly get to that place in your full log...