You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Front Page > Downloads > ProfessorQ > UT Releases

Unread 6th August, 2004, 04:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam
Works great so far, only problem is that one our clan cannot connect he gets this error message popup - http://www.clan1234.com/Lotesdelere/Temp/QValidate1.png

He's running Win98, is that likey to be the cause? (I've alrady told him to get with the times, but he like Win98 :p

New Pure + QVal, time to enjoy the servers again
this happens when you don't install UT correctly, most people just use a backup of their ut folder after a reinstall. Everyone who does this will have the same prob. Just connect to the server, download QValidate111.u, QValidateDLL111.u and QValidateLoader111.u, then shut down your ut, manually copy the QValidate111.dll file to your system folder and restart your ut, problem should be solved
Unread 6th August, 2004, 04:47 PM
Rampage

Hi,

do I need to manually install the QValidate packages or is there a loader, so that the packages will be automatically downloaded and installed by connecting to a QValidate protected server? I ask, because noose doesn't provide a loader, and there's no explicit comment on this in the readme of QValidate.

Thanks in advance
+++crowbar+++
Unread 6th August, 2004, 04:58 PM
Administrator

there is a loader but it only works if you have correctly installed your ut
Unread 6th August, 2004, 05:39 PM
Forum Newcomer

hi ppl
I have installed the new qvalidate in my win32 server and i do not have hook ffs and appears in console this illegal DLL hooks!
and the server kick me in 5 sec and i don't know why...can anyone help me pls.

regards
Manga{aCk}
Unread 6th August, 2004, 06:22 PM
Forum Newcomer

While it lasts, does this anti-cheat have any sort of stealth logging option? I would suppose not, just because I understand you have to install the QValidate on your computer before the server will let you in, but an option of that sort would be useful. The one thing worse than your average cheating visitor, is a cheating clanner or community member. If they see the server has QVal on or can't get in regardless, then we can't log which people have the cheats. Is there ANY way to employ this type of stealth detection method?
Unread 6th August, 2004, 07:44 PM
Holy Shit!!

Hi Max]I[muS-X, if I understand what you're saying correctly, you want QV to simply log the presence of hacks without booting players. It would nice but I've no idea if it it's possible. I imagine QV does a first pass using the DLL to scan memory and only then it proceeds to check packages. If it did this all the time, there's a chance there that it would have an impact on gameplay quality.

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 6th August, 2004, 07:46 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrONiK
hi ppl
I have installed the new qvalidate in my win32 server and i do not have hook ffs and appears in console this illegal DLL hooks!
and the server kick me in 5 sec and i don't know why...can anyone help me pls.
have you checked the server log ? There's reports of players being kicked for having the demo manager 2 dll.

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 6th August, 2004, 08:30 PM
Dominating

the 5 seconds kick happens when qval client isn't corrected installed. you need to remove the cache entries, then manually copying files to \System, enter a server and voila
Unread 6th August, 2004, 09:53 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless
Hi Max]I[muS-X, if I understand what you're saying correctly, you want QV to simply log the presence of hacks without booting players. It would nice but I've no idea if it it's possible. I imagine QV does a first pass using the DLL to scan memory and only then it proceeds to check packages. If it did this all the time, there's a chance there that it would have an impact on gameplay quality.
I think what Max is referring to is something like we had in SniperArena... instead of downloading qval by the name of Qval... rename it to something like BluePixies or something that doesnt look like a Security Protection. since no-brainer rule #1 for cheaters is....if ya see a new anti on the server get the fook off the server before ya connect.

...not sure what ya mean in comparison to PC's .dll and the Linux extention mentioned (iso?)...relating to Mac's processes. I can prob get ya the info, but not sure what Im looking for.

I think there is only 1 bot in the history of Bots that a Mac can use anyway, and its either been blocked long time, and/or the hacked pure needed to use it is easily detectable. And since Im probably the only Mac user that still plays this tired ole game =) ya atta just exclude us Macs from having to be checked all together (if thats possible to detect my cpu type and do it from there)
Unread 6th August, 2004, 10:04 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucK
...not sure what ya mean in comparison to PC's .dll and the Linux extention mentioned (iso?)...relating to Mac's processes. I can prob get ya the info, but not sure what Im looking for.
Look for a file in system that says OpenGL something that isn't a u, int or ini and look at what file extension it's using (if it has one). I know that Macs use the ressource fork to store file info but I assume UT was ported to MacOS with minimal changes.

P.S: Btw, what version of MacOS are you running ? If it's OS X, mind explaining how to get it running ?

Unread 6th August, 2004, 11:33 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default What all does qval detect?

a Quick question,Does q-val only detect the hook bots,or do i need to also run my CSHP or Pure along with it,We have a linux server and so far the new LINUX version is doing great with little or no problems.But i only have qval running for cheat protection right now.
Unread 6th August, 2004, 11:51 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam
Works great so far, only problem is that one our clan cannot connect he gets this error message popup - http://www.clan1234.com/Lotesdelere/Temp/QValidate1.png

He's running Win98, is that likey to be the cause? (I've alrady told him to get with the times, but he like Win98 :p

New Pure + QVal, time to enjoy the servers again
send him qvallidate111.dll and he shouldnt have any probs.

soz if soemoen already answered this,but was 2 lazy to read it all :p
Unread 7th August, 2004, 03:06 AM
Forum Newcomer

Hello Everyone, I play Unreal Tournament on a Mac, I know some others who do also. Now I tried to get into a server running the qvalidate service, I installed the qvalidate111.dll (knowing it wouldn't do anything) and the qvalidate111.u files into the UT System folder.. and was unsuccessful in entering the server. I had thought the hookbot pretty much killed the game for me, but this is unbelievable. Why is that, you might ask.. Because now I can't even enter servers that I visit because they run this service... not even as a spectator. So, my questions are.. First and most importantly, is any type of Mac support going to be made available? Second is, Why do the spectators get kicked out? They can't do anything in that mode.

This is to answer Fearless, I run my UT through Mac OS 10.3.4, you want an explaination on how this has come to pass... It's simple there is a UT beta patch made to run the Mac OS 9 install of UT through Mac OS X. As for the OpenGL questions the only thing that refers to OpenGL in my UT System folder that I see are... OpenGlDrv.ini and OpenGlDrv.int.
Unread 7th August, 2004, 03:31 AM
Killing Spree

Quote:
Do you have any idea on what's used instead ? I know that on Linux DLLs are replaced by SOs. Unfortunately, this might mean that Macs aren't supported as QValidate relies on a native part to go rummaging in system memory.
The current Mac OS is an offspring of Linux and Unix called OS X. Mostly all Mac users that play games use OS X. Like said before, its a simple beta patch for the game to run in OS X over an install of the game from OS 9.

If there is someone with the knowledge of how the Linux QValidate might be able to be brought to the Mac please enlighten us...
Unread 7th August, 2004, 08:17 AM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Look for a file in system that says OpenGL something that isn't a u, int or ini and look at what file extension it's using (if it has one). I know that Macs use the ressource fork to store file info but I assume UT was ported to MacOS with minimal changes.

P.S: Btw, what version of MacOS are you running ? If it's OS X, mind explaining how to get it running ?
Actually Ive been running OS9.2.2 / UT for a couples years or so. Ive never been real pleased with the unfinished beta patch for OSX.

Glenda Adams ported an OSX in 2001, last patch (3) in 4/2002. She left Westlake in 2003 and 1 week later Ryan Gordon of Epic and UTPG says " I'm going to take what Glenda gave me, I'm going to see what's what, and I'm going to get a Mac OS X version of it doneÑget it done, finished, and correct." I just tried v.3 again and still not all that impressed, will take a lot of tweaking...mouse action/controll is the largest drawback (though there are many others not so game crucial)

back to openGl =) In OS9.x it isnt an option (have to use RAVE), nothing was further developed from the original beta drivers on the '99 disc and the 7 lines for its control in the .ini (as bad or worse as PC's 1st UT/beta openGL). As for OSX.... the patch is a Carbon port. I know nothing about much, but learned .dll is a digital library linkage, so Im assuming you are looking for something similar in Mac handling... I know we use libraries, but not sure of the path to get there, though I did find a few things that may help someone who knows better what they are looking for than me. =)

-------
As stated by others, there are no other openGL files in the whole UT folder (and subfolders) except the .int and .ini

The programming interface for OpenGL is declared in the following header files:
Mac OS X header: NONE
Mac OS 9 headers: gl.h, agl.h
---------

here is also a link to the development center for OSX openGl...everything from code to cookies but I havent hardly an idea what Im looking for.

http://developer.apple.com/opengl/

hope this helps
Unread 7th August, 2004, 03:04 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
I know nothing about much, but learned .dll is a digital library linkage, so Im assuming you are looking for something similar in Mac handling... I know we use libraries, but not sure of the path to get there, though I did find a few things that may help someone who knows better what they are looking for than me. =)
It's actually dynamic linked library but that's just a detail. As you assume correctly, I was just wondering if the Mac version of UT has anything that corresponds with the libraries (containing system-specific routines) that Windows and Linux has. I'd assume there is something equivalent as UT wouldn't be able to run at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAMX
The current Mac OS is an offspring of Linux and Unix called OS X. Mostly all Mac users that play games use OS X. Like said before, its a simple beta patch for the game to run in OS X over an install of the game from OS 9.

If there is someone with the knowledge of how the Linux QValidate might be able to be brought to the Mac please enlighten us...
Hmm, just how close is OS X to Unix/Linux ? The compatibility box was only an interim solution offered by Apple to continue supporting applications from previous OS versions if I remember well.

It would only make sense to run UT as a native application. I know some servers out there are running UT on FreeBSD and I've read somewhere that OS X is a BSD variant. I think it would be a be an excellent idea if a group was formed to port the Linux version of UT as this would solve many problems. However, such a project would demand a lot of time and effort and would require people who have some good programming skills and in-depth knowledge of MacOS X.

As I understand things, making QV work on the current version of UT for Mac would require a port of the system specific library, much as XFire has ported the QV dll for windows as an so on Linux.

Last edited by Fearless : 7th August, 2004 at 03:06 PM.
Unread 7th August, 2004, 03:53 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Hmm, just how close is OS X to Unix/Linux ? The compatibility box was only an interim solution offered by Apple to continue supporting applications from previous OS versions if I remember well.

It would only make sense to run UT as a native application. I know some servers out there are running UT on FreeBSD and I've read somewhere that OS X is a BSD variant. I think it would be a be an excellent idea if a group was formed to port the Linux version of UT as this would solve many problems. However, such a project would demand a lot of time and effort and would require people who have some good programming skills and in-depth knowledge of MacOS X.

As I understand things, making QV work on the current version of UT for Mac would require a port of the system specific library, much as XFire has ported the QV dll for windows as an so on Linux.

Epic Games programmer Ryan Gordon Tuesday, May 27, 2003 (ish) "We're going to take [Westlake's] codebase, I'm going to look at what we have for the Linux codebase that Loki did for Unreal Tournament, which has been merged into UTPG's code repositoryãI'm going to take that, I'm going to take what Glenda gave me, I'm going to see what's what, and I'm going to get a Mac OS X version of it doneãget it done, finished, and correct."

There is probably few more qualified (nor better to ask for info) than Ryan Gordon (Epic/UTPG) as far help getting UT correctly ported to OSX or to help get/port QVal to work with UT/OSX.

http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ID=7722

more recent: March 18, 2004
Ryan Gordon "The MacOS X port is actually based on Loki's Linux codebase, and doesn't use the Westlake UTX code at all. It's really interesting that porting Linux software to MacOS X is orders of magnitude easier than Carbonizing an OS9 app."......."Like everything else, UTPG keeps getting backburnered (several of the members are actually Epic employees/contractors working on other things full-time, too), but we're getting close to a new release, which makes the Mac port less of a moving target. Likely I'll just have to suck it up, carve out a weekend, and finish it."

....so maybe after a winter hybernation or something we will finally get an OSX port that isnt so buggy, and an actually improved version of the OS9.

Here is Ryan's webpage.
http://icculus.org/

Thats about all the info I gotz.

Last edited by LucK : 7th August, 2004 at 03:58 PM.
Unread 7th August, 2004, 04:00 PM
Forum Newcomer

UNREALTOURNAMENT caused an invalid page fault in
module QVALIDATE111.DLL at 0167:02dc4f2c.
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=0167 EIP=02dc4f2c EFLGS=00010246
EBX=02db0000 SS=016f ESP=0062e530 EBP=0062e778
ECX=e9c7a8e0 DS=016f ESI=00000000 FS=80ef
EDX=81d55d14 ES=016f EDI=7fffffff GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
80 3e e9 75 1c 8b 4e 01 40 83 f8 05 8d 4c 0e 05
Stack dump:
00000000 02dd6b90 e9c7a8e0 02dc5136 00000001 0270b7c0 6c615651 74616469 31313165 73657250 2e746e65 6f6e0071 73727170 77767574 7b7a7978 7f7e7d7c

Other win98 users have also received this message :x
what to doooooo?
Unread 7th August, 2004, 04:49 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
more recent: March 18, 2004
Ryan Gordon "The MacOS X port is actually based on Loki's Linux codebase, and doesn't use the Westlake UTX code at all. It's really interesting that porting Linux software to MacOS X is orders of magnitude easier than Carbonizing an OS9 app."......."Like everything else, UTPG keeps getting backburnered (several of the members are actually Epic employees/contractors working on other things full-time, too), but we're getting close to a new release, which makes the Mac port less of a moving target. Likely I'll just have to suck it up, carve out a weekend, and finish it."
Ouch. The UTPG have their hands full making patches and they're getting a lot of flak because it's taking them a long time to get the next one out. It's a shame because patch 4.40 was a good one and the new redirection system on 4.51 looks quite sexy.

I'd send an e-mail to those concerned and see what's happening at the moment. Porting UT for Linux to MacOS X is worthwhile project and it'll guarantee it's longevity and make updates much easier. I'd also go post on any Mac-orientated forums to see if anyone has the slightest idea of what needs to be done to get QV working on a Mac.

In other words, if you don't see any coconuts on the ground and you're hungry, you're going to have to shake that tree .

P.S: I know a bit about Macs as I was using one until 98. I still remember the Mac Plus and OS 4 :p .

Unread 11th August, 2004, 09:44 AM
Forum Newcomer

Default need some help

Ok,i'm new with this QValidate,first the QValidate.ini,what Packages should be put in there?the ones on the server (including all the standart skins and so on?)or the clientside packages?
than i always get an error that i try to sent something to the server and get a kick for that.and where have i to create the folder for the logs,no logs appears^^
Greets
AntI