You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Engine Based > Unreal Engine - Tac Ops

Unread 14th October, 2006, 03:03 AM
Forum Newcomer

Default How can I Fix my Ping??????

I would be happy if one of you can tell me how can I fix my ping, i have 1mb dsl internet conection, So always i have 150 or more ping in the game, there are comands to fix that? Or maybe some line to add to the TacticalOps.ini, Thank You!1
Unread 23rd October, 2006, 11:13 PM
Godlike

No commands and nothing to add to any ini will help bad ping...

A little more information would probably help, concerning your set up. Are you on a network with others or is this a single connection? If on a network, be sure someone isn't downloading, streaming Video, etc.

You should run a Tracert to determine if you have a problem on down the line somewhere.

Be sure to be playing on servers somewhat close to you. If you are in Europe, playing on a West Coast USA server isn't gonna cut it.

If you determine that the problem is your setup connection, be sure you have a good cable run to your house, with no broken/cut lines. Be sure you haven't added couplers or extensions in your line that are not approved for the line.

If using a router, take it out of the line and connect direct to determine it is set up properly.

If all else fails, call your ISP and tell them your problems and ask them for help. Perhaps your junction box has a problem. Also be sure, if you have a in-home house alarm, it could and usually does interfere with an internet connection if it is on the same phone line.

Good Luck!
Unread 15th December, 2006, 10:42 AM
Killing Spree

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliezerjerez View Post
I would be happy if one of you can tell me how can I fix my ping, i have 1mb dsl internet conection, So always i have 150 or more ping in the game, there are comands to fix that? Or maybe some line to add to the TacticalOps.ini, Thank You!1
Try tweaking your network settings.

Remove all Spyware using Ad-Aware or Search and Destroy Spybot.

Disable unnecessary services running if you use windows. (carefull make sure you know what the service does before u disable it.)

Does the problem happen with all the servers?

Try not download pron at the same time? Joke good luck mate