You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > Server Admins Open Forum

Unread 14th April, 2002, 11:40 PM
NightStalker

How many times have you been in a server and teams became unbalanced... 7 vs 5... 8 vs 6... Well, a guy I know wrote this great mutator that will force the newest player on the team w/ the most players 2 switch teams... It has been running on RR-SA for a while now, and is working great. Even spec's can make the teams even up....

Anyway, if you are interested, let me know... We are still working out some very minor bugs, but might release it very soon..
Unread 15th April, 2002, 05:32 AM
rifleisgod

I play there and the mutator is good except for one problem, it switches the player with the lowest score. This is normally not bad except i was playing earlier and when i went to even the teams the lowest person on my team happened to be the flag carrier and boy did that suck.
Unread 15th April, 2002, 03:09 PM
NightStalker

Well, it does the "lowest" scorer only because what it actually does is move the newest player on that team (who is usually the lowest scorer but not always...)
Unread 15th April, 2002, 07:53 PM
1$ikbITCH

If the teams are uneven, you have no business trying to cap anyway
Unread 15th April, 2002, 08:43 PM
Wes

Good point!

BTW, where can I get that mutator?
Unread 15th April, 2002, 09:21 PM
NightStalker

Honestly, it's not "final" enough just yet... Just wondered how much interest there would be... Right now, I'm running it on my servers beta testing it... Like I said, already up to 4 versions out already... Looking for how 2 improve the system before we simply dump it out there...

dk
Unread 16th April, 2002, 07:10 AM
Wes

Need help on beta test?
Unread 16th April, 2002, 02:59 PM
NightStalker

Honestly, it seems to be almost done... The only "issue" we have found so far is that in some maps, it seems 2 just shut down... IE, teams become uneven, you execute the code 2 make them change, and it says they are in balance.

We just loaded up a new version that will allow more logging, as well as a way to change the "advertise" time so it isn't spamming every couple seconds how 2 make the teams balance... Now, that is configurable by the admin via the .ini... Hopefully soon (maybe next week,) we'll have more idea's, and will get it out there for those who want it.
Unread 4th May, 2002, 07:13 AM
HogMan

I would love to help beta test this also. Let me know if you need anymore testers.