You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > Dr. SiN's Mods > CTF/E

Unread 16th April, 2002, 09:47 PM
]V[RiDdLeR

Time stretches on and on and on... and still no preview 2.

I understand about being busy and all, but...

Well, here's to hoping Dr.SiN gets back to CTF/e sometime...

]V[RiDdLeR
Unread 17th April, 2002, 04:37 PM
Wes

me 2.
Unread 17th April, 2002, 06:12 PM
DrSiN

I really.. really want to work on it.. but don't have time at the moment. 95% of my time is finishing up the protection for UT2K3 with the remaining 5% working on a map.

Maybe after June I can come back (if there is even a demand still).
Unread 17th April, 2002, 10:09 PM
]V[RiDdLeR

Heh.

Yeah I think there is demand, though its hard to find servers running it. Hard to compete with so many other mods out there.

I am gratified that you read the forums and reply promptly, Dr. S. I'm sure that takes time away too.

Maybe in June you can Just take the Preview-1 you released earlier and do some bug fixes and maybe implement a couple of the features you mentioned before.

You forbade people from distributing or running public servers with the preview version, as well as the maps. I am not sure if you ever recinded that, but it would be nice to have a new official public version, even if you have to cut some planned features to get it complete and bug free in your limited time.

Thanks for the reply
Unread 18th April, 2002, 07:35 AM
Wes

I second that.

Even just bug fix will do.
Unread 18th April, 2002, 03:34 PM
DrSiN

I won't promise anything but if someone wants to hand me a bug list I'll see what I can do. I really am super busy at the moment, but if it's like a bunch of little things maybe I can knock them off.

Also, the reason I didn't want it on any public server is it might have gone on a UT add-on CD. But seeing I'm here now that's dead so feel free to run it/play the maps.
Unread 19th April, 2002, 08:04 PM
]V[RiDdLeR

I havent done a comprehensive bug hunt, but I have noticed a few things. Hard to tell what is intentional and what isnt sometimes too.

1. I have noticed that at the end of a match, the hud just goes blank, rather than showing the F1 scoreboard. If you hit F1 it returns to the hud. So, no scoreboard at end of level.

2. I have noticed funkiness with picking up armor / shieldbelt / health. I am not sure exactly what combination of pickups causes it, but I will pickup some armor or something and then a shieldbelt, and the soldier graphic shows the shield aura but the armor value goes to 0. But then I can be hit or take damage and the numbers dont change. So it seems the protection is there, its just not being displayed properly.

I'll have to do some more testing to get a comprehensive bug list. I'll have to set up a server and test each server side option and gameplay feature on a network and see what other bugs I can find.

Thanks, Dr. S

-Rid
Unread 20th April, 2002, 01:46 AM
]V[RiDdLeR

I think it would also be a good idea to change the package name to CTFe2 or something to avoid version conflicts, like how the name of CSHP changed contantly.
Unread 20th April, 2002, 07:59 AM
StealthDP

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSiN
But seeing I'm here now that's dead so feel free to run it/play the maps.
Where can I get a copy of the latest? I would not mind checking it out as well...

StealthDP
www.unrealplayground.com
Unread 22nd April, 2002, 04:51 PM
Wes

A few of myunreal.com members, Dr. Sin, & I did some private testing when the preview 1 was done. I thought you wrote those bugs down, Dr. Sin.

It has been awhile. I'll have to test it again to remember what those bugs were.
Unread 23rd April, 2002, 01:07 AM
]V[RiDdLeR

It was posted in an old thread:

http://www.midnightinteractive.com/CTFe/CT...Fe-Preview1.zip
Unread 23rd April, 2002, 02:29 AM
StealthDP

Gracias...
Unread 23rd April, 2002, 02:33 AM
]V[RiDdLeR

De Nada...
Unread 23rd April, 2002, 05:46 AM
DrSiN

Quote:
Originally posted by Wes
A few of myunreal.com members, Dr. Sin, & I did some private testing when the preview 1 was done.  I thought you wrote those bugs down, Dr. Sin.    

It has been awhile.  I'll have to test it again to remember what those bugs were.  
I probably did.. doesn't mean I can find them now. I did move 1000 miles since then you know.