You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > Dr. SiN's Mods > Visual UC++

Unread 26th January, 2002, 07:11 PM
2COOL4-U

I tried out wotgreal today, never knew where to download it . And I find ALOT of similar things. The Syntax highlighting configurations is practicly the same etc. I still think VisualUC++ works just a bit faster and better. All the buttons in WotGreal are rather confusing, but there is one function that I LOVE, I love that function.

Wotgreal has a summary of all the functions/events/states/variables in a class. You can just double click a function/event/state/variable in that list and it takes you to it. This makes it really easy to navigate through the larger classes. I think this is a must have for VUC++ too. Also the start parameter screen is very detailed, although not necessary to have in VisualUC++.
Unread 26th January, 2002, 09:33 PM
Mr.Mitchell

Yeah, that is a very usefull feature. The biggest problem I had with it is that it takes to much screenspace. With WOTGreal there is to little space to edit your files. In VUC++ it could be solved by adding an extra tab to the workspace. To make thing really easy you should be able to switch between the most important tabs in the workspace by using some shortcut keys.

Unfortunately I haven't got a working Delphi 5 or 6 setup yet, but I am working on it. I found out that I can borrow software from work, but there is a waiting list for Dephi6

It has been some time since I tried WOTGreal. The last time I tried it it was to sluggish for my taste. That is mainly the reason why I switched to VUC++.
Unread 27th January, 2002, 10:42 AM
2COOL4-U

I don't use it because there only remains 1/3rd of my screen for the editor. So I'll stick to VUC++. But that feature is a must have.
Unread 27th January, 2002, 12:00 PM
2COOL4-U

I must say that VUC++ is very unfriendly to Delphi 6. Some components don't work for D6, and some components are not included. Really fustrating.
Unread 28th January, 2002, 01:13 AM
DrSiN

Shouldn't be that unfriendly. Once I make my milestone, I'll see if I can port it up to D6 and SynEdit.
Unread 29th January, 2002, 07:32 PM
ZitherMan

Something i miss is the possibility to "glue" the workspace to the left edge and the full sized editwindows would be resized to be "glued" to the right edge of the workspace, like in visual c++ It's really annoying to close and open the workspace all the time.

But that's just me.
Unread 29th January, 2002, 07:37 PM
2COOL4-U

uhh it's already possible
Unread 29th January, 2002, 07:46 PM
Mr.Mitchell

It already does that, but you will have to move very close or even up the left side of the window to let it dock. Just leave it there when you close VUC and it should still be there when you restart VUC.

For the editwindows you can just doubleclick on the titlebar of one of the editwindows (it would be nice if VUC would remember that I maximized the editwindows)
Unread 30th January, 2002, 02:30 PM
2COOL4-U

It does here