You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > General > Suggestions & Comments

Unread 28th December, 2006, 11:43 AM
Killing Spree

Lightbulb Scripters needed ! (Really really bad) lol

Hi yall, u know what? im sick and tired of sorting all em maps by hand looking in unreal office.Im sure the lot of ya feel the same. there could and SHOULD be a much easier way for this!
My thought is that if unreal office can display what different packages goes with a certain map, then it could also include a tool that auto-sorts it.
basicly the tool will copy the files for each map and place in the right directories of a mainfolder it creates, containing the directories of "maps,textures,sounds,music and system".
Also it should be designed to exlude all the files that comes default with UT since everone got them already.
The mainfolder "root" will take the name of each map it sorts out.
when done it creates a new one and so on and so on...
all these "mainfolders" can then be placed wherever the user wants by using a simple browser.
it could also automaticly make zips or umods aswell, or perhaps have it as an option.
Now i dont think i have the scripting-knowledge for this but im sure the whole UT-communitys serveradmins would thanks the creator for this since it will save a shitload of time and effort all over!
So for the love of GOD, get on with it already!

Peace bruthas
Unread 28th December, 2006, 11:47 AM
Killing Spree

Another good thing would be if it had the option to create uz's of the files aswell, kinda like a admin universal-tool...
Unread 28th December, 2006, 02:48 PM
Holy Shit!!

Nice idea . I wish I could code in c++ and help you out as I'm sure I'd be capable of doing at least part of your project.

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 28th December, 2006, 03:24 PM
Administrator

so basicly you want a tool that allows you to select a few maps from your maps folder and then creates a mappack from it?
Unread 28th December, 2006, 08:14 PM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthraX View Post
so basicly you want a tool that allows you to select a few maps from your maps folder and then creates a mappack from it?
I believe UT Map Manager v1.5 would do such a thing
Unread 28th December, 2006, 09:24 PM
Killing Spree

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthraX View Post
Well no. usually a mappack have all chosen maps in one directory, all textures in one directory, and so on. this would work thought if you just gonna put it up on the server since you dont accually need to know what files goes with what maps. But many/most serveradmins would like it sorted map per map for better control so it's easy to find a specific map and all its files when looking through the storage on your pc.
And i dont know if mapmanager have the ability to create packs but i doubt it since i have friends using it and they also complaine about the time it takes sorting everything. i will look into it thought.
But on the other hand, a tool that creates mappacks, can create a "mappack" containing 1 map at the time and will have the same effect, with the acception that it wont just "spit" it out but u have to redo the procedure for every map.
Best possible solution would be what i explained above i guess, and i think i put it pretty well there, so just take your time to read it through and u will get the concept if you have to exlude a few features to lower the difficulty of creation by a big % then ofcourse you should go with that instead.
I'm just hoping someone will come up with it soon enough cus we already waited 7 years

peace dudes!

Last edited by tank20 : 28th December, 2006 at 09:30 PM.
Unread 29th December, 2006, 10:37 AM
Godlike

Still thinking this http://www.die16-clan.com/download/t...ies/utmm15.zip is the right program for what you want
It creates a zipfile similair to this one http://www.die16-clan.com/members/ta...EN-CITYnew.zip with all needed files for that single map in it. (3rd tab, right-click the map, and press 'backup as zipfile')

All you need to do now and then is cleaning the program its cache by deleting/cleaning the maps.dat
Unread 29th December, 2006, 10:14 PM
Killing Spree

Ok it definitly works LOL
Wtf how come no1 told me that this existed before??
everyone kept on complaining about that they have to sort all the files by hand and stuff, ppl who admined servers for several years...they must be aware that tools like this exists i guess
well tnx then man peace
Unread 4th April, 2008, 10:24 AM
Holy Shit!!

"Mappersdream" also doing this
Mappersdream

This is a amazing tool never search wich map needs wich files anymore
Just select the map of choice then select wich exporting you wanna use all files or just the custom files and hopla a nice zip with the map and all files included
Fun-Dump.com 5k uniques daily
Phunneyshit.net 2k uniques daily
Trash n Babes 1,5k uniques daily
Babe-Dumper 1,5k uniques daily <New Site

Last edited by SixtSense : 4th April, 2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Url Ad