You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - General Chat

Unread 30th May, 2005, 01:29 PM
Unstoppable

Exclamation UT2004 demos

hi all,
i have some problems and i hope some1 knows here the solutions.

1- i am recording demos of games i played, but these demos are only my wiev and can't change anything. can we do it on servers side? and , does it couse lag? and when i coded them to AVI's , i cant hear sound. i have nearly have all sound and video codecs.
2- in UT classic's Webadmin tool, there was a part that we can set the "in game admin password". i cant see it in UT04's . is it removed? or need more access level to view it?

thaks for help.
Unread 30th May, 2005, 05:26 PM
Rampage

i can answer to your part one but for part two i don completly understnad what your saying
so you can record demo's server-side, then you can view all possible angles and players just how you want it with all the sound. furthermore i also have converted some demo's to avi's and i also haven't got sound so i gues it just is't in the avi file.

If you want to record demo's server-side then you have serveral choices i use the record demo button from the ut2vote admin menu, you can also use utcomp and there is a mutator called demorecord4
i think that you can also do it from the webadmin console but i'm not sure
Unread 30th May, 2005, 07:07 PM
Dominating

for the audio recording it depends if the program you are using is able to do
so.

and you may have to set your sound card to record from the proper source.
Unread 31st May, 2005, 09:48 AM
Unstoppable

i ment the in game pass word. that you use to login as Admin during game. we could set it the Classic UT's Webadmin tool. but now, its not 2004's Webadmin tool.

@Brainkiller
1- hmm. this mutator is not in admintool. i think we should add it. where can i get it?
2- there is no sound. thats ok. game doesnt encode it into AVI . have just found it out (thx to Ulead)
3- you mentioned about 3 methods but i need a bit more detail about their usage. can you post a source or tell an example? (though i cant get the ut2vote admin screen)
(i know these are simple questions. i have authority to chage game rules and everything, but i havent athority to restart the server application. i have to do every move carefully. )

@Razza
you mean i record sound in the second place via some program else while watching demo? or is there a way code Demos into AVIs rather than the game itself?

and thx for help.
Unread 31st May, 2005, 05:40 PM
Rampage

Quote:
1- hmm. this mutator is not in admintool. i think we should add it. where can i get it?
A note to the wise this may be a handy mutator because it will allow you to set a numer for maximum demorecords before an admin needs to react and you will be sure that your hard disk won't get completly full. On the other hand you can also add it to a special Clan match setup so it will always record those precious Clan wars.
DemoRecord4 Homepage(http://unreal.co.za/proasm/demorec4.html)

Quote:
3- you mentioned about 3 methods but i need a bit more detail about their usage. can you post a source or tell an example? (though i cant get the ut2vote admin screen)
  1. If you use UT2Vote then if you log in as admin then you can acces the admin button from the vote menu and there you can press DemoRec (it's a button just at the bottom) if you can't click it try looking to enable it trough one of the options above it.
    When you use this option it will only record from the moment you pressed the button until the match has ended.
    For more info about UT2vote check there homepage

here you can look at what i mean, here the button is dasabled but you can enable it by disableing the option right above it (this is the screen when you press the admin button from the vote menu)
  2. In UTComp it is an option (it can be controlled through the webadmin) and when you enable it, it will just start to record the next match that comes up until you disable it (it will go until the end off the match off course).
    Homepage UTComp (http://ut2004.gameamp.com/ut2004/viewUtcomp)
  3. There is a console command that you can use to start recording a demo from UT2k4 like you did before I suppose but I don't know if they work trough the console from the webadmin. Why not give it a try
    Demo Commands
    DEMOPLAY [demoname] - Plays the specified demo
    DEMOREC [demoname] - Records a demo using the demoname you type
    STOPDEMO - Stop recording a demo
  4. This works a bit like the option from UTComp but you have to add it to the command line so it just starts recording until you remove it
    Add this to your command line to use this option,
    Starts a server-side demo recording. ?Demorec=nameofdemo

So now I think that it's a bit more clear to you now and I've also tried to explain how they work so that you can choose the ony that fits your needs.

Second, now I understand what you mean't.
For the standart webadmin (only one admin) I don't have any idea anymore it has been to long but for the advanced webadmin you can acces it from webadmin by pressing the latest link from the webadmin (I think it has something with acces policies in it) and there you can browse users and after selecting the user you want at the bottom of the page there is a box with the password
For the standart webadmin i know that the admin password is the one that you enterd in the ini or provided through the command line but i don't know if you can edit it from the webadmin in this case

Last edited by Brainkiller : 31st May, 2005 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Adding answer to second question
Unread 31st May, 2005, 07:35 PM
Dominating

By default I think most sound cards are set up to record thru the microphone.
So you'll need to go into the sound card's mixer to set it to record digital
audio.. or if you have a sound blaster, 'what u hear' will work.

Some programs will encode both video and audio.. some just video.
So it all depends on which program you are using. It would be best to
refer to the programs documentation and help files.

For an overall good tutorial on this by Gold Gummibear ....

http://www.visualforces.com/ut/index.html

I'll try to find a more detailed example of how to select the proper sound
source input.. if you have your sound cards documentation it would
be best to refer to that.
Unread 31st May, 2005, 11:53 PM
Unstoppable

@Brainkiller
Thanks you a lot . those should do it

@ Razza
i am much intersted in video formats and those works, it wont be a problem to record sound via sound card. i can menage it. but there is something i didnt understand;
you mean, there are programs that code directly from ut2004 demo to avi files, or programs to work on avi files? (i hope those are "demo to avi" )
and thanks for help again.
Unread 1st June, 2005, 09:23 AM
Dominating

Not exactly 'directly'. The tutorial will give you a better idea.

But basically you run the demo and record what the screen is displaying.
You can use Fraps for this which will output to avi.
These files are usually quite large depending on the length. Sometimes up
to 1 gb every few minutes. So you need to make sure you have enough
disk space before you start. Defragging the drive before you start is a
good idea as well. So after you're done with that... then you use another
program ( Virtual Dub for example ) to compress/convert the file to a
more managable size using divx or xvid codecs.

If you're going to be recording the audio as well.. it's best to have a program
that records both audio and video at the same time. Using seperate programs
might not keep them in sync.

When you're converting the file you should also convert the audio to an mp3
codec which Virtual Dub can do as well. The audio will be approximately
10 mb per minute or more depending if it's stereo or not.

Last edited by Razza : 1st June, 2005 at 09:36 AM.
Unread 1st June, 2005, 11:14 PM
Unstoppable

ok . got it . thanks you two a lot. there is not much people have knowledge about those. and some have, and havent got ability to write it here. thanks again.
Unread 2nd June, 2005, 06:35 AM
Rampage

Well I'm glad to help and didn't knew there were only so little people that could answer your questions
Unread 9th July, 2013, 12:38 AM
Forum Newcomer

Hi guys! I'm setting my server for clanbase so I wanted to use some automatic demorec mutator.

ProAsm's DemoRecord 4.2 is cool, but since it's a server actor it will work for every mode. In the same time I need it as a mutator so that i'll use it only for TAM and other gametypes will use the UTComp's demorec feature which is more suitable because it starts only after warmup.

Maybe some of u have a previous version of DemoRecord which wasn't a serveractor? I've googled for it, but no results..

Thanks!