You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 3 > UT3 Server - Windows Specific

Unread 17th April, 2008, 06:33 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default Missing Cached Shader

Hi all I am wondering if someone else has run into and or overcome this issue. I start up my dedicated server on an older machine and when I join the match I get the countdown to start then there is a long pause then I lose my connection. During this time the serverlog records "Missing cached Shader map for material ... and there are like 20 of them all having to do with custom characters. The issue is my connection times out and I (and any other players) get kicked. Once it gets through the list of missing cached shaders you can reconnect and start the match and everything is peachy. It only seems to happen on the very first match. Is the problem simply that because I am running on an older machine that it's taking too long to cache the missing shaders and therefore causing the time out or is there something I can do or configure that will help me around this? If anyone has some words of wisdom on this please, please let me know.
Unread 1st July, 2009, 02:24 AM
Forum Newcomer

:Bump:
I am having the same problem. This is the first time I've ever seen this too. It is a non terrain based map, I have 195 custom materials, I get 195 errors
Log: Missing cached shader map for material Table_Cloth_F_Mat
Just like that one. It takes the server 195 seconds to load the map every day when it is first voted.

People time out and loose connection. Any ideas? How the heck to I get these missing shaders to not be missing?