You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > Server Admins Open Forum

Unread 4th December, 2003, 01:11 AM
Folk

On my server, I alternate between CSHP (the last version) and UTPure6E. The logic behind this is that I *think* there isn't an aimbot that works against both CSHP and UTPure at the same time, so I should catch cheaters at the random 'switch'. Is my thinking correct on this, or are there aimbots that work against all forms of cheat protection simultaneously?
Unread 4th December, 2003, 02:23 AM
pizzaboy79

sorry, but i really doubt you're not blocking many people by doing that. they'll probably keep on cheating normally unless it's a comonly known public one, then they both stop it either way.
Unread 5th December, 2003, 12:59 AM
Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy79
sorry, but i really doubt you're not blocking many people by doing that. they'll probably keep on cheating normally unless it's a comonly known public one, then they both stop it either way.
I don't hold any illusion that I'm blocking cheaters with this method. I'm asking if there are aimbots that can work on both CSHP and UTPure simultaneously, or would a cheater have to also switch cheats when I switch from one to the other. I'm more interested in this methods ability to identify, rather than stop a cheater.
Unread 6th December, 2003, 02:55 AM
pizzaboy79

well most cheats that work on PURe will also work on CSHP, unless they are specifically blocked.
Unread 6th December, 2003, 05:31 AM
Hoser

I believe that PURE is an advanced form of CSHP. When CSHP hit the release 4z, it was used as the basis for the first PURE release. So what you are essentially doing is using that latest PURE, and a really old version of PURE. I am not completely sure about this, but thats what I think is the relationship between CSHP and PURE.

Hose
Unread 4th January, 2004, 03:21 PM
PotLuck

Actually, if you read the readme that comes with (AT least) one of the bot packages, it states that it WILL NOT work without Pure installed.

I can recall one suspect player that showed at the server and saw CSHP load and just didn't play for a bit. He finally commented that the server was running with CSHP. He then decided to play and his once exceptional aim was pitiful.

I think that switching, as you mentioned, would make some look for older bots that would work without Pure. You might catch some on the switch back to Pure.

I'm not sure if all the bots require PURE however.
Unread 4th January, 2004, 06:45 PM
pizzaboy79

but there still are bots that work without PURE, so you could not rely on this sort of switch
Unread 4th January, 2004, 07:26 PM
Folk

Quote:
but there still are bots that work without PURE, so you could not rely on this sort of switch
No, that's actually the point. If they switch to an older bot then they get caught when the server switches back to 6E.
Unread 4th January, 2004, 09:28 PM
pizzaboy79

then they switch to their pure bot
Unread 5th January, 2004, 03:14 AM
Folk

Quote:
then they switch to their pure bot
They can switch to anything they like at that point, because I have already identified them as a cheater when they entered a 6E server with an older bot. At least that's the hope and that's why I asked the question in the first place..... is there a bot that works universally? I guess no one knows.
Unread 5th January, 2004, 04:26 AM
pizzaboy79

unless you go farther and use something like NBSP or RAWRz, elfradar 3.0 works on both i believe
Unread 5th January, 2004, 11:43 AM
]KiK[-NuFF$@iD

RAW any version its core is 12 months old.the radar u spoke of will pass straight through it. stay away from it."buggy".

The one id definatly go for would be NBSP or a version simular by either suck or just_me from this site. they are kept up to date . dunno if they will give it you to use though.

if u are lucky enough to have a windows based server id also run qvalidate103 along with one of those mods i mentioned above.

i would of chose pure but since theres no updates in ages i must also say avoide it .

what happened to UTPure RC6f?.
Unread 7th January, 2004, 05:09 AM
Suckage

i believe UTPURE decided they would wait for UTPG in the new 'MD5' patch before updating.