You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > Server Admins Open Forum

Unread 1st August, 2002, 10:32 PM
puntloos

I've been talking this over with a few clanmembers and they all seem to agree.. Wouldn't it be nice to not only have Rampages (godlikes etc) be announced but also Multikills, monsterkills etc?

Maybe all double or even multikills would be announced, but people really are proud of ultra or monsterkills they make, shouldn't they be awarded by receiving a bit of glory by confronting others with this as well?

Anyone know if this is easy to implement?
Unread 7th August, 2002, 06:34 PM
Flak

Yeah that would be cool as hell... as long as we don't get the M M M M M M M M M at the beginning and the kill kill kill kill kill kill at the end... that would get old pretty fast
Unread 7th August, 2002, 08:45 PM
Xx Badblood xX

My preference would be no sound effect and no large text... instead... put it in the chat scroller and make it white text or something. It would be cool, but not cool to the point that I want it to take up much space on my screen

Example:

Ba[db]lood electrified Flak with his Enhanced Shock Rifle
Ba[db]lood electrified puntloos with his Enhanced Shock Rifle

(Have the script wait for a timeout so that only one message is displayed per kill sequence)
Ba[db]lood got a Double Kill!
Unread 7th August, 2002, 09:09 PM
puntloos

Well the effect would be configurable if I had the choice. I mean haha it's funny but if you ask me 'what do you -actually- see when someone else makes a godlike?'

I have no clue!

But I do know that if Id build it, indeed things like 'double kills' shouldn't be pasted over someone's screen in big blinking letters, but a monsterkill, well I think I could get over that being shouted out in big letters with audio effects

But well if someone would actually make this mod *HINT* I suggest they just configure the displaytype per situation.

doublekill - white, scrolltext
multikill - red, scrolltext
ultrakill - white, middle of screen
monsterkill - white, middle of screen audio

would prolly be what I would do

but hey

doublekill, white, middle of screen,audio
multikill, white, middle of screen,audio
ultrakill, white, middle of screen,audio
monsterkill, white, middle of screen,audio

Is an option, if the server admin wants this
Unread 22nd August, 2002, 04:03 PM
]KiK[-NuFF$@iD

dident TNSe make a reporterbot that spammed that info on the clients machine that it was installed on. cant see it being to hard to port the code over to serverside .only thing i suggest is changing the display from centre of screen to more closer to the top so when it announces its not in the way of your cross or view.

Only thing im not sure of is utPure may disable the display of it.maybe TNSe when he has a spare moment could comment on it as it sounds pretty cool .
Unread 23rd August, 2002, 12:55 PM
TNSe

It is possible to make.
Unread 25th August, 2002, 04:02 PM
puntloos

I'm sure it's also possible to make a mod that allows you to play Archon with UT.

(Hey, dang that actually is a good idea! You guys remember the old Amiga game Archon? It would sortof be like chess with different pieces with different powers, and when you actually attack an enemy piece the game turned arcade and the two pieces had to fight an arena battle to the death.)

Attacking the queen with your pawn would be equivalent in UT terms to have a guy with maximum fatness and an enforcer attacking someone with all relics and the redeemer

Ahem, back on track..

Possible, but WILL YOU DO IT FOR US? (aww please? Pretty please? *smiles sweetly*)
Unread 3rd September, 2002, 09:42 PM
BUGGED

Doesn't JoltDemoEnchancer2 do this after loading it from modmenu ?
I mean even during actual game/spectating, not only when watching demos.
-
And speaking of JDE2, does anyone know how to bind it and also SpecFix to a key for activating them?

It is a bit annoying to go to the menu always, especialy if one has many mods & mutators installed.
I read somewhere, that there was way to make JDE2 always enabled by editing ini like that:
[Engine.DemoRecDriver]
DemoSpectatorClass=Botpack.CHSpectator
changed to
DemoSpectatorClass=JoltDemoEnhancer2.DECHSpectator
but that does not seem to work always IMO.
Unread 3rd September, 2002, 11:29 PM
TNSe

Quote:
Originally posted by BUGGED
DemoSpectatorClass=JoltDemoEnhancer2.DECHSpectator  
but that does not seem to work always IMO.
It will only work for serverside demos...

Hopefully demo manager 3.0 will have fixes for this & that and even that this that that too.
Unread 6th September, 2002, 02:50 PM
[JUDGE]Dredd

The hardest part would be for ba(db)lood to actually get a double kill.........
Unread 7th September, 2002, 05:55 AM
rifleisgod

all those annoucements would be too spammy. especially on a 32 player server that you run.
Unread 19th September, 2002, 05:31 AM
TNSe

I finally took myself the time to make this monsterkill announcer...

Here ya go..

http://www.midnightinteractive.com/forums/...attachmentid=47
Unread 19th September, 2002, 05:36 AM
puntloos

You are my HERO!

Id ask you to marry me but.. well anyway. *runs off to try it* (and gah, it's 6:30 am here)
Unread 19th September, 2002, 05:37 AM
TNSe

Just make sure you redownload it, I had a small bug in the first version I uploaded, it didn't count telefrags & craters etc.
Unread 19th September, 2002, 06:00 AM
puntloos

OK will do.

(Im posting on UT2003 forums now, trying a last effort to get them to include the sniper rifle. Will put it in in 5 mins)

Request for next version (if any): a little configurability in how it reports to other players Im sure some admins consider your way too loud, or too silent!
Unread 19th September, 2002, 06:04 AM
TNSe

The only config in it atm is when it starts broadcasting. Not much more should be needed.
Unread 19th September, 2002, 06:25 AM
puntloos

And it works just fine!

Well, needed - nothing - room for improvement:

1- Configurable report size, i.e. how big (letter size, sound?) the reports should be
2- Perhaps make it wait with announcing until its sure, i.e. wait until the timer runs out to announce something is a -something- kill. (this might be tricky)

But, as said, it works, thanks again!
Unread 19th September, 2002, 06:47 AM
puntloos

Oh and you havent included code to check for multikills caused by the skull relic.

Hmm or does it? Its not quite clear.. sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't? *boggle*
Unread 19th September, 2002, 06:49 AM
TNSe

Did you test with newest, or with the first one. First one won't register some deaths/kills.

Originally, The client decides if it is Multikills or not, so if you kill yourself, the server might not think its a multikill, but the client will
Unread 19th September, 2002, 07:05 AM
puntloos

I installed the one I downloaded after your message the first one was broke, so it should be the right one.
And indeed it doesnt register all multikills
(or double, ultra..), most notably I've played a few very small maps with 16 players and a skull that took out (easy to check) 4 people got no mention.

You sure you sent the right version to your server? Anyway, it works for normal 'skill' multikills so actually I don't mind this bug much