You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > Server Admins Open Forum

Unread 5th September, 2002, 10:55 AM
Hercky

Hi Admins

I am an admin of a server too. And a very newbie in this business. Now I want to know how you look for the Cheat Log where you can see who have cheated or have been kicked.

Next I want to know the keybinds for this:

1. Teamdeathmatch Pro: 8 players, 20 timelimit, no fragglimit, with amp, shield, invisibility, and other powerups, without redeemer, teambalance on and force respawn, friendly fire 100%, weapon stay off.

2. Teamdeathmatch Classic: You know what should be on, me not.

3. 1on1 DM: 15 Fraglimit, 20 Timelimit, weaponstay on, all powerups, without redeemer.

Thank you guys in advance.
Unread 5th September, 2002, 10:13 PM
Hercky

Does anybody has these keybinds on their User.ini? Please Please.. share it with me.
Unread 6th September, 2002, 03:00 AM
malmhead

I have not tested if this is what you are looking for but, if this works, you probably want something like

b=set class var val | set class var val | set class var val ...

I took this from a website a very long time ago, and I don't know the source, sorry if i do not acredit you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADVANCED ADMIN COMMANDS
These commands actually alter the .ini file (server settings file), so use them carefully -- if you don't type them exactly, bad things can happen!
All commands that change the .ini file use the "set" command, which requires a very specific format:

ADMIN SET {CLASS} {VARIABLE} {VALUE}

where

{class} = the class of settings (overall game engine or a specific game type)
{variable} = the particular setting you want to change
{value} = the new value you want to assign to that variable.

RELEVANT CLASSES:

Engine.GameInfo: overall game settings that affect any type of game (i.e., maximum number of players allowed on the server)

Botpack.CTFGame: settings that are only relevant to CTF games (i.e., maximum team score, time limit for CTF games, tournament mode, etc.)

UTServerAdmin.UTServerAdmin: settings for UT's built-in web server administration

RELEVANT VARIABLES FOR CLASSES, AND THEIR POSSIBLE VALUES:
[NOTE: many of these can be set in either "Engine.GameInfo" or in the individual game type (e.g. "Botpack.CTFGame"). Engine settings are global and will affect all game types unless you change them for a particular game type. Individual game type settings only affect that game type.]

[Engine.GameInfo]

AdminPassword {pw} [the console admin password]

AutoAim {#.######} [the number here, from 0.0 to 1.0, is the degree of "auto-aim" assistance provided by the server for those not using MouseLook. A setting of 1.0 is the most accurate, 0.0 provides no aiming assistance]

bAllowFOV {True or False} ["True" allows players to change their field of view; "False" prevents FOV changes]

bBatchLocal {True or False} [unsure]

bClassicDeathMessages {True or False} ["True" uses the original UT death messages; "False" uses the newer ones]

bCoopWeaponMode {True or False} ["True" means that each player can only get a weapon once per life, and weapons don't respawn]

bHumansOnly {True or False} ["True" only allows humans to play, and disables both monster-bot summoning, and "human bot" summoning (see "Fun Admin Commands," below]

bLocalLog {True or False} ["True" enables local ngstats logging, if installed.]

bLowGore {True or False} ["True" uses the "low gore" feature of UT so that deaths are not as bloody]

bMuteSpectators {True or False} ["True" prevents spectators from communicating with other players]

bNoCheating {True or False} ["True" prevents cheat modes]

bNoMonsters {True or False} ["True" prevents monster summoning (in other words, only allows human players, bots and spectators, if enabled)]

bVeryLowGore {True or False} ["True" uses the "very low gore" feature of UT]

bWorldLog {True or False} ["True" enables global ngWorldstats logging, if installed.]

DemoBuild {#} [unsure]

DemoHasTuts {#} [unsure]

bExternalBatcher {True or False} [unsure]

GameSpeed #.###### [The "speed" of the game -- 1.000000 is the default; higher numbers are faster]

FragLimit {#} [# of frags to win the game -- leave blank for CTF]

FriendlyFireScale {#.#} [sets degree of friendly fire: .3 = 30%]

GamePassword {pw} [the password for players to connect to the server]

GameSpeed {#.#} [sets game speed: 1 = normal; 1.3 = 130%]

InitialBots # [# is the minimum number of initial bots the server will provide if there aren't enough humans to meet "MinPlayers"]

MaxPlayers {#} [maximum # of players allowed on the server (not including spectators) -- NOTE: if in Tournament mode, UT waits until "MaxPlayers" is reached to start the game. A recommendation: set "MaxPlayers" to 2 x "MaxTeamSize"]

MaxSpectators {#} [number of spectators allowed -- remember that spectators take up bandwidth, too]

MinPlayers {#} [minimum # of players for game -- NOTE: bots will fill up until MinPlayers # is reached. If in Tournament mode, UT will wait for human players until MinPlayers is reached. A recommendation: set "MinPlayers" to 2 x "MaxTeamSize."]

ServerLogName=name.log [allows you to change the file being used to log server activity]

[Botpack.CTFGame]

bBalanceTeams {True or False} ["True" means that the server balances teams as people enter the game]

bForceRespawn {True or False} ["True" automatically respawns players after death; "False" waits until they click the "fire" button]

bMultiWeaponStay {True or False} [unsure]

bNoTeamChanges {True or False} [prevents players from switching teams]

bPlayersBalanceTeams {True or False} [at the beginning of each new game, the server distributes high-scoring players from previous game across teams]

bTournament {True or False} ["True" turns tournament mode on -- the server will wait until the "MaxPlayers" number of humans is reached before the game will start]

bUseTranslocator {True or False} ["True" includes the Translocator in games]

FragLimit {#} [I have never seen this used in CTF, but you can set the server so that a game ends when the FragLimit is reached]

FriendlyFireScale {#.######} [The degree of "friendly fire" -- 0.000000 is no friendly fire; 1.000000 is full damage]

GoalTeamScore {#} [# of flag captures to win -- blank to play by time limit only]

InitialBots {#} [# of bots to automatically enter the game -- if you don't specify a #, the server will use the MinPlayers setting to fill up. Set this to "0" for matches]

MaxCommanders {#} [unsure]

MaxTeams {always 2 for CTF} [number of teams]

MaxTeamSize {#} [maximum # of players per team -- NOTE: if in Tournament mode, UT waits until "MaxTeamSize" is reached to start the game.]

TimeLimit {# of minutes} [time length of game]

[UWeb.Webserver]

bEnabled {True or False} [enables/disables remote admin webserver -- requires a level change to take effect]

[UTServerAdmin.UTServerAdmin]

AdminUsername {web admin username} [sets username for remote web admin]

AdminPassword {web admin password} [sets password for remote web admin]

EXAMPLES:

If you wanted to turn on Tournament mode in a CTF game, you would type the following command into the console (after logging in as administrator):

admin set Botpack.CTFGame bTournament True

If you wanted to change the time limit of a CTF game to 20 minutes, you would type the following command:

admin set Botpack.CTFGame TimeLimit 20

If you wanted to change the maximum number of players on the server to 10, you would type the following command:

admin set Engine.GameInfo MaxPlayers 10

If you want to see what an .ini file looks like, the link below will ask you how you would like your server set up, and will then create an .ini file for you. This is helpful because it allows you to see how point-and-click server settings are manifested in the .ini file:
http://www.free-source.com/theadminpage/step1.php3

NOTE: If you change a value in game-specific settings (e.g. for Botpack.CTFGame) that also exists in Engine.GameInfo, UT will change the setting in both places. Unfortunately, this means that if you later change game types (e.g. to DeathMatch), you'll have to change every setting that you want to be different than CTF. That sounds confusing, so here's an example: if you change MaxPlayers in the Botpack.CTF section, it will also be changed in the Engine.GameInfo section. If you later switch the game type to Botpack.DeathMatchPlus, MaxPlayers will be set to the CTF setting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GETTING CURRENT SETTINGS
If you would like to find out what the current server settings are, you can use the "get" command. The get command uses the exact same format as the "set" command described above, except without the variable value on the end:

ADMIN GET {CLASS} {VARIABLE}

So, for example, to find out what the time limit of a CTF game is currently set to, you would type the following command:

admin get Botpack.CTFGame TimeLimit

The console would then display the current time limit in minutes.

The downside to getting server settings via the console is that you can only view a single setting at a time. In addition, since you can set a variable to its current value, it is often faster to just use the set command to configure a particular variable, rather than checking to see if you need to change it first, and then changing it. However, there are times when you just want to query the server to see what a particular variable is set to -- the get command is perfect for this.
Unread 6th September, 2002, 11:21 AM
Hercky

*g* You gave me more than I expected. Thank you veeeery much!