You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTAN > General Chat

Unread 10th November, 2006, 03:38 AM
Forum Newcomer

Default Major Botting Problem

Hey everyone.
Slight problem:
The following server is so over infested with botters it's unbelievable.

XTR@EM East Coast - 20 slots - 30mn
Ip: 64.90.230.38:5120

It's an demo instagib ctf server on which botters go simply because it has no decent admins. Basically if you go on it, you are bound to find at least one cheater on at all times. Many of the botters are from one organized clan called °éS*. This is a group of known cheaters and I have demos of them botting to prove it. I want to know if there is anything UTAN can do about this problem as these people are a general nuissance to anyone who wants to just play and have fun with it. They also have come on my clan's servers and made an annoyance of themselves. They have been banned time and time again but there is really no getting rid of them all.

http://www.uploading.com/files/A0E8C...ers.demo4.html
http://www.uploading.com/files/ZEHGX...ers.demo4.html
http://www.uploading.com/files/Q0G3Q...er2.demo4.html

If anyone's interested in seeing these people, those are links to 3 of the demos I took.
Unread 10th November, 2006, 03:50 AM
Dominating

Demo servers have no good way to ban players, and no ability to run any anti-cheat. Buy the full game for $10.00, and if you own the full game, go play in a retail server.
Unread 10th November, 2006, 01:51 PM
Banned

Would you rather have them on demo servers or full servers?
Unread 10th November, 2006, 01:53 PM
Unstoppable

cough*places bomb in server*cough

cough*presses big red button*cough
Unread 10th November, 2006, 05:09 PM
out of order

Don't complain about demo servers - they suck by design.
Unread 10th November, 2006, 05:11 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadisticmonky View Post
I want to know if there is anything UTAN can do about this problem as these people are a general nuissance to anyone who wants to just play and have fun with it.
Demo servers don't support mods. UTAN is a mod.
Unread 13th November, 2006, 11:55 PM
Rampage

I agree, keep them on the demo servers, else I'd have no one to own.

If ya see any then send them over to Jolt demo server and I'll give them some british beef on a plate and hand there bots back to them on it aswell!

This is a War we all have to do are bit in and I just love mine!
Unread 16th November, 2006, 12:01 PM
Forum Newcomer

Angry

How does it come I missed that thread?
Meaby cuz of our main preoccupation,server advertisement
http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=18257
Thx to the one who initiated this Major Botting Problem thread,meaby he is reponsible in a part of the non-advertisement due to the bad publicity he made of the server,in case of an advertisement blocked by Epic.
As u said:
Quote:
They have been banned time and time again but there is really no getting rid of them all.
Why inputing us a trouble urself ain't able to fix?

@sadisticmonky
That server,when advertised was populated night and day.
That's kinda logic u'll find more cheaters on it than on a server which is populated only a few hours a day.
What should a 'decent' admin do when he joins the server,15 players on it,9 blatantly botting,the 10th asking for a link to a bot,one of the 5 spawnkilled others telling:
brb gonna reinstall my 'insert name of a bot here'
what should have I done,ban 11 of the 15 players?
I rebooted server and told:
Lay low with the botting thing or server gonna get closed.
Worked for a couple of hours.

@Sgt.Muffin,Azura
True,no way to ban,run anticheat or install UTAN
Some people follow ur suggestion Muffin,they buy the retail version,try to find a populated server,find none (most of the full version servers are empty or with a few players) and go back to the most populated servers: on the demo!

@Wormbo
Demo servers suck by design
True.Epic doesn't want the demo servers beiing protected,why in this case would potential customers buy the retail version?
What they forgot is why potential customers would spend 10 buckets to buy an already 2 years and a half old game?
When the best maps and gametypes are already in the demo?
When it's so easy to find a link to DL a bot to kill the botters.

@humacyrnus
Bomb?red button?
Nice suggestions m8
A bit late tho,server already destroyed once by virus upload and near daily target of DOS attacks.

@EpicGames,mr abuse
It would be kind from u if u gave a reply to our mails asking if server advertisement has been blocked or if we have to look for a technical issue.
If u have blocked server,remember serveradmins have no real way to fight cheats and hacks and spend time and sometimes money to run servers for the UT community.
They are in any way responsible of that "Major Botting Problem"

How does it come we run a demoserver?
Cuz we prefer running a full (of players) demo server than an empty (matter of players) full version server.
Unread 16th November, 2006, 09:30 PM
Killing Spree

dude, demoservers suck, . Theres nothing good about them, usually 1 map, 1 gametype, and they cost like $30 a month, you can get a much better deal AND be able to modify your server. The botters go in there because ther is no protection. I am surprised there are still Demoservers out there, i mean the game is 2 years old, as R@zor said. I think Epic should kill off the demoservers. And, btw, R@zor, there are many regular servers with people in them. Just look around.

The only way to catch a botter in a demoserver is either email Epic and tell them, and they find the GUID, or lure them into a server with AntiTCC and take the GUID and IP and send them to Epic to ban their Cd key. Of course, Epic doesnt have the time for this, they are about to release the demo of UT2007 and they dont have time for UT2004 anymore. . I hope epic includes some form of anti-cheat that comes out of the box with every game and server.

All in all, this cant be stopped.

(Made by me )
Unread 17th November, 2006, 05:31 PM
Forum Newcomer

If we had thought a full version iCTF server would have been as populated as a demo one,we would have run it.

One year ago there was a full FaceClassic server,i4games which was full nite and day,u had to wait in spec mode to get a slot.Now this server is empty.It's an antitcc protected server.
<SLAR> clan runs both a very nice retail server with a cool mut named relics.
It had players a few monthes ago,now its empty.On the opposite<SLAR> demo servers has many players.
Arena51 runs both demo servers in CTF,populated,and full servers in iCTF,nobody there.
Viper has demo servers wih players and retail versions servers,empty.

If it wasn't sad we could say full is empty.

The fact is full version servers are loosing players when demo servers still attract new players everyday.
Everyday there are newcomers asking how to use adrenalin or which is the key to toggle the trans camera.
The demo is still very well rated:
http://games.softpedia.com/get/Games...004-Demo.shtml
Meaby the demo should have been killed,but now it's too late.
Demo has won the timebattle versus full.
Meaby because demo is in itself a very good game.

About reporting GUIDS to Epic,u often report someone using a stolen key,who doesn't care of a masterserver ban cuz he has hundred keys or more in stock,but the legal owner of the key is banned too and has to buy again the game.
Same story for UTAN bans.
Unread 30th November, 2006, 02:47 AM
Rampage

Its too bad you guys care anymore, because Epic obviously doesnt. Just move on to a different game where their arent as many blatant botters, till 2k7 comes out. Atleast thats what I'm doing.
Unread 8th December, 2006, 01:50 AM
Rampage

U know a game cos I'm up for a cheat free'ish game.
Sometimes I wish I was back in the Doom1 days when I was too n00b in fps games to realise who was cheating, igorance is bliss sometimes.

Also I was serious about the other game question.