You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > Server Admins Open Forum

Unread 15th August, 2002, 01:08 AM
Spacedebris

a thousand thank you's from my clan and I. Works perfect. Thank you.
Unread 15th August, 2002, 03:27 AM
]KiK[-NuFF$@iD

Hi i cant get BanHappy to work on my server.i start the server up with default settings no mutators or anything ,but when u entre server after a short time b4 the game actually starts u get kicked and cannot rejoin. when i looked in logs it says

IPBanning CTF-Face . IPBanning0 Function BanHappy.IPBanning.Cleanbans. 0028 Accesed array out of bounds.

It says that message over and over untill i shut the server down .also no one can connect whilst this is happening. I do have 50 bans on server @ the moment and some are of type .* ie " 223.67.789.* " i am wondering does BanHappy support those types of bans ? .
Unread 15th August, 2002, 04:05 AM
]KiK[-NuFF$@iD

Forgot to say if i get it to work its certanly a cool mod thnx
Unread 18th August, 2002, 05:00 AM
DarkByte

Quote:
Originally posted by ]KiK[-NuFF$@iD
Hi i cant get BanHappy to work on my server.i start the server up with default settings no mutators or anything ,but when u entre server after a short time b4 the game actually starts u get kicked and cannot rejoin. when i looked in logs it says

IPBanning CTF-Face . IPBanning0 Function BanHappy.IPBanning.Cleanbans. 0028 Accesed array out of bounds.

It says that message over and over untill i shut the server down .also no one can connect whilst this is happening. I do have 50 bans on server @ the moment and some are of type .* ie " 223.67.789.* " i am wondering does BanHappy support those types of bans ? .
It supports all types of ban, i think i know what the issue is, try making it 49 and see if it bugs again. I'll fix that here.
Unread 18th August, 2002, 06:40 AM
DarkByte

Well .. the files on my ftp has been updated, just resync.

I've had this one tested (sorry, no time for me to test it) and it was working, so this should finally be a real happy version

Sorry for all the troubles with those untested versions.

And here is the attachment too.
Unread 18th August, 2002, 03:39 PM
]KiK[-NuFF$@iD

Thnx DarKbyte for the update ill go and try it now
Unread 19th August, 2002, 11:25 AM
]KiK[-NuFF$@iD

Yo back again Banhappy worked great im happy to say.
i have a couple of questions though ,here they are

1.people banned can still enter as a specc it doesent ban them only when they enter as a player is this normal ?
2.i tryed putting some peeps on accept in the banhappy.ini that it created but they still cant enter server ,im wondering do i have to restart the server for changes to take effect .

Thats the only 2 things i know about just thought id share them

Nice mod though im well happy
Unread 19th August, 2002, 07:38 PM
DarkByte

1) I'm not 100% sure about that one, i'll have to check the code, but from the tip of my nose, i'd say they should not be able to get in. Weird.

2) Yes, you have to restart the server if you manually edit the ban list.
Unread 19th August, 2002, 10:00 PM
]KiK[-NuFF$@iD

It definatly lets them on server as a specc but thats no big issue they realy cant affect the game. Anothere thing i found out also was if u have say 222.222.222.* banned and its been transfered into the banhappy.ini that it creates ,when u set anothere person say with ip 222.222.222.51 on accept @ remote admin ,cause u dident intend to ban that player but needed the ban with the .* on it doesent worck they stay banned .

Banhappy overides remote admin even though u may set an ip to accept if theres a * ban on u have to shut server down and add the ip u want to have acces to your server to the banhappy.ini then restart server.

sounds a pain and it is but i stil say its worth having the mod running .i wouldent go back to just the 50 bans ut limits u to.

thnx darkbyte for your help I know u are very bussy with othere stuff right now but its nice to see u take the time to answer and solve peoples questions good luck with your projects m8 cya
Unread 20th August, 2002, 11:08 AM
DarkByte

Well, the source is part of the .u file, its easy to extract and modify, recompile etc.

If someone finds the courage to do it, he could add a "mutate happyban" and "mutate happyunban" commands
Unread 21st January, 2004, 08:56 PM
Sal

So how is Banhappy working? I've tried it on a linux ut server and it kept crashing the server. Any updates that have addressed that problem?
Unread 22nd January, 2004, 01:31 PM
DeadMeat

An alternative that runs under Linux is OPBan.. does about the same thing. Been running it for over a year without a hickup. You can download it at:

http://www.unrealadmin.org/modules.php?nam...op=getit&lid=78

GL HF
|LCN|DeadMeat
--
To ban or not to ban, that is the question...
Unread 22nd January, 2004, 04:28 PM
Sal

I tried that a while ago as well and it didn't work or was it the interface with webadmin that didn't work... not sure don't remember.

I may give it another go.

Thanks