You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > General Anti-Cheat Discussion

Unread 25th November, 2003, 08:03 PM
0PTIC[A]LVIPER

I know this has absolutly nothing to do with anti cheats, but a **** load of people come through here so maybe someone might know.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to convert ut demos to some kind of media. Either it be avi or mpg, it doesnt matter, just something. Does anyone know of any programs out there that can edit/play around with .dem's? Let me know, please.
Unread 25th November, 2003, 10:33 PM
m33p

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0PTIC[A]LVIPER
I know this has absolutly nothing to do with anti cheats, but a **** load of people come through here so maybe someone might know.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to convert ut demos to some kind of media. Either it be avi or mpg, it doesnt matter, just something. Does anyone know of any programs out there that can edit/play around with .dem's? Let me know, please.
highly highly doubt full.... cause when u watch a movie u can't fly around to map can you? if u ever looked at how a demo works u can go back and watch it like the game is really going on and fly around and few other players.... now what u can do is watch the demo over and used a program like movieunreal or fraps to capture the video movieunreal only gets video and fraps gets sound and video but isn't free...
Unread 25th November, 2003, 10:48 PM
LeeBe

www.fraps.com

can record video and sound upto 1024x768 (paid version)

free version can record video upto 800x600.

seems to work well.
Unread 26th November, 2003, 01:36 AM
Just**Me

MovieUnreal will capture each frame into either jpg's or some other file......not sure at the moment. You can from there convert the jpg's into an avi.
Unread 26th November, 2003, 02:49 AM
Just**Me

http://www.perilith.com/movieunrealplusplus/
Unread 26th November, 2003, 05:24 AM
m33p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just**Me
yeah problem is movieunreal lags your computer SOOOOOOOOOOO bad.... fraps hardly even lowers my fps and its much much easyer to work with
Unread 26th November, 2003, 09:24 AM
^Budozero^

Never heard of fraps, gotta check it out.

MovieUnreal i do know though, the MovieUnreal 2000 can record directly to AVI as well as bmp and I think jpeg. Problem is it wont work under XP (and 2000?) I quickly ran into the 4GB barrier when i used Windows 98.

MovieUnreal++ can not convert directly to AVI, only Bmp and Jpeg, but it works on XP/2000
Unread 26th November, 2003, 12:03 PM
m33p

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Budozero^
Never heard of fraps, gotta check it out.

MovieUnreal i do know though, the MovieUnreal 2000 can record directly to AVI as well as bmp and I think jpeg. Problem is it wont work under XP (and 2000?) I quickly ran into the 4GB barrier when i used Windows 98.

MovieUnreal++ can not convert directly to AVI, only Bmp and Jpeg, but it works on XP/2000
well fraps goes right to avi and works in xp and 2000
Unread 26th November, 2003, 01:47 PM
^Budozero^

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33p
well fraps goes right to avi and works in xp and 2000
...and the demo download is super small
Gonna give it a test tonight, thanks for the link.
Unread 27th November, 2003, 11:24 AM
0PTIC[A]LVIPER

WoW! Fraps is the ****, its so easy. Way easier then movieunreal. Let the Editing begin, heh.
Unread 27th November, 2003, 12:53 PM
^Budozero^

I tried Fraps, its not near as good as it was proclaimed on thier website (for me anyway)
Unread 27th November, 2003, 03:56 PM
m33p

Quote:
I tried Fraps, its not near as good as it was proclaimed on thier website (for me anyway)
hope you enjoy it
Unread 27th November, 2003, 05:01 PM
^Budozero^

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33p
hope you enjoy it
UT was not playable while running fraps, 10-15fps and laggy, I tried on a few quite highspec PC's. Maybe full version is differant, dont know. Anyone try it?
Unread 27th November, 2003, 05:40 PM
LeeBe

Quote:
UT was not playable while running fraps, 10-15fps and laggy, I tried on a few quite highspec PC's. Maybe full version is differant, dont know. Anyone try it?
um

record a demo.... then watch the demo (timebased) and record with fraps.. dont forget to set the fps in fraps
Unread 28th November, 2003, 10:30 PM
^Budozero^

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBe
um

record a demo.... then watch the demo (timebased) and record with fraps.. dont forget to set the fps in fraps
That works, but on the website they proclaim it can be done while playing... that is an overstatement
Unread 30th November, 2003, 01:46 PM
Busted.Bot

http://unframed.brokenpipefilms.com/ums/
Another alternative.