You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > General Anti-Cheat Discussion

Unread 8th August, 2001, 01:00 PM
Squirt

The latest CSHP version that runs with SF is 4r, but in the moment it doesn't detect any cheats I think. There are just a few timeouts sometimes but never a hacked client. My question is when you will have a CSHP40 for SF ready.
I also have another idea for detecting cheaters in a clanwar: You could make a serverside mod where the admin gives a command and the SFUser.ini's of every player are uploaded to the Server. That way the admin could have a look at the .ini file of every player and see if anybody cheatet. I think this should be pretty easy to program and it would make Clanwars cheat-free.
Anyway, I hope that you will make a CSHP for SF soon!

-Squirt
Unread 8th August, 2001, 02:55 PM
DrSiN

We will not be making a SF friendly version of CSHP. Teh source is available so the SF team can implement their own protection.
Unread 8th August, 2001, 05:00 PM
Squirt

thank you for the fast answer.

If anybody knows about a mutator to upload .ini files from other players, please tell me!
Unread 9th August, 2001, 01:03 AM
DrSiN

It's impossible to upload any file without external DLL help.
Unread 9th August, 2001, 05:18 AM
UsAaR33

Quote:
Originally posted by Squirt
thank you for the fast answer.

If anybody knows about a mutator to upload .ini files from other players, please tell me!
Why would you want that?
I could make it, but that would violate my right-to-privacy beliefs...
Unread 9th August, 2001, 06:26 AM
GAmmAwolf

I think he wants it so he can see if they have a key bound to turn on an aimbot and the likes. But, I think that might tend to piss off some people that play with aliases they worked a long time on, and want to keep for themselves.
Unread 9th August, 2001, 01:27 PM
Squirt

Quote:
I could make it, but that would violate my right-to-privacy beliefs...
Yes, of course it's not really ok to download private files from players who want to play anonymously, but maybe I could put a message onto the server that tells all players that they allow me to view their user.ini by playing on the server. I think most people wouldn't really care about it because there is no important information in the user.ini (in this case SFUser.ini). There is just the nickname, keybinds, HUD config, and the EndStats in it. It would only be used to see if a player has bound keys to aimbot/radar aliases. I am the admin of the (EKC) Clanserver (no.1 clan on Clanbase) and I would not give the information to others. Please tell me what you think about it.

-(EKC)Squirt
Unread 9th August, 2001, 01:40 PM
ION Ace

it's pointless, any1 with a bit of knowledge can get around that system, just hexedit (or even use notepad) and btw u can also have a fake sfuser.ini and use another ini file for ur binds or bind exec turnonaimbot.txt etc

Totally pointless, just w8 for sf team to release update, they already fixed it once from what i heard but they had too many bugs in that patch so told every1 to go back to 1.60.
Unread 9th August, 2001, 04:41 PM
Squirt

before somebody can hack it, some cheating clans would get caught...
Well, I hope the SF Team will have a fixed CSHP soon