You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > General Anti-Cheat Discussion

Unread 13th August, 2001, 07:12 PM
Prezident

Well this is not really related to anti-cheating, but I figured this would be a good place to ask this question since CSHP first introduced a feature to change teams using a command.

When playing Tactical Ops I would like to be able to change teams from Terrorists to Special Forces by hitting a certain key that I would have bound to each team. I have been looking high and low for a command that would allow me to do this, but have not been able to find one yet.

If anybody knows if this is possible, and the command to change to a certain team, and maybe even to a preferred uniform with the team (bonus feature here) I would greatly appreciate any information you could pass along.

Thanks to all.
Unread 13th August, 2001, 07:18 PM
2COOL4-U

CSHP doens't support the latest version of TacticalOps
Unread 13th August, 2001, 09:31 PM
Prezident

I am very aware that CSHP doesn't support the latest version of Tactical Ops, and my question is more of just a general question to find out if there is a command to perform this function without the use of CSHP.

Really just curious if there is a command, to which I could bind a key, to change from one team to another.

Who better to ask than the people who invented the team fix command?

To be more specific, I am trying to this without the help of CSHP.
Unread 13th August, 2001, 09:40 PM
LoadedDice

No idea the keybind, I can look into it. I just know you go into UT Player Setup, while playing a game of 2.0, and just change your color from Blue to Red or vice versa.
Unread 14th August, 2001, 01:29 AM
DrSiN

There is no way to do this in default UT. I'm not sure about TacOps. The teamswitch stuff was done by DB and is similar to the team stuff in CTF/e.

Sorry.
Unread 14th August, 2001, 09:43 PM
ION Ace

setteam 0 and setteam 1 would work if epic made it an exec function i think, but they didn't.

only way to do it is to hack some file etc, not recommended
Unread 15th August, 2001, 03:02 PM
QuarkExpress

Forgive my ignorance but this would be a bad thing ... wouldn't it? You could switch sides ... see where the enemy was ... then switch back! Am I missing something here?

QuarkExpress
Unread 15th August, 2001, 04:26 PM
Squirt

yesss........this is an ANTI-cheat forum, not a cheater forum!
Unread 15th August, 2001, 07:50 PM
GAmmAwolf

Bind menucmd 2 1 just like that to a key, this won't change teams automatically but it will take you straight to the player set up page for it instantly, then all you have to do is click the team color and hit escape and your back in game on the other team. Givin the time, I could prolly find a the actual switch team colors command, which if bound correctly, would do it all for you with the press of one key, I have the feeling it may call for a multiple command alias though.
Unread 15th August, 2001, 08:13 PM
DrSiN

Quote:
Originally posted by QuarkExpress
Forgive my ignorance but this would be a bad thing ... wouldn't it?  You could switch sides ... see where the enemy was ... then switch back!  Am I missing something here?

QuarkExpress
This was the thought behind Epic's decision not to allow it. I don't agree with it since while yes it could be used that way, it would be easy to see someone doing it.

I think it would help team balanced a lot (and hence it's in CTF/e) to allow for easy switching.
Unread 15th August, 2001, 10:33 PM
ION Ace

u suicide though when u switch teams, all u gotta do is add in a 2 sec delay like cshp did and all other mods with teamswitch in them.

also the menucmd 2 1 prolly won't work for tac ops sinc eu need to use 'voice menu' to switch teams.
Unread 21st August, 2001, 09:46 PM
Prezident

Yea, I had thought of the menucmd also, but it did not work in TacOps.

I suppose it would be possible to make a mutator that would run on the server that would allow something like this. In TacOps only 1 team change per round is allowed anyway, so that is not really much of a concern.

I am not a programmer though, and don't know how to make a mutator that would do something like this.

Maybe I will find someone who can.

Thanks for the ideas guys.
Unread 21st August, 2001, 11:10 PM
LoadedDice

Quote:
Originally posted by Prezident
I suppose it would be possible to make a mutator that would run on the server that would allow something like this.  In TacOps only 1 team change per round is allowed anyway, so that is not really much of a concern.
Well in TacOps, you can just go in and change your color from Blue to Red and switch teams. Thus by-passing the Voice Menu change teams once limit.
Unread 23rd August, 2001, 04:37 PM
Prezident

Quote:
Originally posted by LoadedDice
Well in TacOps, you can just go in and change your color from Blue to Red and switch teams. Thus by-passing the Voice Menu change teams once limit.
I guess I don't quite follow. How do you change your color without using the voice menu?