You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Front Page > News > UnrealAdmin.org

Unread 31st March, 2005, 07:15 PM
Godlike

Default AntiCheat/Cheat Software Company Formed

In move that shocked the Unreal Tournament world, a new company has been formed that plans to cater to games that want Cheat software and those that want Anti-cheat software. The company named "Unreal Competition, Ltd" has announced that is in serious negotiations with the major developers of both "Bot" software and "Anti-cheat" software.

A spokesman for the company said: "It was just bound to happen, these two areas both have a large consumer demands and long term developers who would like to get paid for their efforts. We plan on supplying the cordinated mass marketing and distribution part of what is an obvious money maker."

When asked to comment if they had plans for acting as a "code go between" for developers on either side of the fence, so that the market never dries up, the spokesman replied... "We plan to follow the AntiVirus companies lead."

For more information see.... www.UnrealCompetition.com

Last edited by elmuerte : 1st April, 2005 at 06:37 AM.
Unread 1st April, 2005, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Might as well post this, people don't except anything usefull this day anyway

Maybe "a spokesman" should have been a real person. For example DrSin leaving Epic and joining up with TNSe to form this company
Unread 1st April, 2005, 02:32 PM
Godlike

Talking

I thought about that but didn't want to risk insulting any of the fine folks that selflessly give their time to do anti cheat software... and DEFINITELY did not want to give anyone on the other side any air time. Plus being from the States, you gotta consider what the law sharks might circle around... after all, we are the place where a couple of teen age girls are getting sued for leaving cookies on the doorstep, ringing the bell, and running....
Unread 1st April, 2005, 08:11 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMeat
The company named "Unreal Competition, Ltd" has announced that is in serious negotiations with the major developers of both "Bot" software and "Anti-cheat" software.
i thought some rich company decided to pay Helios to fight on the anti-cheat side lmao!
Unread 7th April, 2005, 03:29 AM
Forum Newcomer

ack... i thought that by bot sofware it meant bots as in single player bots :/ grr... every game needs bot support

note by bot i mean bots that are used to create single player ai... not cheating bots :|
Unread 27th April, 2005, 02:49 AM
Forum Newcomer

Exclamation losers

I hope these dickheads get their candyasses handed to them on a silver platter by lawsharks, this is rediculous. This company is basically setting themselves up for a lawsuit, listen. A server is a service paid for by a customer through a buisness, a bot is a file edited with out the authors permission not to mention a copyrighted file, so therefore, a bot is pretty much doing two things. Illegally editing a copyrighted file without the authors permission and causing damage to a public server by ruining a service provided to an individual through a buisness by using Illegally edited AND copyrighted files to do so. So in other words, without the permission of Epic games this will basically be an illegal act of coding from what I can gather. I do believe, and call me crazy, but in order to alter or edit an existing product created and published and copyrighted by its authors you have to have permission for the author to do so and the author has to give a percentage of the products sales to the original author. Even if this company, made up of people I have officially added to my "kick their ass" list provides the product for free in an altered state, must still receive permission for the author, or of course risk being sued, that is the law. Unless im crazy.
Unread 27th April, 2005, 02:51 AM
Forum Newcomer

Default OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG YOU SMACKTARDS I JUST CLICKED ON THE LINK! LIES! ITS ALL LIES!!!
Unread 27th April, 2005, 03:07 AM
Godlike

OMG LMAO - thanks for the chuckle.
Unread 27th April, 2005, 06:11 PM
Rampage

omg i thought it was real rofl
Unread 28th April, 2005, 03:14 PM
Killing Spree

haha I did too.. I was horrified!.. then clicked on the link.. haha
Unread 21st September, 2005, 12:18 AM
Killing Spree

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuddenImpact2
I hope these dickheads get their candyasses handed to them on a silver platter by lawsharks, this is rediculous. This company is basically setting themselves up for a lawsuit, listen. A server is a service paid for by a customer through a buisness, a bot is a file edited with out the authors permission not to mention a copyrighted file, so therefore, a bot is pretty much doing two things. Illegally editing a copyrighted file without the authors permission and causing damage to a public server by ruining a service provided to an individual through a buisness by using Illegally edited AND copyrighted files to do so. So in other words, without the permission of Epic games this will basically be an illegal act of coding from what I can gather. I do believe, and call me crazy, but in order to alter or edit an existing product created and published and copyrighted by its authors you have to have permission for the author to do so and the author has to give a percentage of the products sales to the original author. Even if this company, made up of people I have officially added to my "kick their ass" list provides the product for free in an altered state, must still receive permission for the author, or of course risk being sued, that is the law. Unless im crazy.
Ok there is a problem with your statement first off its totaly incorrect just like my spelling and grammar most of the time. Bots don't edit any file from the game. A bot is a independent file and makes no changes to any other file on a system. In a way a bot is almost like a mod. Although looking at it this way causes violation of the EULA in the part that it says that all mods must be free. Therefore selling it would be violate the section of the EULA that states all mods must be free. On top of this if the bot works for demo it violates the section that states that the mod must only work for the retail version of the game. Although speculating this would all be just be in a persons certain point of view. If you noticed like I have I am extremely redundant, ignore it. :|
Unread 21st September, 2005, 11:50 PM
Holy Shit!!

Nice description but a hack may work in conjunction with a tampered game or cheat protection file.

And the person you're alluding to is involved in an illegal practise (miste H ). If someone really wants to cause trouble, they'd contact the Computer Crime Unit in Belgium and give the personal details of so and so, explaining that he's selling illegal software on the net while being a student.

But, you'd have to be a real assh*** to do something like that .

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 22nd September, 2005, 07:23 AM
Holy Shit!!

Is it just me or is the website from helios not longer "available?" Seems to be one weird search site now It says the domain name expired :p
Unread 22nd September, 2005, 11:26 AM
Holy Shit!!

Someone forgot to pay the bills .

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 22nd September, 2005, 12:51 PM
Rampage

i hacked it

Last edited by Sigurd : 30th September, 2005 at 11:58 PM.
Unread 22nd September, 2005, 07:35 PM
Banned

Sigurd is leeter than my uncle but really the domain name expired and you can't access it without the old ip.
Unread 23rd September, 2005, 02:15 AM
Holy Shit!!

Heh, I was just chatting with some friends from oldskool UT and they explained how they brought down the old web site. It's nice to know people who know people who can do that sort of thing.