You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - General Chat

Unread 12th February, 2013, 07:25 PM
Dominating

Default BT Server questions

Hello everyone

I/we're in the process of setting up a simple BunnyTrack server, but we're having a few problems that I hope experienced admin can offer help with (might need to add to this list later).

I expect much of this can be solved simply with the correct .ini file settings, but with so many available, it's not immediately clear what these should be.

So, current issues are:

1) On one map (BT-DM), a whole set of "normal weapons" appear in the spawn areas (a sniper rifle, flak cannon, bio, piston and chainsaw). I've played the map on other servers, and there are *never* any weapons at those locations. Is this a BTPlusPlus settings? Something to remove any occurrence of (non-BTInsta) weapons on any map?

2) The scoring system. I've no idea which component is in control of this. On most of the BT servers I visit, a suicide or death deducts a point. On the server I'm setting up, getting killed does not reduce your score - I've no idea why.
Further, on most BT servers, a cap does not affect your score. On the server I'm setting up, a cap awards 7 points. I've no idea why.

On one server that I visit (just thinking about alternative configurations and where they are controlled from), getting killed does not deduct a point, but a cap awards a huge score - which appears to peak at 2000? I've absolutely no clue where that would be set up.

3-ish) This isn't BT specific. We use Nexgen112 and a MapVote that seems to be a bit obscure. When we use the Game->Mapswitch Nexgen feature, the MapVote no longer works (it doesn't appear when invoked). But MapVoteLA12 (for example) doesn't seem to have this problem. The only reason we've gone with the former over the latter is that our MapVote has a search function which is very helpful with a large number of maps.

I realise this is a vague problem description, but can anyone shed any light on what might be causing this? In addition, are there any other good MapVote's that do have a search feature?

Thank you very much in advance. If it helps, I've posted sections of some of the configuration files below.

UnrealTournament.ini [Engine.GameEngine]
Code:
CacheSizeMegs=4
UseSound=True
ServerPackages=SoldierSkins
ServerPackages=CommandoSkins
ServerPackages=FCommandoSkins
ServerPackages=SGirlSkins
ServerPackages=BossSkins
ServerPackages=Botpack
ServerPackages=BTinsta
ServerPackages=BTPPUser
ServerPackages=BTPlusPlusv0994
ServerPackages=BTPlusPlusv0994_C
ServerPackages=BTCheckPoints
ServerPackages=NexgenPlus100
ServerPackages=NexgenCC
ServerPackages=Nexgen112
ServerPackages=NexgenPlayerLookup112
ServerPackages=NexgenClientsideExtensions112
ServerPackages=NexgenWarn112
ServerPackages=MapVoteCE103
ServerPackages=BunnyTrack2
ServerPackages=IpToCountry_AOL
ServerPackages=CountryFlags2
ServerActors=IpToCountry.LinkActor
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerActors=Nexgen112.NexgenActor
ServerActors=NexgenPlayerLookup112.NexgenPlayerLookup
ServerActors=NexgenServersideExtensions.NSEMain
ServerActors=NexgenPlus100.NXPMain
ServerActors=NexgenWarn112.NexgenWarn
ServerActors=BTCheckPoints.BTCheckPoints
ServerActors=BTPlusPlusv0994.BTPlusPlus
ServerActors=ActorCLP.ActorCLP
BTCheckPoints.ini
Code:
[BTCheckPoints.BTCheckPoints]
bEnabled=True
bSearchForNexgen=True
bSearchForBTpp=True
bDisallowCaps=True
bRemoveCPAfterCap=True
iCPDelay=5
iCPType=1
bAllowInAir=False
bAllowInWater=True
bAllowInWrongZone=False
bAllowOnMovers=False
bAllowOnTeleporters=False
bShowCPOwners=True
bShowCPStatus=True
BTPlusPlus.ini
Code:
[BTPlusPlusv0994.BTPlusPlus]
bEnabled=True
bAutoLoadInsta=True
bMultiFlags=True
bRespawnAfterCap=True
bAntiBoost=True
bBlockBoostForGood=False
bSaveRecords=True
AllowBoostOn=
bNoKilling=True
AllowKillingOn=BT-Colors,BT-1point4megs,BT-i4games,BT-Abomination,BT-Allied
bForceMoversKill=True
ForceMoversKill[0]=Mover0,Mover1,Mover2,Mover5:BT-Maverick
ForceMoversKill[1]=
ForceMoversKill[2]=
ForceMoversKill[3]=
ForceMoversKill[4]=
ForceMoversKill[5]=
ForceMoversKill[6]=
ForceMoversKill[7]=
ForceMoversKill[8]=
ForceMoversKill[9]=
bNoCapSuicide=True
RecordsWithoutBoost=2
bDisableInTournament=True
bCarcasses=True
bGhosts=True
bOnlyABGhosts=True
bDisableInNonBTMaps=True
bFocusBestCapper=True
BoardLabel=
CountryFlagsPackage=CountryFlags2
bNoSpamBinds=True

Last edited by ShaiHulud : 16th February, 2013 at 06:36 PM.
Unread 13th February, 2013, 01:13 PM
Holy Shit!!

You are using an old version of btplusplus try upgrading that. make sure smart ctf is not installed as well.

I would also start the server with btplusplus and btcheckpoints in the server startup command line. not as server actors. OR at least make them first in the actor list. hope that helps a little.
BUNNYTRACK NY

Last edited by qwerty : 13th February, 2013 at 01:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Unread 13th February, 2013, 11:09 PM
Dominating

Thank you very much qwerty I've implemented your suggestions. I didn't realise I could modify the command line arguments (I'm with GameServers), but just discovered that option.

My command line is now:

Code:
./ucc-bin server BT-UnCommon-vF?game=BunnyTrack.BunnyTrackGame?mutator=BTPlusPlusv0994.BTPlusPlus,BTCheckPoints.BTCheckPoints,MapVoteCE103.BDBMapVote?MaxPlayers=10 ini=UnrealTournament.ini multihome=<THE_SERVER_IP> port=7777 -nohomedir
And UnrealTournament.ini [Engine.GameEngine] is now:

Code:
CacheSizeMegs=4
UseSound=True
ServerPackages=SoldierSkins
ServerPackages=CommandoSkins
ServerPackages=FCommandoSkins
ServerPackages=SGirlSkins
ServerPackages=BossSkins
ServerPackages=Botpack
ServerPackages=BTinsta
ServerPackages=BTPPUser
ServerPackages=BTPlusPlusv0994
ServerPackages=BTPlusPlusv0994_C
ServerPackages=BTCheckPoints
ServerPackages=NexgenPlus100
ServerPackages=NexgenCC
ServerPackages=Nexgen112
ServerPackages=NexgenPlayerLookup112
ServerPackages=NexgenClientsideExtensions112
ServerPackages=NexgenWarn112
ServerPackages=MapVoteCE103
ServerPackages=BunnyTrack2
ServerPackages=IpToCountry_AOL
ServerPackages=CountryFlags2
ServerActors=IpToCountry.LinkActor
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerActors=Nexgen112.NexgenActor
ServerActors=NexgenPlayerLookup112.NexgenPlayerLookup
ServerActors=NexgenServersideExtensions.NSEMain
ServerActors=NexgenPlus100.NXPMain
ServerActors=NexgenWarn112.NexgenWarn
And it seems to be working OK. The good news is - this has fixed the weapons problem on BT-DM (and also on other maps, I've now found)! So, number (1) on my list of problems is now done away with - which is great, thank you for your help.

Unfortunately I still have problem (2) with the scores.

Also, problem (3) with the Nexgen MapSwitch and the scoreboard remains. But I've just noticed that when I do a MapSwitch (with BTPlusPlus loaded from the command line), and the chosen map starts, I don't have a shock rifle, but normal weapons instead - perhaps that points to something.

I also have a couple of new problems:

4) F2 doesn't work - I mean, when I press F2, *nothing* shows up. No server info, not even just a line of text, the screen doesn't change at all.

5) The server doesn't appear in the "Capture The Flag" category in the server browser. This isn't critical, but most BT servers do. I'm not sure what's responsible for that

6) Boost. Boost is very odd. On the BT server where I spend most time, Boost is very reliable. When it's on, it stays on, regardless of whether you die, rejoin, or leave for a week. On this server (and I've noticed something similar on the |UK| SAM HOUSE BT server), Boost *mostly* works... but sometimes doesn't.
It's very inconsistent. It'll work for a while - surviving respawns, reconnects and what-have-you. But then suddenly, just when you need it, it'll (apparently at) random stop functioning - by which I mean, you'll suddenly not be Boostable, having previously set Boost on.

Finally, you mentioned that we're using an outdated version of BTPlusPlus - could you tell me what the most up-to-date version is? And where I can get a copy? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the version labelling, but I can't seem to find anything newer than 0994 in the BTPlusPlus thread on this forum.

Really grateful for any further help and suggestions!

Last edited by ShaiHulud : 16th February, 2013 at 06:36 PM.
Unread 16th February, 2013, 02:46 AM
Dominating

Made some progress.

Problem (1) - solved
Problem (6) - *hopefully* solved. I got a hint from another thread on this forum about a bug involving BTInsta. I swapped BTIsnta out for i4Games_InstaGib_200810, and Boosting seems to work more consistently now

Problem (2) - remains (with the strange BT scoring)
Problem (3) - remains (Nexgen mapswitch prevents MapVote from loading)
Problem (4) - remains (F2 doesn't show the server info screen)
Problem (5) - remains (server doesn't shop up under Capture The Flag)

So. I'd be glad of any help with these outstanding problems.
Unread 16th February, 2013, 09:07 AM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaiHulud View Post
Problem (3) - remains (Nexgen mapswitch prevents MapVote from loading)
Problem (4) - remains (F2 doesn't show the server info screen)
Problem (5) - remains (server doesn't shop up under Capture The Flag)
(3): Probably a conflict between Nexgen and your custom Mapvote. Either switch the Mapvote or disable Nexgen's map switch?

(4): Nexgen 112 blocks the ServerInfo screen. NexgenExtensions fixes this bug.

(5): Only servers with CTFGame gametype will show up under the CTF tab. You must be running a different gametype, or your uplink to the masterserver is incorrect.
Unread 16th February, 2013, 09:57 AM
Holy Shit!!

@Sp0ngeb0b , thanks for the F2 fix appreciated.. also how'd you get on with other project ?

Cheers.
Unread 16th February, 2013, 02:54 PM
Godlike

Actually, NexgenExtensions is made by Meindratheal, so thx to him
Project is going well, will take some more time though
Unread 16th February, 2013, 06:39 PM
Dominating

Hey Sp0nge Thanks very much for your help (again!) that gives me a lot to go on. I'll change some things and report back on how it goes.

[UPDATE]

Problem (4): OK, here's what I've found so far. I'm using NexgenExtensions112 at present, and the F2 ServerInfo problem apparently persists with that release. I downloaded the linked version from your message (NexgenExtensions112D1), and when installed the server console shows an error which prevents the server from starting (unable to load Nexgen112D).
This is probably obvious, but I think this means that this particular version (112D) requires Nexgen112D in order to function, and won't work with the earlier Nexgen112?

Problem (5): That makes sense. The server console says "Game class is 'BunnyTrackGame'" when the server first starts. I suppose, then, the question is - how do the other BT servers perform this trick of "appearing" to be CTF servers?

Last edited by ShaiHulud : 16th February, 2013 at 07:56 PM. Reason: New information
Unread 16th February, 2013, 09:26 PM
Holy Shit!!

Nexgen112N-full http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/u...n112N-full.rar

Unread 17th February, 2013, 10:29 AM
Godlike

(4): My mistake Shai, the version i linked to was indeed specific for Nexgen112D. Use this one instead: NexgenExtensions112b.

(5) It's because you are running the Bunnytrack gametype. In your startup line:
Code:
?game=BunnyTrack.BunnyTrackGame
change that back to 'Botpack.CTFGame', and just use BTPlusPlus only.
Unread 17th February, 2013, 05:35 PM
Dominating

admin, thanks for that - we thought about using that version, but there are a couple of reasons why we've opted not to use it at this point, though it's good to know it's there.

Sp0nge - fantasic! Thank you, I'll make each of these modifications and update once they're running. Very grateful

[UPDATE]

Success! That worked beautifully, thanks again Sp0nge. F2 is now doing what it's meant to, and the server is making new friends among the "Capture The Flag" crowd.

Excellent. So, now I just need to figure out why the scoring system is giving such strange numbers and we'll be pretty much there.

Last edited by ShaiHulud : 17th February, 2013 at 05:49 PM.
Unread 17th February, 2013, 07:07 PM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaiHulud View Post
Excellent. So, now I just need to figure out why the scoring system is giving such strange numbers and we'll be pretty much there.
Check it out one more time - deaths should now lower the players score, it was probably the BunnyTrack gametype that prevented that. Not sure how to avoid the extra points for a cap though, since they are added by the CTFGametype automatically...

Glad most stuff works by now
Unread 18th February, 2013, 12:42 AM
Dominating

Hey Sp0nge - hmm, strangely, I've tried again now and it still doesn't lower your score when you die.

This is now my start-up command line:

Code:
./ucc-bin server BT-!nekoDungeon?game=Botpack.CTFGame?mutator=BTPlusPlusv0994.BTPlusPlus,BTCheckPoints.BTCheckPoints,i4Games_InstaGib_200810.i4Games_InstaGib,MapVoteCE103.BDBMapVote?MaxPlayers=10 ini=UnrealTournament.ini multihome=<THE_SERVER_IP> port=7777 -nohomedir

Completely separately, I've just noticed that one particular map BT-Another crashes the server and produces this in the server console:

Code:
Server switch level: BT-Another.unr?game=BunnyTrack.BunnyTrackGame
Browse: BT-Another.unr?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?Team=0?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Othello?game=BunnyTrack.BunnyTrackGame?mutator=BTPlusPlusv0994.BTPlusPlus,BTCheckPoints.BTCheckPoints,i4Games_InstaGib_200810.i4Games_InstaGib,MapVoteCE103.BDBMapVote?MaxPlayers=10
LoadMap: BT-Another.unr?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?Team=0?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Othello?game=BunnyTrack.BunnyTrackGame?mutator=BTPlusPlusv0994.BTPlusPlus,BTCheckPoints.BTCheckPoints,i4Games_InstaGib_200810.i4Games_InstaGib,MapVoteCE103.BDBMapVote?MaxPlayers=10
Close TcpipConnection0 Sun Feb 17 20:27:08 2013
WinSock shut down
Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault
...which is odd given that it runs perfectly well on every other server I've visited, and I've verified that the map and all associated files are identical.
Unread 24th February, 2013, 11:55 PM
Dominating

More questions I'm afraid.

The problem with BT scoring remains (7 points awarded for a cap, score doesn't go down when you die), but this may be related to the next issue, which is this: when the server first restarts, it appears under the "Capture The Flag" tab in the server browser.

However, once the map has been switched, the server no longer appears under the CTF tab, only the generic "UT Servers" tab. Can anyone explain why this might be?

Further, we're having some problems with Nexgen (112) - it seems to keep "forgetting" some of its settings. For example, if we disable Team Balance, it somehow re-enables itself after a few games (the exact pattern isn't known yet). But it's definitely not because anyone is changing it back in-between, or because any files are being manually edited and re-uploaded.

It's quite strange.

Any tips or suggestions greatly appreciated.
Unread 25th February, 2013, 08:37 AM
Godlike

You are still running the BunnyTrack gametype. See in the log file:
Code:
Server switch level: BT-Another.unr?game=BunnyTrack.BunnyTrackGame
Its probably related to your mapvote/ map change setup. Show us your config for that, and change everything which is related with BunnyTrack.BunnyTrackGame to Botpack.CTFGame . I'm pretty sure the score will be corrected then.

Strange thing with the teambalancer, are you sure 'allowTeamBalance' is set to False in Nexgen.ini? Also check whether the fixed gametype eliminates this issue.
Unread 25th February, 2013, 09:40 AM
Holy Shit!!

Yes.. the GameType for Memory should be "BotPack.CTFGame" is i remember correctly.. that will keep it in the CTF List.

I think it actually works alright like that as well.. alternatively if you use "BunnyTrack.BunnyTrack" Gametype there is an extension someplace which adds BT to your list of icons..

to further promote this albeit how well it works is to use Sendto mod with !install (BT Tab) association with it.. which downloads the mod (make it a umod ) for players to install which will auto install I guess the tab into their browser windows..

as for scoring in SmartCTF? Games is this not all controlled by the SmartCTF.ini file.. Although depending what other mods you are running .. there could be conflicts between all 30 of them which add's removes (does strange things) and equates to Millions at the end of the Game.. throwing in a couple of Cookies for good Measure also. Autoteambalance has the Milk n Cookies btw.

Personally I use it because it has the shortcuts !play , !spec , !red, !blue and most importantly !vote

and for cookies...

seems to me to be a major mod conflict anyways..

Also.. re: multiple gametypes in Mapvote.. Equates to your Servers jumping between all the tabs in UT Server Browser.. Each Time that 'Gametype' Changes you're server is going to move to that list.

but ... doesn't really matter .. if your 'players' bookmark it .. as they should if they enjoy playing there.. in which case it will always show in their Favorites list...

Last edited by back4more : 25th February, 2013 at 09:49 AM. Reason: edit: my new typ0 *is instead of *if... /
Unread 25th February, 2013, 08:43 PM
Dominating

Hey Sp0nge, back4more, thanks to you both for your replies.

Sp0nge - about the MapVote, it's some sort of derivative of BDBMapVote, the ini file has much the same settings, and I've *just* been looking at the HelpFile for BDBMapVote to compare.

This is the top portion (very similar to BDBMapVote - http://clandark.freehostia.com/MapVoteReadMe.htm)

Code:
bAutoDetect=False
bCTF=True
bBT=True
bOther=False
bSortWithPreFix=True
bUseMapList=False
bAutoOpen=True
bKickVote=True
bCheckOtherGameTie=False
bEntryWindows=False
bDebugMode=False
UseCache=True
bLoadScreenShot=True
VoteTimeLimit=80
KickPercent=51
MsgTimeOut=10
ScoreBoardDelay=10
RepeatLimit=0
MidGameVotePercent=51
MinMapCount=0
NotVoteTime=10
LoadListCount=1
MapsCacheCount=1617
OtherClass=
Mode=Majority
MapPreFixOverRide=
PreFixSwap=
MapVoteHistoryType=
ServerInfoURL=
MapInfoURL=
HasStartWindow=Auto
If I grep my ini files for "BunnyTrack.BunnyTrackGame", the only hits I get are:

Nexgen.ini
Code:
lastServerURL=BT-!nekoDungeon.unr?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?Team=0?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Othello?game=BunnyTrack.BunnyTrackGame?mutator=BTPlusPlusv0994.BTPlusPlus,BTCheckPoints.BTCheckPoints,i4Games_InstaGib_200810.i4Games_InstaGib,MapVoteCE103.BDBMapVote?MaxPlayers=10
And

UnrealTournament.ini
Code:
[BunnyTrack.BunnyTrackGame]
bNoTeamChanges=False
FriendlyFireScale=0.000000
MaxTeams=2
GoalTeamScore=0.000000
MaxTeamSize=16
FragLimit=0
TimeLimit=0
bMultiWeaponStay=True
bForceRespawn=False
bUseTranslocator=False
MaxCommanders=2
bNoMonsters=False
bHumansOnly=True
bCoopWeaponMode=True
bClassicDeathMessages=False
MinFOV=80.000000
MaxFOV=130.000000
MaxNameChanges=0
But, just casually browsing the innards of the MapVote u file, I notice:

Code:
//************************************************************************************************
//Trigered by: TallyVotes(), Timer(), Mutate();
//************************************************************************************************
function string SetupGameMap(string MapName)
{
   local string GameType;

if(Left(Caps(MapName),2) == "BT") GameType = "BunnyTrack.BunnyTrackGame";
   if(Left(Caps(MapName),3) == "CTF") GameType = "BotPack.CTFGame";

return MapName$".unr?game="$GameType;
}
And also

Code:
event timer()
{
   local pawn aPawn;
   local int VoterNum,NoVoteCount,mapnum;
   local MapVoteWRI A;
   local Pawn P;

if(bLevelSwitchPending)
   {
      if(Level.TimeSeconds > ServerTravelTime + 3) // Give a little extra time for windows to close
      {
         if( Level.NextURL == "" )
	      {           
	         if(Level.NextSwitchCountdown < 0)  // if negative then level switch failed
	         {
	            Log("Map change Failed, bad or missing map file.");
	            mapnum = Rand(MapCount) + 1;                  
	            while(Left(MapList[mapnum],3) == "[X]")  // don't allow elimiated maps
                    mapnum = Rand(MapCount) + 1;         // select a different map            
                    ServerTravelString = SetupGameMap(MapList[mapnum]);
                    Level.ServerTravel(ServerTravelString, false);    // change the map
	         }
	         else Level.ServerTravel(ServerTravelString, false);    // change the map

}
      }
      return;

}

<--- SNIP --->
Tellingly, the other server where this mapvote is in use also does not appear in the CTF tab (or, that I can see). So... perhaps the only solution would be to pre-pend CTF- to all of the maps. I should relabel on, restart the server, vote it, and see what happens. In fact, I'll do that and report back...

About Nexgen, thank you for that suggestion! I've just checked and:

Code:
allowTeamBalance=True
...so, I'll modify that and re-upload it. The Capture Limit has somehow set itself back to "3" from "0" several times too (ought to have mentioned that in my previous message), but I can't seem to see where this is mentioned (in Nexgen.ini) at the moment.

I think the other changes we've made have all "stuck", so these two things (that we've noticed so far, anyway) are a bit of an oddity.

back4more, appreciate the advice, thank you for sharing all of that.

Last edited by ShaiHulud : 26th February, 2013 at 03:01 AM.
Unread 26th February, 2013, 03:32 AM
Dominating

Update. OK, going on my hunch, I renamed one map from "BT-<mapname>" to "CTF-BT-<mapname>" and restarted the server.

So, we know that when the server first boots, it has the correct Botpack.CTFGame type, and that as soon as a map switch occurs, this changes to BunnyTrack.BunnyTrackGame.

When I voted the re-named map straight after a server restart... the server *remained* in the CTF tab in the server browser.

Observation 2: no idea why I didn't think to try this before. Suiciding on the first map when the server restarts DOES reduce your player score by 1. Getting killed by something does the same (although, weirdly on !nekodungeon, some obstacles seem to take 2 points away, but I'm assuming this is something map specific for now - mostly because the other map I renamed was another version of !neko, so I couldn't check for certain because it did the same thing).

So, when I voted the renamed map straight after the restart, and Suicided, and died on various obstacles - my score ALSO went down by one.

I can only conclude, then, that the snippet of code (the SetupGameMap method) is responsible for this.

I also tried changing:

Code:
bCTF=True
bBT=True
...to...

Code:
bCTF=False
bBT=True
...for the heck of it, but to no effect. It seems that I have two choices.

1) Rename all of our maps (annoying - not so much the exercise, it's just that the CTF-BT- moniker bugs me)

or

2) Modify the mapvote code and recompile - if this is even possible. It seems to decompile (I know that's not the correct term for uscript, but it's gone from my mind at the moment) OK, so perhaps this is possible. Any thoughts on how tricky that might be Sp0nge?

Thanks for reading all of this if you've got this far
Unread 26th February, 2013, 05:29 AM
Dominating

I was feeling reckless so I thought what the heck and recompiled the MapVote. It's the first time I've done anything like this for UT, so there were a few things to learn along the way.

Like the dependency on BunnyTrack, and finding out after much confusion that I needed to include the source for that under my UT directory AND include it in the list of "EditPackages" *above* the listing for the mapvote in UnrealTournament.ini, but we got there.

Anyway, I very simply changed:

Code:
{
   local string GameType;

if(Left(Caps(MapName),2) == "BT") GameType = "BunnyTrack.BunnyTrackGame";

}
TO (look carefully!)

Code:
{
   local string GameType;

if(Left(Caps(MapName),2) == "BT") GameType = "BotPack.CTFGame";

}
Recompiled the unit and uploaded it to the server. The old MapVote.u file was 237KB, the "new" one is 318KB - any idea what could account for this? Is there some compiler switch for stripping symbols or something, or perhaps another tool for condensing output?

Anyway. After uploading this version to the server:
1) The server ALWAYS shows in the CTF tab
2) Getting killed takes a point from your score

BUT. You still get 7 points when you score. So that's stumped me. Heh, sorry for the stream-of-consciousness posting, but I'd still be glad of your input Sp0nge, if you can make any sense of this babble.
Unread 26th February, 2013, 11:35 AM
Godlike

Well yeah, you were indeed on the right track and most things you've done so far a right! Please only make sure that you rename the mapvote package, so there won't be any version missmatches.
About the file size: Don't worry about it, as long as it compiles without an error and it seems to function probably everything is fine

Well, the 7 points for a cap are, as i said, hard-coded in the CTF-Gametype. You can either live with it or we would have to create a little mod (great stuff for a beginner btw) which deducts the 7 points after the cap occured.